[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So far, all of Prince Charles’ anecdotes seem to involve him getting bollocked by his father for being a bit useless at stuff. On a human level, it’s a bit sad really.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quick synopsis of Prince Charles' contributions to the tribute to The Duke of Edinburgh on BBC1 earlier tonight, for those that may have missed it:

"Family barbeques? Oh yes - TREMENDOUS fun! Until I'd do something ghastly, like letting the fire go out. Then Papa would call me a useless prick." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

"Carriage driving? Oh yes, Papa loved carriage driving. You know, he once let me have a go, up the Long Walk in Windsor Great Park. Then I momentarily forget to concentrate and he shouted at me for being a useless ****. Happy times...." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

"Sports? Papa was a great one for sports. It's funny, you know, I remember playing soccer once - and dear old Papa was watching from the sidelines. 'Stop standing there itching your arse, you ****ing useless ****!' he bellowed. Dear old Papa. Always there with a word of encouragement...." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quick synopsis of Prince Charles' contributions to the tribute to The Duke of Edinburgh on BBC1 earlier tonight, for those that may have missed it:

"Family barbeques? Oh yes - TREMENDOUS fun! Until I'd do something ghastly, like letting the fire go out. Then Papa would call me a useless prick." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

"Carriage driving? Oh yes, Papa loved carriage driving. You know, he once let me have a go, up the Long Walk in Windsor Great Park. Then I momentarily forget to concentrate and he shouted at me for being a useless ****. Happy times...." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

"Sports? Papa was a great one for sports. It's funny, you know, I remember playing soccer once - and dear old Papa was watching from the sidelines. 'Stop standing there itching your arse, you ****ing useless ****!' he bellowed. Dear old Papa. Always there with a word of encouragement...." [HRH The Prince of Wales pauses and looks wistfully into the middle-distance].

Genius

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's the plants I feel sorry for, imagine listening to that all day...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Britain as a country is changing and the traditionalists are dying out. It’s a bit like churches 50 years ago, packed back then but only a hand few of elderly people now.

You are wrong about churches and age groups. I personally know of several with hundreds of members. Membership of the CofE may be down, but there are many thriving free churches.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
On the contrary, doubting Thomases are very welcome. :)

Many years ago, late 1980's, I was running the then Vicar of Broadwater home from the Crem, I asked him if I could ask him a specific question, which he said yes.

"Rev'd Dominy, if a tramp came into your church during the Sunday morning service, how many of the congregation acting on the words of the Bible, would invite the said individual back to their homes for Sunday dinner?"

To his credit he answered by saying he wasn't sure how many, if any, would, due to the, even back then, the security aspect. So even back then did Christianity locally actually do what it said on the tin? ( in mitigation I could be classed as an angry young man back then as it was at the time Barry Lloyds team lost 8 on the bounce in 88-89)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Direct debit, standing orders etc

Especially those Churches who preach the Prosperity Gospel which worryingly seem to be growing more and more popular in the UK. They are huge businesses in the US and Africa with their preachers/self proclaimed "prophets" being multi millionaires off the backs of their congregation, and are nothing but a bunch of unprincipled con men.

I have nothing against Christianity or those who follow it's teachings but these so called churches have nothing to do with the principles of Christianity as far as I can see.

I have an Angolan friend who has been sucked into this nonsense and the "prophet" she follows is a multi millionaire who is currently on the run from South Africa from charges of fraud and money laundering. There are also potential charges of rape if he gets extradited back from Malawi where he is currently holed up and carrying on his business as before. But all his followers, including my friend see him as a persecuted Christ like figure who can perform miracles. He has a few churches set up in the UK called Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) which aren't that widely known in the UK but he had huge influence in South Africa even amongst high ranking politicians including the former President Jacob Zuma, until he decided to skip bail and flee once he was charged.

I'm trying to steer my friend back to a more traditional view of Christianity but it's like dealing with a brainwashed member of a religeous cult which is essentially what it is. I'm not a Christian myself so it probably makes my task a little harder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54949819.amp

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Especially those Churches who preach the Prosperity Gospel which worryingly seem to be growing more and more popular in the UK. They are huge businesses in the US and Africa with their preachers/self proclaimed "prophets" being multi millionaires off the backs of their congregation, and are nothing but a bunch of unprincipled con men.

I have nothing against Christianity or those who follow it's teachings but these so called churches have nothing to do with the principles of Christianity as far as I can see.

I have an Angolan friend who has been sucked into this nonsense and the "prophet" she follows is a multi millionaire who is currently on the run from South Africa from charges of fraud and money laundering. There are also potential charges of rape if he gets extradited back from Malawi where he is currently holed up and carrying on his business as before. But all his followers, including my friend see him as a persecuted Christ like figure who can perform miracles. He has a few churches set up in the UK called Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) which aren't that widely known in the UK but he had huge influence in South Africa even amongst high ranking politicians including the former President Jacob Zuma, until he decided to skip bail and flee once he was charged.

I'm trying to steer my friend back to a more traditional view of Christianity but it's like dealing with a brainwashed member of a religeous cult which is essentially what it is. I'm not a Christian myself so it probably makes my task a little harder.

I can see why you're worried about the American prosperity gospel type of church but I don't think they are widespread in the UK. I don't know of any.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You are wrong about churches and age groups. I personally know of several with hundreds of members. Membership of the CofE may be down, but there are many thriving free churches.

As you will know I was talking about the traditional churches of the UK as a comparison to the popularity of the RF.

Its part and parcel of a traditional sector of our communities dying out. Since 2009 average attendances at church have dropped by 25% (Anglican, Catholic, Presbyterian etc)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

I remember watching a comedy series called the Righteous Gemstones with John Goodman, very funny and tells you all you need to know about the mega-churches and Televangelists who have proliferated all over the States. And it's all tax free folks. How the f*** can people be so gullible. Had hoped the Brits were smarter but not so sure now.

The worst aspect of it is that these scumbags prey on the weakest and most vulnerable members of society who can least afford it and all in the name of religion. Another reason to be an atheist

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The latest on HRH Prince Andrews ongoing sex abuse case.

His lawyers have accused Virginia Giuffre of having false memories, of signing an agreement with Epstein that protects certain people from further litigation, and she was over the age of consent anyway when the abuse was meant to have taken place.

Hmmm, a bit of a confused defence?

Oh, the Grand Old Duke of York,
He told a massive lie,
He told it once,
He told it twice,
And he thought the case would die.

But, then it made him sweat,
A pizza he did get,
He hid away on his Mum’s Estates,
From a girl he never met.

:rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports