Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2019 "up all night" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've been buying Christmas bits and pieces for the last few weeks, every time I've done the weekly shop. As such, there is now a significant stash of some of my favourite things which I know will be calling my name in the wee early hours of Friday morning. Dangerous.

It certainly is but well done for being so organised. I'm a "last-minute guy" on all things especially Xmas. But I'm pretty well organised for tomorrow night.

Not sure if anyone attends the Election Night at Brighton Dome. It was a must back in my late teens/early twenties back in the 70s. It was very rowdy with beered-up full houses every time. I can recall lurching home in the wee small hours.

Times have changed and the TV coverage in the comfort of your own home is preferable these days.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I have the Friday off work to do the all nighter. I think this election could be exciting and worth the lack of sleep.

I shall spend the night down my local with the election night unfolding on TV and then off home to continue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Timmy "Expenses" Loughton is getting nervous. Mrs Igzilla and I actually got personalised, hand delivered letters from him begging for us to vote Tory. needless to say, they went straight into the recycling bin.

The money’s all on Tim to win.

D273F130-BA2E-47BE-901E-74A2210BE68B.png

But 8/1 is fantastic odds in a 2 horse race marginal.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Got to work Friday so currently planning to watch the exit polls then set the alarm for 3am and doze until then before getting back into it. Depending on how the polls go that plan may be ditched though.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Yes! Love Election night! From the Exit Poll reveal at 10pm through for as long as I can stay awake followed by sleep on the sofa with the tv on and waking up to the next few seats results, followed by more sleep and the cycle goes on until there’s a result. Always an interesting night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just got up to go to some meetings in London. Will be returning in time to vote. Likely to be too knackered and too tempted to drink to do the whole night but want to at least see some meaningful results so could be up till about 2. If the exit poll is really straight forward then it might be an early night and back up early in morning instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I am working nights so I'll have the TV on at work to see what's going on. Normally I stay up a bit later than normal for an election but work has forced my hand tonight.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
The close of poll is 09.00am here Friday morning so I will be keeping an eye on it throughout the day. I have promised my grandson that I will take him into the city to see Santa and the Christmas show tomorrow.

If in the UK I would certainly be doing an all-nighter at the count after having done an all-dayer in a Polling station!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oops, also started something similar!

Yes, simple work, vote and then kip 6.30 p.m. to 12.30 a.m., no beer, good clean food and watch until around 5 a.m. and then grab two hours before up for work at 7.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've scanned it and can't seem to find any mention of crisp and savoury snack consumption, so I'm a little bit disappointed.

Come on [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], we need to be fresh and awake to fully enjoy every minute of this joyous example of democracy, it's only fresh fruit and the occasional packet of peanuts allowed!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Having just returned from a trip to Belgium, my fridge has a few 'stronger than normal' (for me anyway) 7% beers awaiting tasting. The Christmas pringles are ready so hope the wife hasn't counted the tubes. Always watch Sky and loved the election many years back when they had a behind the scenes channel. But with Burcow on this year it will have to be BBC. Target time 3:30 am

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wild kind of look to the day,
Opening eyes impale neon flickers
She moon she turning away,
The city's her slave but he's cheating his mistress

She's moody and grey,
She's mean and she's restless (so restless)
All over you as they say
Rumours or rivals yell at the strike force

Hi guys, by the way, are you aware you're being illegal
It's making your savior behaviour look evil
Excuse my timing but say,
How d'you fit in with this flim, flam and Judy

Maximum big surprise your smile is something new
I pull my shirt off and pray,
We're sacred and bound to suffer the heatwave
Pull my shirt off and pray we're coming up on re-election day

https://youtu.be/4W5aKwrsYIM

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Come on everyone get out and vote turn out at my polling station has been brisk lots of the older generation prepaired to face the elements I was woundering if the weather would reduce numbers well so far if it has it appears to be the younger generations

I don't care who you vote for (not entirely true) but please do get out and vote and encourage familey and friends to do likewise

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Come on everyone get out and vote turn out at my polling station has been brisk lots of the older generation prepaired to face the elements I was woundering if the weather would reduce numbers well so far if it has it appears to be the younger generations

I don't care who you vote for (not entirely true) but please do get out and vote and encourage familey and friends to do likewise

The younger generations are at work.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I will defiantly be up all night first as a teller at my local polling station then offering lifts to less mobile voters then the pub followed by the count for East Worthing and Shoreham which has become a real marginal and then finally home to watch TV

Has it? I thought Tim Loughton is nailed on to get in regardless of tactical voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here