Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s just so out of proportion though. Some people really need to let things go, and the whole Smug Eddie thing is also absurd, Really struggle to relate. Portsmouth and I could understand it, not Bournemouth. Good luck to them and him.

We are football fans, and many of us are petty. It is part of the attraction. Yes it is infantile, but if you reduce the little rivalries, there would be a lot less atmosphere at matches. It is fun to see a rival or a disliked team suffer. And it's close season, there's no real football to talk about! I can't relate to Pompey any more than Bournemouth as they are both so far away from where I live. I also don't know any fans of either team nor Soton.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It’s just so out of proportion though. Some people really need to let things go, and the whole Smug Eddie thing is also absurd, Really struggle to relate. Portsmouth and I could understand it, not Bournemouth. Good luck to them and him.

Good luck to them!
Just when football was trying to make an attempt to clean its act up and protect smaller clubs from financial ruin, Muff said sod that and bought their way to the prem. No I don't say good luck to them, it served as a blue print to other owners who were willing to risk a clubs finances in a financial fair play new dawn, thus undermining it from the beginning.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Good luck to them!
Just when football was trying to make an attempt to clean its act up and protect smaller clubs from financial ruin, Muff said sod that and bought their way to the prem. No I don't say good luck to them, it served as a blue print to other owners who were willing to risk a clubs finances in a financial fair play new dawn, thus undermining it from the beginning.

To be fair FFP should be based on stadium capacity.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are people on here who have a compulsion to obsessively find people and things to hate. One of those wet lettuce bitches certainly stands out more than others on this extremist OCD spectrum, but it is good to see that they are consistent and it demonstrably says more about them.

I personally cannot knock the back to back promotions and exciting football he brought to a club with a League One stadium at best, who were punching above their weight, and who gave Elphick and Cook a well deserved career break.

Bournemouth gave those players a break yes, but at our expense and at a cost that Bournemouth couldn't afford without cheating. You later on say that FFP should work on the basis of stadia size and that would indeed give a rough estimate of possible revenue, but that is exactly what Bournemouth ignored and continued to pay way over the odds for otherwise unattainable players. They cheated us and other teams who would have either been promoted or reached the play-offs and benefited at our expense. Chickens are coming home to roost now though because, like palace, they have poor infrastructure and have not invested PL money wisely.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bournemouth gave those players a break yes, but at our expense and at a cost that Bournemouth couldn't afford without cheating. You later on say that FFP should work on the basis of stadia size and that would indeed give a rough estimate of possible revenue, but that is exactly what Bournemouth ignored and continued to pay way over the odds for otherwise unattainable players. They cheated us and other teams who would have either been promoted or reached the play-offs and benefited at our expense. Chickens are coming home to roost now though because, like palace, they have poor infrastructure and have not invested PL money wisely.

When Malcolm X used that phrase he owned it. Your hate is really extreme if you feel the need to use it yourself over Bournemouth.

You need to get a hobby or something.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When Malcolm X used that phrase he owned it. Your hate is really extreme if you feel the need to use it yourself over Bournemouth.

Come off it. Loads of people say that. It's become a generic term for what goes around comes around. Or something.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Get over yourself mate. You have just taken a dislike to my comments and are now becoming personal. I don't have hatred for Bournemouth. I really, really like that the cheats are caught out at last though. Maybe you should lighten up a little, there are many more on this thread who also dislike Howe and Bournemouth. It is odd that you don't mind the Albion along with many other championship clubs being cheated but it takes all sorts.

BTW chickens coming home to roost is very old, recorded back as far as 1390, Malcolm X is an irrelevance in this conversation and you know it.

Come off it. Loads of people say that. It's become a generic term for what goes around comes around. Or something.

Yes, this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You'd think you'd have learned by now to always google more than one link :lolol: :ffsparr:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

You know when you read or hear something so wrong that you stop in your tracks .. well this is one of them.

How someone can link Malcolm X and PLB in just two sentences is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can I use he has bigger fish to fry?

After paying roughly a 20 million fine after admitting their guilt in cheating to gain entry to the PL, former Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe now has bigger fish to fry after reportedly being considering for the U23 job at Leeds.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9447078 said:
Came on this thread to see if there's any news on Eddie's new job and all I find is people arguing over Malcolm X!?

NSC :lolol:

Might do a job for us looking at some of the names in the pot :wink:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
‘Become’ as in since the 19th century.......[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes I said he "used that phrase" and owned it. It's a 700 year old expression so much older than the 19th century.

You do understand that when footballers are considered being really important to a club, the shirt number is retired? That is the analogy and it is wasted on Bournemouth.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes I said he "used that phrase" and owned it. It's a 700 year old expression so much older than the 19th century.

So why should he 'own' it, if it was around for hundreds of years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here