Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
He can run but he can't hide.

Help! Mummy! [emoji38]ol:
I get the feeling his Ma is non too impressed. What ever you think of royals she has spent a life in service whereas he has been up to no good under the guise of public service. Most definitely bring the family into disrepute.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Am I the only one who feels that Prince Andrew does nothing to dispel suspicions of guilt, when he and his legal team are openly hiding from those attempting to serve legal papers on him?

Is this what our ‘nobility’ has come to? Behaving like somebody hiding behind the sofa when the TV Licensing people call?

Prince Andrew's team dispute claims accuser served legal papers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58527909

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[tweet]1436724125612093440[/tweet]

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

That’s superb, and pretty much exactly the impression I’ve got of him. I hadn’t seen that.

He’s just cowering, these are not the actions of an innocent man, and surely even the most ardent Royalists out there must be struggling to rationalise these absolutely insane actions.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
and surely even the most ardent Royalists out there must be struggling to rationalise these absolutely insane actions.

They will hold their noses and carry on. This country will keep Boris in power for the next 10 years, if that can happen the Royalists have nothing to worry about. We get the society we deserve.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Am I the only one who feels that Prince Andrew does nothing to dispel suspicions of guilt, when he and his legal team are openly hiding from those attempting to serve legal papers on him?

Is this what our ‘nobility’ has come to? Behaving like somebody hiding behind the sofa when the TV Licensing people call?

Prince Andrew's team dispute claims accuser served legal papers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58527909

He can't of been served, he's instructed all police officers not to accept anything and he's holding a private shooting party for friends at Balmoral.

What a total scumbag

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can we just remember something called "libel". Throwing around words like "nonce" isn't a great idea for a man who hasn't even been formally charged with a criminal offence, let alone convicted.

Satire and humour is a different matter. But outright stating that an individual is a sex offending criminal is really not wise.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a Royalist in the sense that I like the fact we have a ceremonial head of state that has a history that many other countries don't have. One of the main reasons we should keep them is the alternative is that we get someone like Trump as our head of state!! God help is Tim Martin decided to run for office!

That said, Andrew is risking bring the whole thing down with his evasiveness and the more it goes on the more likely people will draw their own conclusions, if they haven't already done so. I certainly have. He either needs to face his accusers willingly or the Royal Family need to throw him to the lions to protect the rest of the firm. I don't think either will happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm a Royalist in the sense that I like the fact we have a ceremonial head of state that has a history that many other countries don't have. One of the main reasons we should keep them is the alternative is that we get someone like Trump as our head of state!! God help is Tim Martin decided to run for office!

That said, Andrew is risking bring the whole thing down with his evasiveness and the more it goes on the more likely people will draw their own conclusions, if they haven't already done so. I certainly have. He either needs to face his accusers willingly or the Royal Family need to throw him to the lions to protect the rest of the firm. I don't think either will happen.

Where I am too….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I thought the same as you but I then researched it.

We bin the Royal Family and the House of Lords. We replace it with an elected ‘House Of Independent Peers’ (no political party allegiance and campaigning, community nominations only for high achievers) and then have a President selected from the peers who’d have similar powers to the Queen, all 4 year one-off terms. The commons stays the same but with FPTP ditched leaving Belarus the only European state who uses this antiquated system.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I find him to be a very unlikable bloke - no charm, no empathy....snooty, lacking in sweat...:mad:

But....he has been found guilty of nothing and an attempt is being made to bring him to the states to face a civil (not criminal) case.

Whether I were innocent or guilty, if my brief was saying 'don't respond, don't comply, go and shoot some grouse' that (apart from shooting the birds) would be exactly what I'd do. :shrug:

Nothing to see here yet, apart from a mountain of fuel for an anti royal confirmation bias (which I would ordinarily share).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can we just remember something called "libel". Throwing around words like "nonce" isn't a great idea for a man who hasn't even been formally charged with a criminal offence, let alone convicted.

Satire and humour is a different matter. But outright stating that an individual is a sex offending criminal is really not wise.

I think most people would love to see him up in court having to prove he wasn’t a nonce to sue someone for libel who was insinuating he was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It isn't, but in this case I'd imagine you'd be pretty safe if you did.

We've all seen what he is like defending himself and imagine his lawyers have told him to keep his mouth shut.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

We bin the Royal Family and the House of Lords. We replace it with an elected ‘House Of Independent Peers’ (no political party allegiance and campaigning, community nominations only for high achievers) and then have a President selected from the peers who’d have similar powers to the Queen, all 4 year one-off terms. The commons stays the same but with FPTP ditched leaving Belarus the only European state who uses this antiquated system.

It sounds good but where are you going to get people with no party political allegiance? Who's going to pay for their campaigns other those with vested interests. Also, you could still end up with a Trumpesque president so it's a no from me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Queen, Princess Anne, William and Kate and Phil The Greek have done a great job, but I am coming round to the bigger picture that privilege and class are holding this country back. The likes of Boris and Prince Andrew make me sick.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
It sounds good but where are you going to get people with no party political allegiance? Who's going to pay for their campaigns other those with vested interests. Also, you could still end up with a Trumpesque president so it's a no from me.

I don’t think any system can guarantee not having a Trumpesque-type President and the fact that the monarchical succession is based purely on birth, irrespective of talent or inclination, must make it perfectly possible to have totally unsuitable guardians of the constitution.

Solution can only be to have a carefully written constitution with an ongoing parliamentary-type democracy (unlike the US) but with all the adjustments suggested above.

I have a huge amount of respect for QE2 but the prospect of her passing on the reins to Charles, William et al in perpetuity fills me with horror.

I’ve always felt that state-funded elections are the way forward to reduce/eliminate vested interests and influence. Tricky to achieve without entrenching the status quo maybe but it must be better than the current system where the main parties are beholden to big business/unions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Just no.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Regardless of opinion on trump he was democratically elected and subsequently democratically elected out. I don’t know the name of Williams eldest son but imagine if he grows up to be a maniac. You, me and no other bugger gets a choice and can’t get rid.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Regardless of opinion on trump he was democratically elected and subsequently democratically elected out. I don’t know the name of Williams eldest son but imagine if he grows up to be a maniac. You, me and no other bugger gets a choice and can’t get rid.

except parliament of course. the head of state is there by act of parliament, they are really just chairman of the board, for PR and to sign off business, with little meaningful power. if we get a nutter we can change them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here