Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Excluding U21, it looks like this will be the 25 if we make no more signings...

Suttner? Izquierdo is out til Christmas so if Suttner stays and we make no more signings then it makes sense to give Izzy's place to someone who is fit enough to play.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
So no real strengthening from last season also Izqueirdo and Scholloto with long term Injuries

Bruno and Knockaert out, Trossard and Clarke in. Schelotto, Suttner and Hemed back from loans (for now), and several U23 players likely to be involved with the first team.

On paper I'd say that's a small progression, on the pitch I'd say it's larger. Locadia looks much better suited to this system, the forwards and wing backs worked well together at Birmingham, the way Burn went from a left sided centre back to left back was interesting and worked well for March.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bruno and Knockaert out, Trossard and Clarke in. Schelotto, Suttner and Hemed back from loans (for now), and several U23 players likely to be involved with the first team.

On paper I'd say that's a small progression, on the pitch I'd say it's larger. Locadia looks much better suited to this system, the forwards and wing backs worked well together at Birmingham, the way Burn went from a left sided centre back to left back was interesting and worked well for March.

Don’t think Hemed or Suttner will be involved......loaned out. If we’re playing 3 CBs I could see Schelotto fitting in though.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

We were playing Birmingham, a team that looks like Championship relegation candidates, we won't meet many teams if any that weak in the Premiership I really fear for us if we are settling with this current squad

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We were playing Birmingham, a team that looks like Championship relegation candidates, we won't meet many teams if any that weak in the Premiership I really fear for us if we are settling with this current squad

Is there any reporting or evidence at all that suggests we are settling with the current squad ? Anything ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Suttner? Izquierdo is out til Christmas so if Suttner stays and we make no more signings then it makes sense to give Izzy's place to someone who is fit enough to play.

There’s afaik, no reporting at all as to Izquierdo return. He might well be out til xmas but interested in anything that confirms that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There’s afaik, no reporting at all as to Izquierdo return. He might well be out til xmas but interested in anything that confirms that.

Only thing official I'm aware of is this:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...ill-jose-izquierdo-be-rushed-back-for-albion/

Potter said of Izquierdo: "He is still in the early stages of his rehab at the moment, so I don't really want to put any timescale.

"You are looking towards sort of the first couple of months in the season"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Only thing official I'm aware of is this:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...ill-jose-izquierdo-be-rushed-back-for-albion/

Potter said of Izquierdo: "He is still in the early stages of his rehab at the moment, so I don't really want to put any timescale.

"You are looking towards sort of the first couple of months in the season"

Ta. Bit half empty for the OP to read that and conclude “Christmas” - but yep - recoveries have setbacks.
But it looks possible he could be training within weeks if that estimate is true.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Excluding U21, it looks like this will be the 25 if we make no more signings.

Keepers

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )

Full Backs/Wing Backs

4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. March ( HGP )
8. Baloguns
9. Schelotto

Centre Backs

10. Duffy ( HGP )
11. Burn ( HGP )
12. Clarke ( HGP )
13. Dunk ( HGP )

Centre Midfield

14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
17. Stephens ( HGP )

AMs/Wingers/Inside Forwards

18. Groß
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. Izqueirdo
21. Trossard
22. Locadia

Strikers

23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. Hemed

Obviously March, Baloguns & Groß can cover a few positions and we still have some real potential in the U23 squad that has not been loaned out (yet).

You've got to imagine that Schelotto will be swapped out for a March-esque converted winger/RWB, Balogun could stay or go (but if he went, I would hope for an extra striker), and Hemed will be replaced by a better Striker than those already here.

Apart from that, there isn't really much need for new players across the board. We know that we have some good players in the squad, and that the playing style was largely the issue towards the end of last season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No there isn't and I really hope we don't. We escaped by the skin of our teeth with nearly that same squad and I hope the management have learnt from that

Take it you didn’t see the game and how we are set up now . Same players but this is different .

4-4-1-1 then relegated . This system is dynamic and gives us a right chance

I’m a convert . You need to see us mate to understand how all cogs work for the wheel

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Take it you didn’t see the game and how we are set up now . Same players but this is different .

4-4-1-1 then relegated . This system is dynamic and gives us a right chance

I’m a convert . You need to see us mate to understand how all cogs work for the wheel

I watched the whole game and did enjoy the change of tactics, but this was Birmingham we played and many appear IMHO are getting a little over excited. If and when we get results like that against the Southampton's and the Burnley's I will be converted that a manager can make a real difference to a struggling squad
Believe me I want to be converted

Last edited:

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
I watched the whole game and did enjoy the change of tactics, but this was Birmingham we played and many appear IMHO are getting a little over excited. If and when we get results like that against the Southampton's and the Burnley's I will be converted that a manager can make a real difference to a struggling squad
Believe me I want to be converted

I get you need a little more convincing to conclude that Potter is the new messiah. Reckon I'm a little further down that road. We made Birmingham look ordinary. We played some very fluid, intricate football. The like rarely seen for some time. Our forward play looked menacing at times. Trossard's display was a tonic. The midfield linked play and looked technically and tactically proficient. We looked a well drilled PL side showing our class against a team from a lower division. For me that's really positive, especially given the tactical changes taking place.

I also enjoyed how the formation flexed as the game wore on. How each player looked comfortable moving the ball and wanting the ball as required. If a player made a mistake we mostly had cover. We still look very solid defensively and Birmingham are no mugs.

Valencia will be a much sterner test. We'll have had another week of training. If we can put in another positive display then I think we can allow ourselves to be optimistic.

:bhasign:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Excluding U21, it looks like this will be the 25 if we make no more signings.

Keepers

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )

Full Backs/Wing Backs

4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. March ( HGP )
8. Baloguns
9. Schelotto

Centre Backs

10. Duffy ( HGP )
11. Burn ( HGP )
12. Clarke ( HGP )
13. Dunk ( HGP )

Centre Midfield

14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
17. Stephens ( HGP )

AMs/Wingers/Inside Forwards

18. Groß
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. Izqueirdo
21. Trossard
22. Locadia

Strikers

23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. Hemed

Obviously March, Baloguns & Groß can cover a few positions and we still have some real potential in the U23 squad that has not been loaned out (yet).

I think that's about right. It may be that Potter thinks this squad can perform much better in his style than it did for CH. We don't seem to be in any rush to get anyone in and may be then only issues is 2 from the 3 LBs but won't be surprised if Potter prefers Suttner to Bong.

Still worry about the RB, SC and CM issues but seems no rush to offload either of the usual suspects.

Red Marauder

Feb 15, 2012
I understand Suttner is off to Dusseldorf. It's a shame, I don't think we've seen what he capable of. Bong is an incredible survivor though, he ups his game on every challenge he as face at Brighton.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there another Prem team outside the top 6 with a better set of CBs than Dunk, Duffy, Burn & Clarke? Genuine question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here