Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Samatta

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If he is off to Villa it's the first time I'll question our sanity under Potter and the recruitment staff currently in place. For 8.5 million quid we should be doing everything in our power to sign a strong, powerful and fast striker that already has a very good relationship with Trossard and produced over 20 goals with him. Amateur hour if we let that slip through our fingers, IMO.

Agree for that price. Can not believe we’re not interested? 30+ goals last season, and even if the Belgian league is a bit pony, hes still got 10 this season and scored 3 in CL inc 1 at Anfield. He’s captain at both Genk (Belgian champions) and for his country, which also says something about his leadership/character.........

Why spend only 8.5 mill when you can roll the dice for 2-3 x that much and instead get another useless dud based on YouTube vids and opta stats

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Agree for that price. Can not believe we’re not interested? 30+ goals last season, and even if the Belgian league is a bit pony, hes still got 10 this season and scored 3 in CL inc 1 at Anfield. He’s captain at both Genk (Belgian champions) and for his country, which also says something about his leadership/character.........

Why spend only 8.5 mill when you can roll the dice for 2-3 x that much and instead get another useless dud based on YouTube vids and opta stats

Who says we're not interested? We can't sign everyone we're interested in - not without breaking the bank

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I will be amazed if we bring anyone else in hopefully I am wrong and going by what potter said in his last press conference before today's that he was happy with the squad he has

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I will be amazed if we bring anyone else in hopefully I am wrong and going by what potter said in his last press conference before today's that he was happy with the squad he has

That really doesnt say a lot. If Potter wants something, he is going to talk with Bloom & Ashworth etc, not with the media. The wildest thing he would ever say to media in terms of transfers is "We're always looking to improve" or "We are happy with the squad but if the right players show up you never know". He would never go the Benitez/Dean Smith road and say "we desperately need to sign players for this and that position", nor the Mourinho route, "All my players are shit, I need more and better".

I'm absolutely sure that Potter & crew are looking at potential additions, but unlike a lot of other teams they wont sign players just for the sake of it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A tricky thing to get right but an £8.5m gamble would seem to be worth the risk bearing in mind he has been scoring regularly for 18-months and scored against Liverpool this season

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A tricky thing to get right but an £8.5m gamble would seem to be worth the risk bearing in mind he has been scoring regularly for 18-months and scored against Liverpool this season

TBF Dunk score against Liverpool this season - with a free kick

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloom has always said he won’t invest in players over a certain age so guess that rules him out.

Mooy just spat vegimite all over his screen.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So we may see him on Saturday - if he gets his permit by then.

Lets hope there are complications with the work permit and can't play.

Unless he has a Belgium passport now, he can only apply for the permit after he signs the contract and will have to leave and re-enter the country with it ( if his medical isn't done overseas ).

With international clearance, I doubt it will all be done by Saturday.

From BBC Website "The 27-year-old Tanzania international requires a work permit so he will not be available in time for Villa's visit to Brighton on Saturday."

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think we may have missed out here, a one in two scoring record and approaching his prime. If he adapts quickly to the premier it will be a steal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here