• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Tactical vote for me. I vote Green in any poll with proportional representation but for a General Election that's meaningless in Woking. The constituency has only ever returned Conservative MPs and that's unlikely to change this time around. However, it's also a remain constituency and our MP has consistently voted not just for Brexit but a bloody hard one at that. It will be interesting to see if this gives the LibDems traction locally. There's an outside chance of a change if the election is seen as a Brexit referendum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 13.40.25.png

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...ems-are-now-main-anti-brexit-party-britons-ey

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bollocks to Brexit, I'm voting Lib Dem.

I hate this Tory government but most of all I hate how the electorate settle for the same old shite, time after time.

Posh sods looking after their own, snouts in the trough, tax haven heaven. The broadcast media will be led by the right-wing hyperbole espoused The Sun / Daily Mail / Daily Express / Daily Telegraph.

Jo Swinson has a tall order but I hope she can inject some personality and some realism into this debate.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looking forward to this :)

Being on NSC through the early hours as the results start to to come in is one of the highlights of the UK system of Parliamentary democracy.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Never has the phrase "Turkey's voting for Christmas" been more appropriate than this December election.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Another vote for anyone but the Tories. You would have to be an idiot of epic proportions to have experienced what they have put this country through and believe their promises.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
3% of the BREXIT Party are anti-BREXIT ? ???

I would suggest someone finds the 3% of Brexit Party voters who believe they are anti-Brexit and the 4% of Lib Dem voters who think they are pro-Brexit and perform the concussion test.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I would suggest someone finds the 3% of Brexit Party voters who believe they are anti-Brexit and the 4% of Lib Dem voters who think they are pro-Brexit and perform the concussion test.

A lot of people, correctly, think that Brexit is not the most important problem we face and should not be the defining issue in a General Election. So the Lib Dem voters in question may just have a strong view in favour of all those other other clear policies advocated by the Lib Dems which differentiates them from Labour and the Tories. Oh. hang on...

While Anti-Brexit Brexit Party voters must just be unbelievably dim.
Of course some (not me obviously, I am a polite grown up) might be tempted to say 'that's just 'Brexit Party voters' isn't it'?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
As I tried to explain, if everyone though that there would be no change.

Now, maybe voting Liberal Democrat will not see them win this time, but if everyone who would like to vote Liberal Democrat actually did, then the gap may narrow and, next time, they may have a real chance.

That's why I don't believe any vote is wasted.

Totally agree, especially in this election. The political landscape will dramatically change IMHO, as this is a single issue election. I think the Cons/Brexit vote will split each other in two, Labour don't have a position so will lose votes other than their traditional hard left, and Lib Dems will hoover up the remainers making them equal to or ahead of Labour.

Hung parliament with potentially a Cons/Brexit coalition, in my worst nightmares..

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It could be interesting to see any pacts that come out in the coming weeks between Dems/SNP/Plaid/Green etc.. to not stand in any seats with small Conservative majorities to try and give the anti-brexit/pro-referendum parties a clear run.

Can't see Brexit/Tory or Lab/anyone forming any similar pacts.

However I don't see an election changing the landscape of parliament too much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BREAKING - confirmed MPs will be able to put forward amendments to the election bill - i.e. allowing 16 and 17 year olds the vote, EU nationals, etc.

Boris has threatened to take his ball away and pull the election bill if it is in any way altered. Let’s see if he proves himself to be a colossal thundercunt once again.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Another vote for anyone but the Tories. You would have to be an idiot of epic proportions to have experienced what they have put this country through and believe their promises.

Very much this. Being a public sector worker has seen wages frozen and funding majorly reduced making my job very difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BREAKING - confirmed MPs will be able to put forward amendments to the election bill - i.e. allowing 16 and 17 year olds the vote, EU nationals, etc.

Boris has threatened to take his ball away and pull the election bill if it is in any way altered. Let’s see if he proves himself to be a colossal thundercunt once again.
This! Johnson flailing and failing ... Election thread closed!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never has the electorate been more fluid or less tied to one political party and yet the main parties still rule out pacts like they're going to win a thumping majority.

It really is pathetic.

In a parallel universe Chuka Umunna would be defeating Johnson and leading a Progressive Alliance of Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Plaid and SNP towards a ground-breaking new dawn for British politics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here