Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not forgetting Cummings, who has been previously found in contempt of the HoC and heavily involved with the Brexit Party.

How is installing so many extremists in his cabinet going to unite the country? It seems to me, he wants a fight. I’m sure he’ll get one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not forgetting Cummings, who has been previously found in contempt of the HoC and heavily involved with the Brexit Party.

Cummings should NEVER be allowed anywhere near government, unless he wants to sit as an MP. Nasty piece of work.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
How can it be possible for Boris to take the UK out of the EU on no deal on the 31st October 2019 but he said today we are leaving the EU no ifs no buts however the leavers do not have the numbers in parliament and he's not helping the numbers with as I type 17 ministers either walked or sacked I can't imagine many of them will vote for a Boris no deal, it's going to be either another referendum or general election, unless I am missing something how can Boris deliver Brexit by the 31st October 2019 come on please explain how

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How can it be possible for Boris to take the UK out of the EU on no deal on the 31st October 2019 but he said today we are leaving the EU no ifs no buts however the leavers do not have the numbers in parliament and he's not helping the numbers with as I type 17 ministers either walked or sacked I can't imagine many of them will vote for a Boris no deal, it's going to be either another referendum or general election, unless I am missing something how can Boris deliver Brexit by the 31st October 2019 come on please explain how

Has to be a General Election

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There's no way he's going to pass a deal through this parliament by purging all of the remainers which means we must be on for a general election. He will probably try to form a coalition with the Brexit party and try to get through no deal and/or a revised very basic deal.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I think it would be safe to assume at the outset that what Boris says and what Boris does will not always be the same thing.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Lots of divisions in the previous Cabinet, Boris looks like he is clearing almost EVERYONE out ! so much for Compromise and Negotiation !

with all of the permutations of thoughts and position then i would think it would be nigh on impossible for anyone to garner a cabinet that didn’t have divisions, brexit times or any other.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you’ll all be very pleasantly surprised how liberal a PM Boris will be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's no way he's going to pass a deal through this parliament by purging all of the remainers which means we must be on for a general election. He will probably try to form a coalition with the Brexit party and try to get through no deal and/or a revised very basic deal.

So you think a snap general election in August, with a tory/'Brexit' pact to ensure labour and liberals lose seats, then having parliament vote for a hard Brexit all in good time for October?

If he does that it means he will already have lied about negociating a new deal.

I agree with you, however, that without this there will be no Brexit.

Boris the liar either has a cunning plan of extreme Baldricky proportions, or he has no idea what he's doing. Hang on....that's the same thing, right? ??? :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m reminded that Theresa May made a VERY good first speech as PM.

It all turned out to be a complete and utter pack of lies, of course.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Chancellor of the Exchequer - Sajid Javid
Home Secretary - Priti Patel
Foreign Secretary (and First Secretary of State) - Dominic Raab
Defence Secretary - Ben Wallace
BrExit Secretary - Stephen Barclay
Cabinet Office as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, no deal coordinator - Michael Gove

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think you’ll all be very pleasantly surprised how liberal a PM Boris will be.

Yes installing Priti Patel who called for return of the death penalty, voted against same sex marriage, and threatened to use Irish food shortages in the event of no deal as leverage against the back stop, surely indicates that this will be the most liberal cabinet in years.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Liz Truss has been appointed Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You finally did it. You maniacs. God damn you. God damn you to hell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here