Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we the poorest side to survive a PL season?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think i'll spend time comparing us to others, but i know next season i'll compare us to how we've been these last months and want our bravery laced with occasional fluidity and lustful gusto.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
No of course we're not! Did you see us seriously outclass Man U? & take six points of Palace! But for the FA Cup run we'd have 40 points and be pleasantly average.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Get on it NooBHA, you have plenty of posts to get your teeth into tonight :wink:

No - People are entitled to have their say . I'm actually still sober. But off out now

One thing I will say though is There is one poster who fills their boots every time there is a bad result they are right in there to have a pop at Chris It's almost like he or she wants Brighton to lose just so they can achieve their goal which is for Chris not to be at Brighton.

Today all Brighton fans should be celebrating staying in the PL but that person doesn't seem to even want to spout their negativity tonight. Maybe they are disappointed by todays result ?

I totally respect people's frustrations at the poor form recently, so let people have their say. It's their prerogative as fans. I obviously won't join in on it because I will always support my mates efforts and achievements; however, when I see someone seemingly looking for their club to lose for their own unexplainable agenda. It totally baffles me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There are people on here who’d be miserable about being pushed into a swimming pool full of tits.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Never in the bottom three all season.

FA Cup semi-finalists.

Spent about half the money than a side we are currently 9 points clear of.

I doubt we'd even make the bottom three of poorest sides to survive in the last 15 seasons.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Watched that with some Cardiff fans here in a pikey campsite in Exmouth, they were decent enough and expected to be chasing down Burnley or Southampton..
I was undercover keeping quiet until the wife walked in wearing. BHA fleece..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I know it's not over yet, and finishing safe with 2 games to spare is far less stressful than many seasons either in the PL for others, or for us in the past, but has there been a shitter team than us that has stayed up? We have been ****ing dire virtually all season, with only 2 memorable performances and one more away result of note. The rest has been anything between lucky and woeful.

No, of course not.
We had around 26 points from our first 21 games.
What a load of shit.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hard to disagree with the OP.

And sad that the predicted blinkered revisionism of 2019 from some quarters now we have fluked survival thanks to three truly dreadful sides has taken literally hours to kick in. You can only hope that the board and CH don't react in the same complacent fashion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On February 2nd we played Watford off the park.
The only thing stopping us from winning was an outstanding display from foster.

We have beaten Palace home and away with convincing, well organised defence and devastating finishing.
We have taken 4 points of Media darlings Wolves and West Ham.
Manchester City decided to play in the corner to protect their 1 -0 lead in the dying moments of the FA cup semi-final.
We are not a poor team.

We have had next to no luck in 2019 and results have gone against us.
The team's confidence has gone...
But we are still not a poor team.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As long we keep the defence together we will probably be ok. We are a good defensive team. We might be one of the most boring premier league teams ever though !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This - watching us has been painful on too many occasions and levels this season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We are an awful side to watch. Pretty much like Sunderland and villa the years building up to their relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Almost certainly yes.

Any other season we would have gone down.

We were very fortunate to have two stand out poor teams below us.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Of course we are not; one of those chances goes in against Watford and/or we take the lead against Burnley where batters them in the first ten minutes and this season looks very different.

Those things didn’t happen, we lost a couple of home games so the manager did what he needed to do and ground out a couple of painful to watch results to watch to get us over the line.

At Xmas people asked if we could achieve the best result ever by a Brighton side now we are the worst top flight team ever....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
One of the worst HALF seasons but we were far better than people seem to remember in the first half.

We are going to have to have a cracking summer though and start well again. Otherwise next season could turn very embarrasing

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
NO, it's obviously not the case we are the poorest side to survive a PL season.

Yes we have confidence issues, pace issues, quality issues (especially in midfield and up front), lack of heigth in our first choice goalkeeper (although I think he's a good keeper), lack of attacking intent during most of our games.

Oh wait...I might have to re-evaluate my original answer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No - People are entitled to have their say . I'm actually still sober. But off out now

One thing I will say though is There is one poster who fills their boots every time there is a bad result they are right in there to have a pop at Chris It's almost like he or she wants Brighton to lose just so they can achieve their goal which is for Chris not to be at Brighton.

Today all Brighton fans should be celebrating staying in the PL but that person doesn't seem to even want to spout their negativity tonight. Maybe they are disappointed by todays result ?

I totally respect people's frustrations at the poor form recently, so let people have their say. It's their prerogative as fans. I obviously won't join in on it because I will always support my mates efforts and achievements; however, when I see someone seemingly looking for their club to lose for their own unexplainable agenda. It totally baffles me.

The same names crop up time after time. I get the impression some fans are disappointed that we've stayed up so they can't demand Hughton's sacking. Their desire to be right overrides their support for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here