Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we the poorest side to survive a PL season?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
How about you start your own Brighton forum and stop treating the rest of us to your diatribe?

HWT has been on NSC for 7 years more than you, but you have made more posts ( with many of them being of a negative nature)! Perhaps you are the one who should give it a rest for a while.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I know it's not over yet, and finishing safe with 2 games to spare is far less stressful than many seasons either in the PL for others, or for us in the past, but has there been a shitter team than us that has stayed up? We have been ****ing dire virtually all season, with only 2 memorable performances and one more away result of note. The rest has been anything between lucky and woeful.

Utter bollox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Southampton have the same number of points as last season. - although to be fair they are home to Hudds in their last game.

You are in your element fighting your way through the Hughton detractors aren’t you Chailey, although I think I have noticed what I feel is just a small chink in your armour and a bit of fatigue lately :wink:

John Snow out there surrounded by White Walkers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
HWT has been on NSC for 7 years more than you, but you have made more posts ( with many of them being of a negative nature)! Perhaps you are the one who should give it a rest for a while.

Bless you, love a stat?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree really. Some people claiming others are miserable gits for simply questioning whether perhaps we have been rather lucky to survive this season. Facts are facts - our stats for the season are pretty dreadful and have lead to us being (in all likelihood) the team with 2nd fewest points (and probably fewest shots on goal etc??) ever to survive in the prem.

To be fair , agreeing, and posting at length and researching data to prove it , a thread called "are we the poorest side ever" , hours after a pretty enjoyable afternoon where we stayed up for the 2nd season in a row for the first time in a generation is pretty miserable stuff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How about you start your own Brighton forum and stop treating the rest of us to your diatribe?

Well I know who I’d rather listen to (apart from that weird music obviously :smile:)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
To be fair , agreeing, and posting at length and researching data to prove it , a thread called "are we the poorest side ever" , hours after a pretty enjoyable afternoon where we stayed up for the 2nd season in a row for the first time in a generation is pretty miserable stuff.

True, we're safe. Everyone needs to chill , have a break and worry about next season in a few months time !

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are demonstrably NOT the worst team to survive in the PL. And we still have 2 games to go. Other than that, the OP is spot on... FFS there are some ****wits on here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You are in your element fighting your way through the Hughton detractors aren’t you Chailey, although I think I have noticed what I feel is just a small chink in your armour and a bit of fatigue lately :wink:

Or Jon Snow out there surrounded by so many White People?

(Google it)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I'm about to head off to the Emirates for another doomed trip given that my current awayday record in the last 2 years is LDLLLDLLLLDLLLWLL . So no, I'm not completely immune to the idea that currently its not all a bed of roses :)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, true i suppose... :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why people think we should be doing better when we have a bottom three budget is beyond me.

We survived, some performances stank the Amex out but others were better. Two of our best performers from last season have been injured for practically the whole term and with a squad that’s modest it will have a significant impact upon results. Recruitment has been poor based on what we have seen to date but £15m doesn’t but much in the Premier League and even players costing 2-4 times as much have delivered little elsewhere (Morata, Fred, Drinkwater etc).

Victories over decent sides such as United, Wolves, Everton & West Ham suggest we’re not as shite as some wish to portray us, similarly a decent cup run too. Recent home performances have been gash.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To be fair, we have been shambolic in 2019. Utterly terrible. Never known a side to go hours without a shot on target before.

May be wrong but I doubt it's that uncommon in the Premier League. I wouldn't say we've been shambolic, bar the Bournemouth game, the second half at Fulham and the first half of Newcastle. We just haven't carried an attacking threat, which is not the same thing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why people think we should be doing better when we have a bottom three budget is beyond me.

We survived, some performances stank the Amex out but others were better. Two of our best performers from last season have been injured for practically the whole term and with a squad that’s modest it will have a significant impact upon results. Recruitment has been poor based on what we have seen to date but £15m doesn’t but much in the Premier League and even players costing 2-4 times as much have delivered little elsewhere (Morata, Fred, Drinkwater etc).

Victories over decent sides such as United, Wolves, Everton & West Ham suggest we’re not as shite as some wish to portray us, similarly a decent cup run too. Recent home performances have been gash.

I take it from that you are more than happy with how we have performed in the second half of this season. I think anyone that disagrees and pays their £600+ (plus pies, plus pints, travelling, etc.) to watch these displays have every right to a differing opinion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I take it from that you are more than happy with how we have performed in the second half of this season. I think anyone that disagrees and pays their £600+ (plus pies, plus pints, travelling, etc.) to watch these displays have every right to a differing opinion.

Where have I suggested that the second half of the season had been good?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here