Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It’s too hot to work

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All bodes well for the Qatar World Cup :nono:

Pity the poor devils who have to build the infrastructure - many under unspeakable conditions - let alone play in it. Or even watch live.

The max there in December is 25oC and it's a dry heat not this humid nonsense.

Not that I'm defending the ridiculous decision to have it there.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
So no other country in the world has any such measures?

Given my experience as a part-time lecturer at Greenwich on their BSc/MSc courses and having interacted with loads of overseas students on the whole they don't. USA/Canada/Australia do but sadly the Oil & Gas Countries in the Middle East pay lip service at best. See also Qatar World Cup construction sites...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The max there in December is 25oC and it's a dry heat not this humid nonsense.

Not that I'm defending the ridiculous decision to have it there.

Aren't they playing the thing in EUROPEAN December tho? ??? Do Europeans get a month or two off to somehow acclamatise? I get it that it's not all about Europe, but even so...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Enjoying a cool air-conditioned office today. I minced up the road for a pint and was sweating cobs in the beer garden, was actually GLAD to get back to my desk this afty. Walking back into to a wall of cool air was a borderline erotic sensation.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
My builders have stopped bricklaying because the cement is going off too quickly to lay the bricks. Skivers.

My Lads have downed brushes and gone home ( i think to the pub). Fair play to them cause thats where im going ice and cider day.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Enjoying a cool air-conditioned office today. I minced up the road for a pint and was sweating cobs in the beer garden, was actually GLAD to get back to my desk this afty. Walking back into to a wall of cool air was a borderline erotic sensation.

Working from home (in the garden) today - I think the trouble with being in an air conditioned office all day is it's even harder to sleep at night. Fingers crossed for some storms later to cool it down a bit.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Air conditioned office for me as well, with a nice 9 mile ride home at half 4 to contend with. I had to walk down the yard earlier on, it's only half a mile from where I am to the shed and I was sweating buckets by the time I'd got back.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm sat in my office at home in Burgess Hill...........and yes, it is.
hot.jpg

Does everyone in Burgess Hill only have three fingers or is it just you?
It's a physical quirk you appear to share with the Simpsons. Perhaps Burgess Hill should be twinned with Springfield.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does everyone in Burgess Hill only have three fingers or is it just you?
It's a physical quirk you appear to share with the Simpsons. Perhaps Burgess Hill should be twinned with Springfield.

Oh no, the little finger permanently sticks out a little bit from all that drinking of tea from our best china :)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Finished an hour early but still worked all day in it. One gripe our company supply water on site ,it's the selfish:wanker: who take one out the fridge but don't replace them from stock. Anyhow 4 day weekend away .:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here