Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did we buy Adam Webster?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because Potter plays 3 centre backs, what happens if one of them gets a long term injury or suspensions ect? Don’t think anyone envisaged Burn being as good as he has been either.

I reckon we'll be needing 4 or 5 at the back soon, so I think he'll come in handy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Webster and March as our right-sided defence set up, might stop the goals being conceded always down our right.

Would like to see that given a chance.

I think Montoya has been superb so far much like Burn. I would not be looking to change either currently.
They will all get better at it too. Its still very early days.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Here's hoping you are infertile
I have 4 kids thanks.

What an absolute bell end hoping someone is infertile because of an internet forum.

Can't believe you actually posted that from on your high horse.

Go start another pointless thread, there's a good boy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I love the way Shane Duffy is now coming in for flak even though he has been excellent throughout our first 2 seasons in the Premier League. Always needs to be someone to criticise.

I assume Webster was signed because he’s regarded as a fantastic option who will be worth more than we paid for him long term. Makes sense too to have him ready as either of Dunk or Duffy would command that fee or more should anybody come in for them. And with 3 centre-backs, he’ll get his chance soon enough. Whoever makes way will be unfortunate and have every chance of regaining their spot if defensive form dips.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Correct answer. Confirmed by a mate of mine too.

Bristol’s player of the season, sought after by other clubs, I think you and your mate should have contacted the club, and would have saved us wasting our money on him.

If you are going to make that kind of accusation give him a few games before doing so. I am going to stick my neck out and say that you are both going to be proved wrong.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bristol’s player of the season, sought after by other clubs, I think you and your mate should have contacted the club, and would have saved us wasting our money on him.

If you are going to make that kind of accusation give him a few games before doing so. I am going to stick my neck out and say that you are both going to be proved wrong.
:ffsparr:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I love the way Shane Duffy is now coming in for flak even though he has been excellent throughout our first 2 seasons in the Premier League. Always needs to be someone to criticise.

I assume Webster was signed because he’s regarded as a fantastic option who will be worth more than we paid for him long term. Makes sense too to have him ready as either of Dunk or Duffy would command that fee or more should anybody come in for them. And with 3 centre-backs, he’ll get his chance soon enough. Whoever makes way will be unfortunate and have every chance of regaining their spot if defensive form dips.

Ridiculous isn’t it two games into the season and he is now surplus to requirements. Knee jerk does not even cover it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t even think Duffy has played badly, we dominated West Ham and somehow missed a plethora of chances, we then had a man sent off after 30 minutes and looked quite comfortable defensively and for the majority of the game I would say we were at least equal game balance wise even with 10, don’t really understand where the criticism of him is even coming from tbh. He’s made a few stray passes that I can recall but that’s about it.

Some of our fans are very strange.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Burn wasn't given a chance and didn't fit into CH system last year. He was very much just back up. Burn has been outstanding and on current form is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Webster is highly rated and will get his chance. It will be interesting to see a lot of fringe players tonight!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmmmm.....has he just gifted Rovers a goal? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw some good things from him today. We stuck to our game plan but we were outclassed and nobody had a great game imo. Ryan didn’t save anything, all the forwards fluffed their opportunities, the full backs got found out as did the CBs

Strangely though I enjoyed the game, an Albion team going toe to toe with City away from home, who’d have thunk it. We’d have lost however we set up.

Good things coming when we play non top six teams I think

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t see the game. What did they do wrong, any errors?

Nope, they just couldn’t cope with the speed of thought, skill and movement they floundered at times

My only complaint was that we didn’t take our chances and March’s decision making when attacking is shit

For me it was quite an uplifting 0-4 but then I hated the way we played last year so I am easily pleased. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here