NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Start the car

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Win the toss two more times and we win the WC. Putting it out there now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning Everybody, today's game is another dead rubber BUT could be significant in the longer term.

Afghanistan vs West Indies at Headingly.

Windies are clearly not up for this tournament, I reckon the Afghans might well turn them over.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Nah.

200 off 27 overs with your three best batsmen gone? Game over.

Another one or two wickets will go down, and then there will be 20 overs of tedium, as NZ try to bat out the overs to avoid a run rate disaster

There was talk today (down here) on Radio Sport, about the number of games played where teams focus on boring negative tactics preserving Net Run Rate, without attempting to win the game.
Given Cricket's propensity for match fixing and corrupt spot betting, a suggestion was made that Net Run Rate should be the 3rd calculation for separating teams level on points. First it should be most wins followed by who won the head to head, then Net Run Rate.

This would mean Pakistan could of made the Semis ahead of NZ.

Jimmy Grimble

So could well be England v India at Edgbaston again. I wonder if there’ll be any difference in the crowd this time?

Pretty sure the semi final tickets go on sale pre-tournament when clearly everyone has no idea who will be there, or in which semi date/venue...

Either way the touts are having a field day, going for a minimum of £300 on Viagogo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So could well be England v India at Edgbaston again. I wonder if there’ll be any difference in the crowd this time?

Pretty sure the semi final tickets go on sale pre-tournament when clearly everyone has no idea who will be there, or in which semi date/venue...

Either way the touts are having a field day, going for a minimum of £300 on Viagogo.

I'm guessing 80% Indian for that game, because the India fans get up earlier in the morning.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

Yes, they sold tickets for the semis and the final alongside the regular matches, applications closed over a year ago. There will be returns on the official ticket site as people work out who is playing who. It's case of constantly refreshing, looking for availability.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Afghans 80-1 chasing 312 after 17 overs. They rather let the Windies get away over the last few overs, should be chasing 270-280.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

India v Pakistan. Cheapest resale tickets a few weeks before the game were £1200.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
FFS Afghanistan, you were well in it and lose two wickets in two balls.

Gayle reinventing himself as a gun fielder...

201-4 after 37, they should be chasing another 70 not 110.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning thread bounce

Pakistan vs Bangladesh at Lord's

Apparently Pakistan need 400 or so and then skittle the Banga's for 80 to qualify.

Utterly ridiculous odds, so it can't possibly happen...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think if Bangladesh bat first Pakistan cannot progress whatever, sure that was said on TMS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here