Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Saunders sent down

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BREAKING | Former Liverpool* striker and current TalkSPORT presenter Dean Saunders, 55, has been jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates' Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a
roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis.

* And Aston Villa, Benfica, Bradford City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Cardiff City, Derby County, Galatasaray, Nottingham Forest, Oxford United, Sheffield United and Swansea City

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He can regale his inmates with his hilarious, if suspect, story of when Brian Clough tried to sign him. Seems they had one thing in common, a love of a drink.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates' Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis.
I wonder if he was also asked for a blood sample, and refused, as I'm surprised you can be jailed for not giving a breath sample.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Away at West Brom after dodging flying bottles on route to the ground, Dean Saunders sprang the offside trap only to make a real mess of one of the easiest chances in football to score. We went on to lose as normal that season.

Have a think about that Dean during your 10 week holiday.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bloody idiot.Perhaps he tripped the policeman?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He can regale his inmates with his hilarious, if suspect, story of when Brian Clough tried to sign him. Seems they had one thing in common, a love of a drink.

I lost a lot of respect for him over that 'anecdote', which turned out to be bollocks. He'd been dining out on regaling it on the radio and at after-dinner speeches for years. It was obvious to everyone towards the end that Clough had a massive problem, but Saunders posthumously painted him as an absolute clown. That must've been painful for his wife and family.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He stated in court that he couldn't blow into the bag because of his asthma, but didn't say that at the time of his arrest.

I quite like him on Talksport, but I wonder if they will have him back on straight away, as it will be in the run up to Christmas and no doubt they will be running the normal drink drive campaign ads?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Always liked Saunders when he played for us. I seem to remember him “winning” a penalty (dive) for Oxford right in front of the away end at the Manor Ground, lost my respect for him then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder if he was also asked for a blood sample, and refused, as I'm surprised you can be jailed for not giving a breath sample.

It carries the same penalty, because people used all sorts of excuses, such as asthma to get out of drink driving charges. Blood samples and urine samples can be used.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It carries the same penalty, because people used all sorts of excuses, such as asthma to get out of drink driving charges. Blood samples and urine samples can be used.
Yes, so I assume you could fail to give a breath test, and offer a blood test instead (or urine), and if you did that you wouldn't expect to go to prison.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, so I assume you could fail to give a breath test, and offer a blood test instead (or urine), and if you did that you wouldn't expect to go to prison.

Yes, because that wouldn't be failing to give a sample. If you were innocent, you would do that, wouldn't you?
[MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION] will be able to elucidate more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Big blow for TalkSport, he is one of their most popular presenters and pundits with his cutting edge analysis and witty anecdotes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here