Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I was vehemently Potter out in the November precovid. I felt that the lockdown break helped us somewhat in that it eased the pressure, especially as there was no fans. I didn't really change my mind until the second half of last season. Regardless, of the result tomorrow (I think we'll lose 3-0 and yes I'll be one of the first to slate the players) - I've done a complete 180, as a person, a human being. Potter is just so humble and comes across as really nice and empathetic. He doesn't get too high after a win or a good performance, and doesn't get beat up after a shit result.

I think he is the best coach that we will ever have. I heard Murray way on the radio talking about Bissouma the other night, sayint that we should just enjoy the fact that he is playing for us whilst he's here. I think the same can be said about Potter. He will end up at one of the Manchester clubs once Ole gets sacked or when Pep leaves City. Different sort of immediate pressure then, but if he's given time, he'll go on to be one of the best coaches in the world. He can also save these clubs hundreds of millions of pounds bringing through their youth players.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was vehemently Potter out in the November precovid. I felt that the lockdown break helped us somewhat in that it eased the pressure, especially as there was no fans. I didn't really change my mind until the second half of last season. Regardless, of the result tomorrow (I think we'll lose 3-0 and yes I'll be one of the first to slate the players) - I've done a complete 180, as a person, a human being. Potter is just so humble and comes across as really nice and empathetic. He doesn't get too high after a win or a good performance, and doesn't get beat up after a shit result.

I think he is the best coach that we will ever have. I heard Murray way on the radio talking about Bissouma the other night, sayint that we should just enjoy the fact that he is playing for us whilst he's here. I think the same can be said about Potter. He will end up at one of the Manchester clubs once Ole gets sacked or when Pep leaves City. Different sort of immediate pressure then, but if he's given time, he'll go on to be one of the best coaches in the world. He can also save these clubs hundreds of millions of pounds bringing through their youth players.

Are you bipolar or been :drink:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Would it be too much to ask for yourself and others to remember this when we go on a bad run in a few weeks time? As we absolutely 100% will at some point soon. Or will there be a large Potter Out brigade again because we’ve dared to lose a few games on the trot?

(I think I know the answer [emoji23])

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just read the nervousness thread.
I apologise as you seem to have issues so I take what I posted back.

I have an intermittent conversation with another poster about this sort of thing.....

Wild 180 degree swings in viewpoint based on superficial and swiftly made assessments is nature's way of saying 'you are not being considered and are just reacting with your id (brainstem), the part of your brain that seeks pleasure. You need to let the higher processing parts of your brain take over and provide you with a measured view'.

I say all that as someone who used to live on the edge, with wild impulses sometimes triggering catestrophic change, but I have sowly learned to generally (not always) wind my neck in, and not lose my shit over meaningless trivia like football and politics.

So how am I doing? ????

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have an intermittent conversation with another poster about this sort of thing.....

Wild 180 degree swings in viewpoint based on superficial and swiftly made assessments is nature's way of saying 'you are not being considered and are just reacting with your id (brainstem), the part of your brain that seeks pleasure. You need to let the higher processing parts of your brain take over and provide you with a measured view'.

I say all that as someone who used to live on the edge, with wild impulses sometimes triggering catestrophic change, but I have sowly learned to generally (not always) wind my neck in, and not lose my shit over meaningless trivia like football and politics.

So how am I doing? ????

:thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

So how am I doing? ????

Better than me! . . .If I get too involved in politics I just get ****ing angry, football I just find really frustrating sometimes. as you say, reel in and walk away . . .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]. The Bissouma section would’ve made this attaching ridiculously long.

963C1C21-FB8D-46AE-949A-74D53CC7A1A6.png
A348A919-6DD2-455A-9520-37E2E236780B.png
2D62F171-430D-4C6C-ACA3-2F54B66B95B1.png
1A7CF5BF-8E19-45B1-A4B6-4B5D1906BC48.png
B855D98D-66D9-4C6D-913D-61D5A2979571.png
236AE7FC-5771-4FDE-9A7E-12E8840B4138.png
61BEBC2F-9489-4B5A-8D3C-C13F008EE3A3.png
2AAF8267-DB30-485A-83AD-99D46427854C.png

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think we've got to accept that we'll probably lose Potter and Bissouma to a bigger club in the very near future.

I’d be gutted to lose Bissouma, but accept it as inevitable, and today showed we can cope. But losing Potter will be much harder. I still think he’ll be England manager after the Qatar WC, so reckon we have this season and next.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d be gutted to lose Bissouma, but accept it as inevitable, and today showed we can cope. But losing Potter will be much harder. I still think he’ll be England manager after the Qatar WC, so reckon we have this season and next.

My take is that Potter loves working full time with players, in their development.

In these early years in his managerial career, I think he’ll remain a club head coach.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My take is that Potter loves working full time with players, in their development.

In these early years in his managerial career, I think he’ll remain a club head coach.

This. I think with the lack of time as England coach, it would not suit him or his management style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here