Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The longer he is given time on the pitch the higher his value goes up. We should stump up now in the January sales before a bigger club turns his head.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So the questions in my mind (oh how I would love to be examining the small print of a contract)

Do we have "first dibs"? I know it's been suggested that we have. But does the contract exclude another party coming in and offering club and player bigger money than we would offer.
If there is a right for us to to buy, is this at a pre-specified value? Clearly his value, has at least doubled in the last 6 months, so if we have got the exclusive option to buy at, say £10m, that would be brilliant. Even better if we can get it wrapped up in early Jan

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The reality is that we need a lot more moments like that from him. Sometimes our supply to him has not been great but thus far has looked best as an impact sub as opposed to a regular starter.

I think that Trossard needs more game time rather than impact sub time. I am wondering the same about Ali J too. They both look like confidence players to me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's playing so well this could actually turn messy.

As well as other clubs offering more transfer fee I can imagine there will be clubs who could offer mooy himself serious wages as well.

If Huddersfield don't play ball I can't see Brighton going to court, what would be the point, no one would want to hold a player against his will.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Slightly off topic but Zidane was over rated.

Back on topic, Mooy is a wonderful player for us, we’ve been crying out for a player like him for years. His ability on the ball and appreciation of space is 2nd to none. You can just always rely on him to make the right decision with the ball, that is a talent only truly gifted players who can see the game two/three moved ahead have.

I agree Mooy is a wonderful player for us but...

Zidane over rated? That sheds a whole lot of light on your views on Stephens. If you think Zidane is over rated what chance Dale?!

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Yep. Playing for us, he looks like a worldie.

Which begs the question - has he always been this good? Or perhaps the Potterball system gets the best out of him. Must admit I didn't watch much of Huddersfield.

Man City obviously saw his potential to sign him up in the first place.

Genuinely concerned that a top 6 team will find him useful this season given many of their struggles, and we'll lose out.

Pray that we agreed some sort of sign up clause in his contract!!

He’s already played for two clubs this season so won’t be able to play for a third. He’ll sign in January I’m fairly confident about that

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm starting to piss my misses off singing his song all morning

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's playing so well this could actually turn messy.

As well as other clubs offering more transfer fee I can imagine there will be clubs who could offer mooy himself serious wages as well.

If Huddersfield don't play ball I can't see Brighton going to court, what would be the point, no one would want to hold a player against his will.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I love it when one of our players has a few decent games they're off to Barcelona. Bang average. Championship at best.

Shhhhhhhhh!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree Mooy is a wonderful player for us but...

Zidane over rated? That sheds a whole lot of light on your views on Stephens. If you think Zidane is over rated what chance Dale?!

I will bet a lot of money I watched Zidane a lot more than you did then. Tell me what seasons he played well and dominated the leagues he played in?

I’m not alone in that opinion. A number of experts who watch and know a lot more about European football than anyone on here share that opinion.

He was clearly a very talented player but is not as good as is made out now. As I say, not in the same league as Maradonna, Messi, Ronaldo x 2, Henry, Iniesta, Xavi etc for overall contribution to the game.

And what has that got to do with Stephens? It’s all relative but if you want to go down that route, as proven by yesterday again, we are better without Stephens.

And re: my views, I will justify them by saying I played the game to a higher standard than probably most on here and am a football geek, coaching kids and mens teams, watching and studying the game all over Europe all the time. I’ve not met anybody who knows more about the game than I do. That’s not an arrogant boast, if I’d spent more time on my actual main career now rather than football, I’d probably be in a much better financial position and my wife a lot happier [emoji846]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And what has that got to do with Stephens? It’s all relative but if you want to go down that route, as proven by yesterday again, we are better without Stephens.

I’d be very uncomfortable without Stephens when we welcome five of the ‘Top Six’ to the Amex later in the season starting on Wednesday with Chelsea.

However, when we’re playing rot like Palace or Muff; Mooy, Bissouma & Pröpper (or Alzate) are clearly going to give us more of an attacking edge. They were all awesome yesterday.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Going to be interesting to see what Potter does now. Surely he must now continuee to play Mooy in central position. He never seems to want to leave Propper or Stephens out so maybe replace Gross.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Club needs to get him a fat-ish contract offer drawn up, and quick.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Garth he ate all the pies Crooks doesn’t shove him in his team of the week then his biased views since Chris Hughton left will be there for all to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here