Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We should post a score of 300+ and with Archer, Wood, Stokes, Woakes, Plunkett all steaming in with their lives depending on it I still fancy us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it's a really slow pitch that New Zealand took 25 odd overs to figure out. Hopefully England having batted won't need that time, and we see lots of taking the pace off. I don't think this is a bad score.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
New Zealands highest score this tournament was 291/8 against the Windies.

Make of that what you will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's a really slow pitch that New Zealand took 25 odd overs to figure out. Hopefully England having batted won't need that time, and we see lots of taking the pace off. I don't think this is a bad score.

On reflection I think I agree..................couple of early wickets would be good though. Can't help recall the Gupthill innings I saw at Southampton a few years ago - he utterly destroyed us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
New Zealands highest score this tournament was 291/8 against the Windies.

Make of that what you will.

Well NZ were 3.5 on the exchanges before the game, and they're now around 4, so they are slightly less likely to win than they were before the coin was tossed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perfect start from Woakes :clap2:

Woakes to Nicholls, OUT, pinned on the pad-flap and the finger is up before the appeal is out! No messing from Woakes, or Umpire Ravi. He was back on the crease, hit him above the knee-roll on an off-stump line... might have been clipping, but golly!

HM Nicholls lbw b Woakes 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

2-1 (0.5 overs)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well NZ were 3.5 on the exchanges before the game, and they're now around 4, so they are slightly less likely to win than they were before the coin was tossed.

At the moment I'd file it under "unlikely but far from unviable".

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cracking catch from Buttler off of Jofra Archer :clap2:

Archer to Guptill, OUT, utterly sensational from Buttler! That was a fat glance down the leg side, taking a deflection off the glove, but Buttler's footwork was already on the march, a cartwheeling take, stretching fully to his left and clinging on in a single glove!

MJ Guptill c †Buttler b Archer 8 (16b 1x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

14-2 (5.2 overs)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Time for Taylor and Williamson to PILE on the runs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NZ struggling but need Williamson out to be certain

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England limped to 305-8 (50 overs)

111 from 20 overs with 9 wickets in hand... dismal. :nono:

Yet up until 2 weeks ago a score of 305 would have been the second highest international one-day total on this ground, just 2 runs off the record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here