Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White Question

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Burnley lost one of their cbs they could do a lot worse.

Do you think they'd break their transfer record of £15M for Chris Wood to sign him? If not - then that is my whole point

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Do you think they'd break their transfer record of £15M for Chris Wood to sign him? If not - then that is my whole point

I hope we’d get 12-15 for Duffy.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can't see us getting much for Duffy in all honesty. Dunk possibly but to who and at what cost?

Duffy is a decent centre half who would get a game for most of the bottom half of the PL in my opinion. Valuations may be totally different now, but I would want and expect £15-20m for Shane Duffy.
He doesn't fit with Potter's style I get that but he was our POTS the year before. Dunk is a more complete player and probably worth £30-35m but both are 28 and at their peak as defenders.

That's assuming anyone has any money next season of course but there are somethings that are just not in your control...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Selling good young and relatively low wage players with a substantial potential value uplift in the future before that value is realised is the quickest way to double those losses. Duffy and for that matter Dunk are probably at their peak in terms of value and it would make more financial sense to sell one of those than White. It may well in Duffy's case in particular make sense from a footballing sense too...

Can you change your name please? when i read seaside i think wedgee whatever his name is. It make me ignore a sensible post like this, ta. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here