Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Locadia left and I said "one down, one to go" this wasn't the one I was expecting.

Still, with this slash and burn policy, there's still hope for Ali J. Hope he leaves I mean...

Ali might be the only one left.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I have a feeling we shipped out Ahannach quickly to USG because of this...

To sing a free agent we have to have less than 25 senior players on the books. Now it could be that technically Crofts is registered as 1 ( wouldn't surprise me ), so a quick loan out of Ahannach was required so we could bring in a free agent striker ?

Erm no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Utterly stunned by this if it happens. I thought losing Locadia was risky enough but this leaves us unbelievably short up front. Let's says Maupay gets injured for the season next match - surely we aren't going to rely on Connolly and Murray for the rest of the season? Unless there's a plan we don't know about this seems utter madness and would surely make us relegation certainties. It's not like we are scoring for fun as it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trust the club FFS. I mean, FFS!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a feeling we shipped out Ahannach quickly to USG because of this...

To sing a free agent we have to have less than 25 senior players on the books. Now it could be that technically Crofts is registered as 1 ( wouldn't surprise me ), so a quick loan out of Ahannach was required so we could bring in a free agent striker ?

But wouldn't any free agent just take Andone's spot?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Extremely risky move. I can't think how the club can pull it off with 3 strikers, 2 of them without PL experience...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Utterly stunned by this if it happens. I thought losing Locadia was risky enough but this leaves us unbelievably short up front. Let's says Maupay gets injured for the season next match - surely we aren't going to rely on Connolly and Murray for the rest of the season? Unless there's a plan we don't know about this seems utter madness and would surely make us relegation certainties. It's not like we are scoring for fun as it is.
Yes. We now have a massive liability on a maupay injury.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Im confused. ??? Can we sign a free agent still or not?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very odd move, for reasons already stated throughout this thread.

Murray, Connolly and Maupay as our strike force? With no disrespect to any of the three, that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But wouldn't any free agent just take Andone's spot?
No, if ( as I suspect ) Crofts counts as a senior player on the books, then he would have to take Andone's squad place rather than a new free agent.

Ship out Ahannach quickly ( to USG ) and there is a 2nd free space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here