Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali J to get his chance soon?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is he though? He gets a bit of stick, but he's been almost entirely poxy. I'd say Montoya gets far more stick

He undoubtedly would be if he played more as the starting point for many will be 'he's shit' so anything other than a blinder will be validation of that........similar to Bong. You know the rules - we have to have a scapegoat in the team. Currently it seems to be Martin.............yet Maupay hasn't scored for a while and missed some decent chances, we've had barely a shot from midfield, our beloved CBs conceded two headers for goals last week.........etc (I'm not getting at any of our players by the way - just don't think we need to be on the backs of any in particular....team game and all that).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
For the moaners around me in ESU the top 5 current boo boys in order are:

1. Stephens
2. March
3. Montoya
4. Ryan
5. Propper

But there's a big gap between the top two and the rest. They really hate Dale and Solly.

FWIW I think that AJ has a role to play.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If he plays, and gets to take a free kick or corner, will we give him the "Whhhhooooooooooooooahhhhh.." like for the opposition goalie?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

1. Stephens
2. March
3. Montoya
4. Ryan
5. Propper

But there's a big gap between the top two and the rest. They really hate Dale and Solly.

Thank the sweet lord I don't sit near you, you poor soul, listening to them moan about perfectly good players.

I never see the need to constantly have a go and target particular players who at the end of the day play for the club, get behind them, encourage them..... Christ on a broken bike what is wrong with any of those players, they are as near as the best we have, they may not be the best in the league, but come on....

By all means have a moan, about a player going missing in a game or having a bit of a shocker, but vindictive perpetual abuse is boring and usually shows the perpetrator up as an idiot, and usually just moans no matter who is in the squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he plays, and gets to take a free kick or corner, will we give him the "Whhhhooooooooooooooahhhhh.." like for the opposition goalie?

No. that would be mean.

We could give him the 'Whooooooooooooooooooo?' when he comes on as sub, though :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. Stephens
2. March
3. Montoya
4. Ryan
5. Propper

Hehehe

I don't think you quite meant that post, in the manner I read it!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

1. Stephens
2. March
3. Montoya
4. Ryan
5. Propper

Similar in WSL - Stephens (ALWAYS sideways or backwards apparently), Ryan ('FFS kick it LONG you ****') and March ('take him on !').................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ali J hasn’t even registered an assist.

Simply untrue*. I can see why Ninja and Stat get so upset, when anti-Ali propaganda like this goes unchallenged.

*he mishit a shot against Bristol Rovers' fringe players in the first round of the Caraboo Cup, that Connolly turned into a pass, and scored.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Similar in WSL - Stephens (ALWAYS sideways or backwards apparently), Ryan ('FFS kick it LONG you ****') and March ('take him on !').................

I am guilty of the last one sometimes, no actually quite often. The most infuriating current player as he has the ability but seldom the confidence. As for his crosses....

Dare I say the only player who hasn’t upped his game since Potter arrived?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am guilty of the last one sometimes, no actually quite often. The most infuriating current player as he has the ability but seldom the confidence. As for his crosses....

Dare I say the only player who hasn’t upped his game since Potter arrived?

And you'd think he'd be the one to benefit most from having a coach who is also fully qualified 'head and stuff' professional. (I've seen his certificate).

As for boo-ing.

Potterball wins hands down.
Now Bong has gone my lot really hate penalty area passing.

Naturally closely followed by, Stephens, Propper, et al.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Simply untrue*. I can see why Ninja and Stat get so upset, when anti-Ali propaganda like this goes unchallenged.

*he mishit a shot against Bristol Rovers' fringe players in the first round of the Caraboo Cup, that Connolly turned into a pass, and scored.

Fair point. He could’ve also made a huge difference in the FAC semi* if he’d gone to the floor clutching his face during that incident with Kyle Walker, but couldn’t even do that properly.

*Ali J in the starting 11 in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley stadium - just another example of him not being given a chance.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And you'd think he'd be the one to benefit most from having a coach who is also fully qualified 'head and stuff' professional. (I've seen his certificate).

As for boo-ing.

Potterball wins hands down.
Now Bong has gone my lot really hate penalty area passing.

Naturally closely followed by, Stephens, Propper, et al.

End of last season March was one of the very few high spots in fairness to him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair point. He could’ve also made a huge difference in the FAC semi if he’d gone to the floor clutching his face during that incident with Kyle Walker, but couldn’t even do that properly.

*Ali J in the starting 11 in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley stadium - just another example of him not being given a chance.
A game where the team were set up to defend and hopefully catch City out from a dead ball situation.

From memory Ali 'won' more freekicks than anybody else even Gravity Whoring for a couple not them.

Anyhoo my bone of contention with that game centres around my fallen hero! Big Jurg.
Singlefootedly got us to Wembley then dumped for the game.
From the outside looking in I thought that was pretty poor man management.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I still believe. :thumbsup: Time is running out, if he gets a chance to play, anywhere on the pitch, this month - he HAS to take it. His next appearance in an Albion shirt will define his time here, either he wants it to the point that he's possessed, or he's resigned to his fate.

Personally, I think he'd bust a gut to prove himself but we'll have to wait and see. I have no problem accepting the criticism of his time here so far, but I have no hesitation in standing by him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I still believe. :thumbsup: Time is running out, if he gets a chance to play, anywhere on the pitch, this month - he HAS to take it. His next appearance in an Albion shirt will define his time here, either he wants it to the point that he's possessed, or he's resigned to his fate.

Personally, I think he'd bust a gut to prove himself but we'll have to wait and see. I have no problem accepting the criticism of his time here so far, but I have no hesitation in standing by him.

Yep it’s going to be tough now because he needs to produce immediately, which won’t be easy. The sighs and moans will definitely be heard on his first mistake too which won’t help him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep it’s going to be tough now because he needs to produce immediately, which won’t be easy.
I do hope you're not implying all his critics will hold Ali to a higher standard than everyone else?

The way posters are falling over themselves to get to the 'I Was Wrong' thread proves how important it is for everyone here to be honest.

Shame on you for thinking otherwise. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here