Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And what exactly has changed apart from Glenn Murray is two years slower

Yes, Murray two years ago was a veritable Usain Bolt :lolol:

What’s actually changed is we’ve signed Maupay, binned off the useless Locadia and promoted last season’s Premier League 2 player of the season. Do keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What’s actually changed is we’ve signed Maupay, binned off the useless Locadia and promoted last season’s Premier League 2 player of the season. Do keep up.

If we're binning off Locadia and Andone, they needed replacing IMO. Their replacements are a second division striker, and an U23. It MIGHT work, but I'm a bit damp.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If we're binning off Locadia and Andone, they needed replacing IMO. Their replacements are a second division striker, and an U23. It MIGHT work, but I'm a bit damp.

In numerical terms they’ve been replaced but I’ve always agreed with you that this is a risk.

However, the point I was answering didn’t talk about that. LI wanted to know what had changed. I’ve told him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We were desperate for a striker and he was available on the cheap due to his relegation release clause
We wanted him a year earlier when he wasn't on the cheap

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Doesn’t make a huge difference when he was slow as a snail to begin with, don’t think speed really matters to Glenn
It does. He's still regularly in a race to the ball. The slower he gets, the harder it is to win the race, the more likely he is to start in an offside position.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Amazed some of our fans can’t see this........

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
PL2 player of the year and championship player of the year. Against two players who have not made the level. We wont know if it will work but thats the same with any player coming in because we wont be signing Harry Kane.

Doesn’t make a huge difference when he was slow as a snail to begin with, don’t think speed really matters to Glenn

The speed I was referring to was in his feet, not in his legs. There has been a noticeable decline in his ability to shield/protect the ball since our first season in the Prem. It’s a shame but that loss of a little bit of trickery means the ball doesn’t stick with him as effectively as it did

Why, as a middle aged man, do you continually post like a teenager? It’s a little sad and needy

We wanted him a year earlier when he wasn't on the cheap

That’s a very good point, we had a bit of luck in getting him at a knock down price.

I get that Andone was desperate for starts but we could have promised him a move in a few months once we did more business, it all smacks of very strange timing

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazed some of our fans can’t see this........

Because some suddenly see Locadia and Andone as very effective PL strikers, ignoring the glaring inadequacies of the former and erratic form / poor discipline and temperament of the latter. There’s very little evidence that they are effective at this level, certainly on a consistent basis.

PL2 player of the year and championship player of the year. Against two players who have not made the level. We wont know if it will work but thats the same with any player coming in because we wont be signing Harry Kane.

Kane is not the bar though right - we just needed more players for Potter of the level of Trossard and Maupay. As it is, Potter now has reduced options both from start and to change the game from the bench. Staying up this year might come down to fine margins and Potter should be given a bigger chance than this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a very good point, we had a bit of luck in getting him at a knock down price.

I get that Andone was desperate for starts but we could have promised him a move in a few months once we did more business, it all smacks of very strange timing

His act of violence, not his first, meant that he misses 3.67 vital games. He got his start, then let the club and fans down. Not quite right in the head.

Why, when you get owned, do you play the man and not the ball?

Owned is a phrase for the youth, playing the ball etc is a cliche for guys our age, can you not synch your online personas a bit better? Actually, even better could you just try disagreeing without being a massive dick about it, it’s just wearing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Owned is a phrase for the youth, playing the ball etc is a cliche for guys our age, can you not synch your online personas a bit better? Actually, even better could you just try disagreeing without being a massive dick about it, it’s just wearing

More ad hominem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here