Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It’s too hot to work

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm wfh today - indoors at the front of the house (north facing) with a fan on high - all windows and doors open with the south side curtains closed - it's not bad, but I've already drunk 6 pints of water, so I keep needing to pee like a horse.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
37 degrees in my office - far too hot. Fan is just blowing heat onto me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It really is. Just been into town (work in North Greenwich but had a meeting near Tower Bridge) and the tubes are very hot. One of my colleagues didn't make it to teh meeting as he collapsed at Canada Water. He had to be helped out of the tube, and sat down before he came round. Off in an ambulance to hospital.

It is brutal out there, and now back in my non air-conditioned office, I'm seriously wondering how long before we just have to send people home. Not as if anyone is being productive in this weather.

Time to introduce a legally binding maximum workplace temperature shirley?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
In a factory in Burgess Hill.

Asbestos roof lining, corrugated roof with roof lights all the way down the length.

I'm currently cutting 6mm thick steel with a laser.

The machines are boiling, the actual metal is boiling. The chillers on the machine are belting out hot air.

I have officially melted.

Unsure whether to stop at the pub on the way home to drink a barrel of cider or just stop at the shop, buy some cans and jump in Ms Spongys paddling pool.

Just finished my 6th litre of water and only had one dribble of a piss.

FB_IMG_1563896720544.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190725-134138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-134138_Gallery.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 290

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No it really is. I’m decorating outside in an area that gets the sun all day. Packing up now because I can’t just put a fan on or adjust the air conditioning. .. when do others say enough is enough ?

When it's -4 with a wind chill factor of -10 and freezing rain, that's when enough is enough, and only then.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Asbestos roof lining, corrugated roof with roof lights all the way down the length.

The machines are boiling, the actual metal is boiling. The chillers on the machine are belting out hot air.

Unsure whether to stop at the pub on the way home to drink a barrel of cider or just stop at the shop, buy some cans and jump in Ms Spongys paddling pool.

Now that IS hot.

giphy.gif

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had a meeting in central London today with about 12 attendees.

I was the only one in the room as everyone else decided to stay at home and a conference call was hastily arranged.

The presentations were hopeless without a screen, but otherwise worked so well the future meetings will probably be done with everyone remote.

It was lucky nobody else turned up as I generated enough heat in the non air conditioned room to make it distinctly uncomfortable.

Having said that, the bus is considerably hotter and I can’t wait to get to the train station. Just hope there’s still some trains running.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

View attachment 113379

That's got to be an H&S issue.........the heat I mean, not you dribbling piss

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Pray for those of us who work in kitchens. Luckily I'm not working today but yesterday temperatures peaked at a cool 115 Fahrenheit.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Time to introduce a legally binding maximum workplace temperature shirley?

No, because how would you deal with the glassmaking or steelmaking industries for two examples?

Boringly it needs to be measured/assessed by a competent person and suitable controls implemented such as PPE and appropriate Work/Rest regimes.

Yes, this is my line of work (amongst others)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just started blatchington mill schools summer maintenance, melting in the toilets [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, because how would you deal with the glassmaking or steelmaking industries for two examples?

Boringly it needs to be measured/assessed by a competent person and suitable controls implemented such as PPE and appropriate Work/Rest regimes.

Yes, this is my line of work (amongst others)

So no other country in the world has any such measures?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No it really is. I’m decorating outside in an area that gets the sun all day. Packing up now because I can’t just put a fan on or adjust the air conditioning. .. when do others say enough is enough ?

An afternoon with Greg Grundy beckons.........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Self employed garden and grounds maintenance..decent breeze on the coast today ..but there have been a couple of days recently where it got to me ..but then I always remind myself of those dull days in November when I wish for a bit of sun ..keep hydrated and pace yourself...next weeks forecast is for ten degrees lower ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here