Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans facing lengthy bans for racism

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Probably because the vast majority of people at football even back then went to watch and support their team. There was of course a very small section that thought it was about a macho stand off but thankfully they've long gone.
Your rewriting history did you ever go away with the Albion when every other Saturday 300 faithful would rock up in some Northern shitehole? To many stories to tell although it’s clear you weren’t there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And yet...those who have got back from their shift driving the Whitehawk 1 are now popping up on this thread, tut tutting at people objecting to other people smoking in the lavs at the Amex, and objecting to people reporting those skwarking racist bile.

I sit in W Upper. Nobody smokes in the lavs there. Nobody skwarks racism. Why not? Because we don't have many low life, selfish, back to the 70s, numpty wankers sitting in WU. They haven't got the bus fare.

Dear oh dear. There is only one solution to these degerates. Keep them out of West Upper and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0
Do they hand out check blankets on request or is there one on every seat in the WSU?

I

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do they hand out check blankets on request or is there one on every seat in the WSU?

I

One on every seat.

And a small Fabreze spray in case any smelly oiks have ventured up where they don't belong.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
56 people in Bradford may still have their lives, if someone hadn't thrown a cigarette end down in the stand.

It's not school, it's a crowded public venue which has safety rules for good reason.

Jeez, do you have to be such a holier than thou bore? The reason that stand went up the way it did was because of years of uncleared detritus being easily ignited by a discarded cigarette and easily enflaming an old wooden stand.

That kind of accumulation of rubbish is no longer allowed, and modern stadia are not built of wood (bar Forest Green soon). One smoker did not kill the Bradford 56, the era of laziness and poor investment did.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm baffled why some are managing to get confused between RACISM and "bad language".

Racism is totally unacceptable - anywhere at any time. It needs to be reported. It needs to be stamped out.

Bad language? It's a football match ffs. Get a grip.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bless that’s not fabreeze it’s angina spray silly :lolol:

An old biddy, puffing up the stairs to west upper before the Spuds game, gave me a rather quizzical look when I asked if she had acute angina.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Jeez, do you have to be such a holier than thou bore? The reason that stand went up the way it did was because of years of uncleared detritus being easily ignited by a discarded cigarette and easily enflaming an old wooden stand.

That kind of accumulation of rubbish is no longer allowed, and modern stadia are not built of wood (bar Forest Green soon). One smoker did not kill the Bradford 56, the era of laziness and poor investment did.

I can’t agree with you on this.

Yes the circumstances are completely different to Bradford, and the stadium material is completely different but we can’t be complacent about fire safety.

If a serious and fast spreading fire occurred on a match day the consequences would be grim. Especially if it were WSU or ESU. We wouldn’t be able to evacuate quickly enough.

Fire’s do still happen in modern buildings and they happen for different reasons.

I’d happily grass someone up for smoking in the bogs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes the circumstances are completely different to Bradford, and the stadium material is completely different but we can’t be complacent about fire safety.

If a serious and fast spreading fire occurred on a match day the consequences would be grim. Especially if it were WSU or ESU. We wouldn’t be able to evacuate quickly enough.

Fire’s do still happen in modern buildings and they happen for different reasons.

Ive already seen a fire at the Amex, in the north stand. One of the overhead lights burst into flames above block H dropping molten metal into the seats below. Fortunately it was at half time, so nobody was injured, but the stewards were useless, and took over ten minutes to respond.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

We seem to live in a world of ‘got to worry about something’. The people who are supporting the Extinction Rebellion attention seekers are probably parents of kids but will always drive them to school because there are too many risks and weirdos, ‘you see it on the news all the time don’t you’. Could the Amex burn down? Yes. Is it likely? No. Could I get cancer from passive smoking? About as likely as being eaten by a lion. But people worry about these things. Sigh...........

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ive already seen a fire at the Amex, in the north stand. One of the overhead lights burst into flames above block H dropping molten metal into the seats below. Fortunately it was at half time, so nobody was injured, but the stewards were useless, and took over ten minutes to respond.

Obviously fans smoke and that’s their right if they choose. Outside half time smoking areas work perfectly well at other grounds. Unfortunately it doesn’t make the club money so they would rather accommodate drinkers. Alcohol kills more people than smoking ever will a year let alone the social issues involved with alcohol. Of course I’m not saying everyone is an alcoholic just as smokers might never die of a smoking related disease, you just can’t condone one vice and not the other.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Could I get cancer from passive smoking? About as likely as being eaten by a lion.

16.3% increased risk of getting cancer by people who have never smoked and have been exposed to passive smoking compared to those who have never smoked and not been exposed to passive smoking ("With respect to overall cancer risk, odds ratio (OR) involving never smokers with significant exposure to secondhand smoke compared to never smokers without such exposure was 1.163 (95%CI 1.058–1.279)") https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6164459/

Oddly, I could find no cases of people being eaten by a lion in the wild in the UK.

Chances of getting cancer from passive smoking in the UK are infinitely greater than the chances of being eaten by a lion in the wild in the UK.

:thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Obviously fans smoke and that’s their right if they choose. Outside half time smoking areas work perfectly well at other grounds. Unfortunately it doesn’t make the club money so they would rather accommodate drinkers. Alcohol kills more people than smoking ever will a year let alone the social issues involved with alcohol. Of course I’m not saying everyone is an alcoholic just as smokers might never die of a smoking related disease, you just can’t condone one vice and not the other.

Can I just add, that if I saw a queue for the cubicles and there was some inside insisting they needed to sit down to drink their pint and everyone would have to wait for them to finish, I would happily go report this to a steward as well. Obviously as a grass, I would then have to keep a close eye on my adidas sports bag, in case anyone was tempted to empty the contents of their pencil sharpener in it, as retribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here