Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we're desperate "yes", if not, "no".
A guy who has 16 goals in 42 games for England is considered a desperate signing now ... Okkkkk!

He also made 18 appearances last season for Watford meaning he was available for half the games. Would take that now as a stop gap.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The only way we should consider him would be on a low salary with a pay as you play bonus scheme

A bit like Andy Carroll at Newcastle, it’s amazing how available for selection he’s been recently

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A guy who has 16 goals in 42 games for England is considered a desperate signing now ... Okkkkk!

He also made 18 appearances last season for Watford meaning he was available for half the games. Would take that now as a stop gap.

and scored 2 goals which, if extrapolated, would mean 4 goals in 36 games. I repeat, we would need to be desperate.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
and scored 2 goals which, if extrapolated, would mean 4 goals in 36 games. I repeat, we would need to be desperate.
It's not just about goals tho. This guy is powerful , fast and can hold the ball up he would compliment maupay and Connolly. I think you're being short sighted.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Forgetting the fact it’s another sick note... it’s such a short term solution? Very backwards and not forward thinking at all.

Still unconvinced and a hard no from me.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Danny Welbeck, should we? . . .

You’d take him just because he made 18 appearances for Watford last season?

So it’s just appearances? Well we can get anyone with that criteria surely!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
After his time at Utd, he’s utterly failed to build on his initial promise... injuries have played a part, but ability too has to be questioned...

He’s doubtless (still) very well paid and as a striker he’s not that great (anymore) at what he’s paid to do. Ultimately he ‘helped’ play a part in a terrible season for Watford... he’s not that great, let’s be brutally honest, just an ageing nearly man with some big clubs on his cv.

For me, file under: please God NO.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It's not just about goals tho. This guy is powerful , fast and can hold the ball up he would compliment maupay and Connolly. I think you're being short sighted.

We could have him and Izquierdo on a job share!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wellbeck being let go for free by Watford .... Come on Tony you know it makes sense

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He'll go to Turkey or something I reckon.

Daniel Sturridge also a free agent at the moment

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he can affect the club and dressing room like Lallana, if he is 100% fit, if his wage demands are resonable and if we can find him.

Maybe we should hire the Well-Beck?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has only scored 46 goals in his entire club career (12 years). Total waste of space.

We’re getting to that stage where options are very very limited. We are a little desperate.

If we want back-up for Connolly & Maupay getting injured or suspended, I’d prefer Wellbeck getting the nod ahead of Zeqiri (who has only been tested against teams on the same level as Crawley Town).

If you don’t think we need back-up, fair enough. That seems to be the club line.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We’re getting to that stage where options are very very limited. We are a little desperate.

If we want back-up for Connolly & Maupay getting injured or suspended, I’d prefer Wellbeck getting the nod ahead of Zeqiri (who has only been tested against teams on the same level as Crawley Town).

If you don’t think we need back-up, fair enough. That seems to be the club line.

We absolutely do need back up in my opinion, but not him as he seems to offer nothing. I’d rather play Ali J up front.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
We absolutely do need back up in my opinion, but not him as he seems to offer nothing. I’d rather play Ali J up front.

Ali G would be a better bet than this man. ....did he find a club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here