Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
At least we have all seen just how good Knockaert can be on his day, whereas with Trossard we have seen too little..[/QUOTE]

Trossard has 3 goals and 3 assists. Knocky had 5 goals in two seasons.
I think people should stop comparing the Knockaert of the Championship era to Trossard in the Premier League. It's an unfair comparison.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If he did that more than once in a blue moon, we'd have been stupid to move him on.

He didn't: we weren't.

Would like to see more from him like taking on a player and beating him and putting a cross over can’t remember the last time he did that and least knocky tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he did that more than once in a blue moon, we'd have been stupid to move him on.

He didn't: we weren't.
Not only that but the 99 failed attempts required to produce that one piece of glorious magic.

That'll be 99 misses of a positive pass.
99 returning the ball back to the opposition.
&
99 frustrations leading to an inevitable red card.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would like to see more from him like taking on a player and beating him and putting a cross over can’t remember the last time he did that and least knocky tried

But that's not how we play.

If it takes Ali J, of all players, to come on a change a game with decisive crossing then we know for a fact that isn't a high priority for the first 70 minutes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would like to see more from him like taking on a player and beating him and putting a cross over can’t remember the last time he did that and least knocky tried.

Not only that but the 99 failed attempts required to produce that one piece of glorious magic.

Exactly - Knocky tried .............. but very rarely succeeded, not even in getting crosses in, especially in the PL when up against players who were better than him. Good in The Championship (though not tearing up any trees this season).

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Exactly - Knocky tried .............. but very rarely succeeded, not even in getting crosses in, especially in the PL when up against players who were better than him. Good in The Championship (though not tearing up any trees this season).

Neither is trossard in the prem and knocky didn’t cost £14/15 mill either

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Neither is trossard in the prem and knocky didn’t cost £14/15 mill either

Playing in a team that is struggling a bit at a higher level, against top class opposition, and playing at a lower level for a team that's near the top of the division, and you think that's an equal comparison?

Wow..................

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The problem with Knocky (as Fulham have found) is that he's too one-dimensional - He won't swing a first time cross in, he'll feint, go to the outside..then cut in onto his left...oh shit, no angle, lets go on the outside...no wait back onto the left....in that time the defender has his positioning sorted and probably got a 2nd defender to help, making the job even harder.

Even his goal v Palace followed a similar theme - just on that one occasion he nailed it.

Sadly there's all the times he was closed down and ended up giving away possession and stood there looking upset as they broke upfield.

Championship Knockaert, in the seasons he spent with us there was the best we'll see of him - he was unplayable, but Trossard has given us arguably more in a much shorter space of time than Knockaert did in his spell in the PL with us.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Playing in a team that is struggling a bit at a higher level, against top class opposition, and playing at a lower level for a team that's near the top of the division, and you think that's an equal comparison?

Wow..................

No comparing his time with us in the prem

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No comparing his time with us in the prem

Which has now gone - and much of the time he wasn't that successful, and now he's older, not tearing up trees in a lower division but you think he can turn back time and play like he did three year years ago for us in the Championship? Bearing in mind that we're a division higher than that now..........

I'm out of here now - no point. Enjoy life through your Knocky-tinted glasses. The past was a wonderful place ............................

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Look, I love Knocky, always will. His contributions to promotion and staying in the Prem will stand the test of time, but his returns are diminishing and if you compare Trossard now with Knockaert now, Trossard is the only winner for a few reasons.

- Knocky is 28 and is declining. He's in a good Fulham side and has contributed less for them in the Champ than Trossard has for us at the bottom of the Prem. If he can't do it anymore with more space accorded him in a league lower, what makes people think he can do it for us in the Prem (a year older).

- Temperament is the other thing. It's no surprise Knockaert, Andone and Locadia were all shipped out given their tendency to be disruptive in the dressing room. Sure, Knockaert had a lot of issues but once Hughton went, I think so went the club's tolerance for him getting reds in critical games at critical times of the season.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Trossard has 3 goals and 3 assists. Knocky had 5 goals in two seasons.
I think people should stop comparing the Knockaert of the Championship era to Trossard in the Premier League. It's an unfair comparison.
Moreso, Knocky scored 5 goals and 7 assists in 4,256 PL minutes over those 2 seasons. Trossard has so far scored 3 and 4 assists in 1,271 PL minutes this season.

That's almost exactly twice the scoring and assist rate!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Will always remember Knockeart as one of the most exciting players to put on the stripes. I'm not going to belittle his talent or contributions to the club, however rather than ability, his temperament and that sending off at home to Bournemouth were probably the last straw. New manager in, it's pretty clear the club wanted a clear out of disruptive figures and those that possibly contributed to the dire end of season (it really cannot all be put at CH's door).

He's still looking the part in a Fulham side that could yet claim and automatic promotion spot. I wish him well.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think if Trossard gets close to what Knockaert achieved at Brighton in terms adulation from the vast majority of fans, he would have done very well - especially as it would have been at PL level, where Knockaert was in and out in terms of form and well-being.

However, I remain firmly of the belief that it was a mistake letting Knockaert go and I’ve seen nothing to make me change my mind. There are times when we are crying out for proper width.

I totally agree - Knockaert had his faults but his commitment was never in question. He would run for 90 minutes for his Managers. That's bourn out by his ''running stats'' - I have no idea what Trossard's running stats are but I would bet only about 80% of what Knockaert's were and are

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I totally agree - Knockaert had his faults but his commitment was never in question. He would run for 90 minutes for his Managers. That's bourn out by his ''running stats'' - I have no idea what Trossard's running stats are but I would bet only about 80% of what Knockaert's were and are

It's just a shame he found that so difficult to do with the ball at his feet, his head up and an eye for a team mate.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's just a shame he found that so difficult to do with the ball at his feet, his head up and an eye for a team mate.

In 10 years time I would bet Knockaert will still be a Legendary player at Albion - I just don't see that with Trossard but time will tell on that front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In 10 years time I would bet Knockaert will still be a Legendary player at Albion - I just don't see that with Trossard but time will tell on that front.

I don't dispute that in the slightest, he still will be with me.

Sadly though in 10 years time, the current mystique around AK with our rosy tinted memories and Youtube highlights reels will have turned into cold hard facts.
As opposed to the actual truth which should still be enough for anybody.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree, I thought after Trossard's first few games he could turn into the new Eden Hazard, (a tad over the top perhaps), but on his day, and when in the mood, he can be quite brilliant.

Unfortunately however, those days seem to be far too few in number.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here