Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Joffra Archer Included in the 14 man Ashes Test Squad

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just checked out Jofra is doing for Sussex seconds v Glos. This is supposedly a run out to check his fitness for the second test.
Well.......he has done rather well so far....he took 6-27 from 12 overs as Glos were bowled out for 79 and he was 55 not out with the bat coming in at 6!
Looking good!

Pretty impressive. But let's not get carried away: an inspection of the scorecard will almost certainly reveal that Steve Smith wasn't lining up for Glos 2nds...………………..

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Leach for Ali is the correct choice, like Moeen but the guy has lost the plot mentally and needs to be taken out the firings line.

Be surprised if Curran gets in the team really would be an extra bowling option but Bairstow won’t be dropped and I think dropping Buttler would be a bad choice, i’d drop Denly and move Stokes up myself, he doesn’t just throw away his wicket and has good technique.

Burns
Roy
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Curran
Woakes
Archer
Broad
Leach

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No it's not, I wouldn't want show pony Broad anywhere near, only shows up when everything suits (i.e. home ground & cloudy skies).

Broad finished England’s highest wicket taker of the series 23 @ 26.65

Lead the attack fantastically throughout. Top player and one of our greatest ever cricketers.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Now been awarded a Central contract in both test and limited overs cricket, he will remember 2019 for a very long time, well deserved.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Broad finished England’s highest wicket taker of the series 23 @ 26.65

Lead the attack fantastically throughout. Top player and one of our greatest ever cricketers.

Amazing how people look at things, it's as if he's not taking 5 wickets in a 10 over spell, he's not playing well or something. Not only did he get 23 wickets, 20 of them were Australia's batsmen in positions 1 to 7. He got arguably their 2nd best batsmen Warner on what was it, 7 occasions? Only Cummins got more wickets.

I thought he had a good series, led the England attack well, and at 33 years old, stands a good chance of still leading the line in Australia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here