Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Ex-mayor of Brighton calls for two lanes of seafront road to be turned into bike lanes

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Because if you live centrally, it’s the best route by far.

As usual a load of clueless dickheads spouting shit about something they know nothing about. There are only two realistic routes to get east to west in this town. One is the bypass the other is the seafront. Nobody in their right mind me included would choose to use the seafront in the summer months but unfortunately there are no other practical options. Some Prick will doubtless suggest some insane route but there isn't a practical alternative. It can take an hour and half now from the Lagoon to the Racecourse on a bad day but lets make that worse eh?

Watch Stat Brother or some other **** come up with some shit about how we should all ride bikes and wear Kaftans. The situation down there is crap for cyclists, drivers and pedestrians but its more to do with the lack of alternative options. Until someone comes up with a workable integrated transport plan for this town that isn't mired in dogma, PC and vote winning and instead is based up practicality and pragmatism.

Or we could de-invent the wheel and disappear up our collective PC Arses

D

Deleted member 2719

:)...

Attachments

• 614708_10151340375621067_1323669721_o.jpg
    614708_10151340375621067_1323669721_o.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 327

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As usual a load of clueless dickheads spouting shit about something they know nothing about. There are only two realistic routes to get east to west in this town. One is the bypass the other is the seafront. Nobody in their right mind me included would choose to use the seafront in the summer months but unfortunately there are no other practical options. Some Prick will doubtless suggest some insane route but there isn't a practical alternative. It can take an hour and half now from the Lagoon to the Racecourse on a bad day but lets make that worse eh?

Watch Stat Brother or some other **** come up with some shit about how we should all ride bikes and wear Kaftans. The situation down there is crap for cyclists, drivers and pedestrians but its more to do with the lack of alternative options. Until someone comes up with a workable integrated transport plan for this town that isn't mired in dogma, PC and vote winning and instead is based up practicality and pragmatism.

Don't panic, you'll still have your rat run, only it'll be two lanes instead of four, leaving a bit more space for those who actually want to enjoy the seafront.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't panic, you'll still have your rat run, only it'll be two lanes instead of four, leaving a bit more space for those who actually want to enjoy the seafront.

Do **** off loppy Bollox. No one is interested in your wind up shite

It won't happen and if it does hopefully I'll be plotted up outside your house revving up my diesel. Go back to your middle class shite and weave a poncho from ethically sourced guinea pigs or whatever up your own arse hobbies you have. How about something practical for a change? Perhaps they could use the i360 as a roundabout?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do **** off loppy Bollox. No one is interested in your wind up shite

It won't happen and if it does hopefully I'll be plotted up outside your house revving up my diesel. Go back to your middle class shite and weave a poncho from ethically sourced guinea pigs or whatever up your own arse hobbies you have. How about something practical for a change? Perhaps they could use the i360 as a roundabout?

You're on the wrong side of history matey. Your life as an angry entitled private motorist is only going to get progressively worse. Here and everywhere else. Oh well. :wave:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good luck with that

They’ve created more congestion in London and most cyclists (for whatever reason) don’t use the dedicated lanes they still use the traffic lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You're on the wrong side of history matey. Your life as a selfish private motorist is only going to get progressively worse. Here and everywhere else. Oh well. :wave:

You are right of course. The world will be saved by middle class hypocrites. Hooray

The world will or won't be saved by population control, but you know better. Now jog along your Yoga class will be starting soon...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is clearly an emotive subject for you, but if I were going from the Lagoon to the Race course, I'd go up through Hove, onto Preston Road, and up Elm Grove. Could be done in 20 minutes during even the worst of it.

There are very very few reasons why anyone would need to use that section of road, except for access to Saltdean and Peacehaven. Plenty of better alternatives.

Believe me I've tried every route imaginable. 20 mins is a pipedream. I've no objection at all to cycle lanes, I have an objection to people thinking they have the moral high ground over it. It's a mess for all road users...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or pavements when the cycle lane is right next to it. Just a waste of money

They always ride through red lights and don’t pay road tax either. And teachers get too many holidays whilst we’re at it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why do motorists even use that stretch of road? I avoid it like the plague.

People who live in Roedean, Ovingdean, Saltdean, Rottingdean, Peacehaven, who work in Hove to Shoreham, and vice versa. (The huge daily jams af Falmer and Woodingdean, mean people avoid other routes like the plague).

People shopping in Churchill Square or visit the town centre for other activities, from those parts of the world.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Good luck with that

They’ve created more congestion in London and most cyclists (for whatever reason) don’t use the dedicated lanes they still use the traffic lanes.

This is bollox most cyclists use the lanes and when they dont its because they are going to be turning off or they are a courier who are frankly nuts to do that job anyway.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The seafront road through Hove and Brighton is one of two arterial east/west, west/east routes. Sending EVERYTHING onto the A27 will create gridlock. Locals travelling from Shoreham to Peacehaven or vise versa will be happy wont they! Just so Brightonians can 'promenade', Dandy's

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
People who live in Roedean, Ovingdean, Saltdean, Rottingdean, Peacehaven, who work in Hove to Shoreham, and vice versa. (The huge daily jams af Falmer and Woodingdean, mean people avoid other routes like the plague).

People shopping in Churchill Square or visit the town centre for other activities, from those parts of the world.

There was a time when I would have always driven that route but now I would either cycle or take the bus for all of those.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Au contraire my little anger management seminar I'm am completely in agreement with you.

Plonking such a scheme into somewhere like Brighton seemingly based on the notion of 'I'm Good You're Bad' is a complete waste of everybody's time, money and is all but guaranteed doom to failure, just by moving the problem a few hundred yards down the road.

To, from and between major towns and cities the car should be king, along with with the railway.
Sadly both, and therefore every user have been hideously used and abused by every government who have milked every penny from them. Leaving us with an expensive, poorly maintained, transport network.

Sadly though where we will differ is transport within the large towns and cities.
At that point cars should be very much on the bottom rung, a long way behind pedestrians, bicycles, buses, monorails and waterslides.

The last thing people should be doing is driving straight through somewhere like Brighton, Wareham (look it up), or worst still driving a 5km journey IN somewhere like Brighton.

Manchester is currently spending 100's of millions on an integrated transport system with pretty much the sole purpose being to eliminate such journeys by car.

Clearly just taking 2 lanes out of the seafront road is madness, and sadly I'd be very surprised if the former mayor in question has thought beyond that.

But were it to happen as part of a massive overhaul of all traffic in the surrounding area, promoting the best solution for each area in question, it would be fantastic for Brighton, it's environment and probably more importantly it's economy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This is bollox most cyclists use the lanes and when they dont its because they are going to be turning off or they are a courier who are frankly nuts to do that job anyway.

I see it daily in London with my own eyes so no,it’s not bollocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here