Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pizza Express customer punches a vegan

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Haven’t been confronted by these imbeciles at the supermarket before, I can understand his frustration some of these people are an absolute disgrace, they go around irritating people just trying to go about their every day lives, I’m a vegetarian have been for years and even I got a lecture in the middle of the super market for having a carton of milk in my basket.

Never right for a man to hit a woman (unless attacked) and the guy is clearly a muppet ‘children were scared’ I think we can categorically say him punching a woman in the face probably scared them more. Hopefully he’s prosecuted, would like to see a law come in to stop these protests though as they are becoming very common, especially here.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, and we eat pizza out regularly and every place we go - small independents - is considerably better than Pizza Express.

Fiorre di late in Worthing. fantastic. I've often sat there feeling smug with a calzone and a glass of wine watching peasants saunter past en route to ask italian which is nigh on next door.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If this lot invaded a restaurant I was in with friends/family. I would def get involved in removing them as I would expect other customers to do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fiorre di late in Worthing. fantastic. I've often sat there feeling smug with a calzone and a glass of wine watching peasants saunter past en route to ask italian which is nigh on next door.
Yep a top recommendation from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] that had me doing exactly the same.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's interesting how many people clearly have no problem with men punching women

Funny thing is, same with Mark Fields, when able to confront someone that they're clearly physically superior to, male or female, they're suddenly these big brave tough guys.

It was a pathetically cowardly punch from someone who was offering no physical threat whatsoever.

He is worried about the impact on the children in the restaurant - by punching someone in the face. Brilliant. What a moron. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron as well. Just to be clear.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's interesting how many people clearly have no problem with men punching women

He's look a wrong un...

Capture.JPG

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What an absolute moron. Your quintessential bully who'd shit his pants if someone near his size confronted him.

So what, protestors come in a restaurant. Let the restaurant deal with it, take the moment to teach your kids what protest is about and treat it as an educational experience.

Anyone scared of a megaphone and some placards, maybe stay at home and order pizza in, rather than run the risk of massively overreacting.

I don't mind Protesters either - These are they type of people who over the decades have changed the World to allow many of us the freedoms we and many others around the world now enjoy - BUT my question is ''Why Pizza Express'' ? - Surely an Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse would be more appropriate.

And I am not advocating they go to an Aberdeen Angus next. I am a total carnivore. I eat a lot of fruit but not many loads of vegetables as I don't like that many of them. Pizza Express to me don't seem to be the worst offenders to their beliefs.

Just a curious question.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pizza express is a very soft target. Used predominately by families with very young children, who would be very upset with this behaviour.

I would have thought miller and carter would be a better target or maybe one of the Argentina steak houses. If you are going to do it then do it properly. I wonder if this lot chose pizza express because they thought the chances of any grief greatly reduced as it’s more family centric.

The guy was out of order for punching the woman, however they were equally out of order for there behaviour.

If you want to be vegan, then fine but that’s your choice and not mine.

In the summer there was some graffiti on the pavement along brighton sea front which read “Veganism is a human right”, I wasn’t aware that it was illegal to be a vegan, nor that vegans are hunted down and persecuted for their beliefs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen this post - I thought exactly and posted the same

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we are to embrace feminism, why should we (to any extent greater than anyone punching anyone)?
If you are attacked first, then defend yourself. But to me it’s not about equality or feminism it’s absolutely immoral, cowardly and hideous to hit a woman the sort of men who would do this are the kind of men who would never pick on someone their own size in the same situation but they’ll happily smack a woman.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What an absolute moron. Your quintessential bully who'd shit his pants if someone near his size confronted him.

So what, protestors come in a restaurant. Let the restaurant deal with it, take the moment to teach your kids what protest is about and treat it as an educational experience.

Anyone scared of a megaphone and some placards, maybe stay at home and order pizza in, rather than run the risk of massively overreacting.

I don’t have a problem with the first two sentences but the last sentence is bollocks.

Very young children would be scared with the megaphones and the confrontational approach. Too imply otherwise is completely wrong. You are effectively saying that if children are likely to be scared by this sort of behaviour then they shouldn’t be taken to pizza express or any other restaurant selling meat based products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here