Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazing scenes at MIGHTY Leeds

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did anyone get a bet on Villa for the next goal amongst all that?
Damn that's smart thinking. Or at least, it would be if you'd done it at the time.

EDIT - I see the market had closed - barstewards.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Leeds do go up (and I really hope they don't) then I hope so much a reverse situation happens against Burnley and Dyche refuses to give a goal back. There could be fisticuffs.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Where I think this was different from typical playing on scenarios, is that Leeds feigned to put the ball out and gained an advantage through ungentlemanly conduct, same as if you shouted 'my ball' to deceive opponents.

Fair enough, didn't realise this had happened. But Football can still adopt some good Rugby practices.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It was pathetic. Leeds were entitled to score. Play to the whistle. If it was Brighton scored I would be unhappy if we then let the opposition score. The villa player injured himself and was not a head injury. Pathetic and tin pot by villa.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
agree re bamford and el gharzi.........not with jansson. also the ref and lino can go and officiate in div 2 for a month.

I think Jansson is a club issue rather than being banned by EFL. Whether he thought he was right or not he ignored the instructions from his manager and made his club look really scummy. Should just be dropped and possibly fined internally without involving he league.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was pathetic. Leeds were entitled to score. Play to the whistle. If it was Brighton scored I would be unhappy if we then let the opposition score. The villa player injured himself and was not a head injury. Pathetic and tin pot by villa.

See below. I completely agree with you had that actually been the case. I wouldn't have been happy had Knockeart put his hand up to indicate he was kicking it out, only to deceive the opposition in order to gain an advantage. Had they just played on, then absolutely fine, but that didn't happen...

Where I think this was different from typical playing on scenarios, is that Leeds feigned to put the ball out and gained an advantage through ungentlemanly conduct, same as if you shouted 'my ball' to deceive opponents. The worse culprit was Tyler Roberts who actually put his hand up to acknowledge the injury, looked like he was stopping to put it out, but passed it down the line!

The referee may have been happy to play on, but by making it look like you're putting it out, then intentionally using that deception to your advantage, that is pretty low. Not sure there is an issue if Leeds had just played on.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Patrick Bamford getting a Villa player sent off acting like he had been hit in the face. Disgraceful

FA Response:
Anwar El Ghazi will be available for Aston Villa’s next three matches after a claim of wrongful dismissal was upheld by an Independent Regulatory Commission. The forward was sent off for violent conduct during the EFL Championship fixture against Leeds United on Sunday [28/04/2019].

Patrick Bamford has subsequently been charged with ‘successful deception of a match official’. It is alleged the Leeds United player’s behaviour in the 72nd minute of the fixture, which involved committing a clear act of simulation that led to Anwar El Ghazi being dismissed, amounts to improper conduct. The forward has until 18:00 on Wednesday [01/05/2019] to respond to the charge.* *

In addition, Leeds United and Aston Villa have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20. It is alleged they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 72nd minute of the fixture. Both clubs have until 18:00 on Friday [03/05/2019] to provide a response.*

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
FA Response:
Anwar El Ghazi will be available for Aston Villa’s next three matches after a claim of wrongful dismissal was upheld by an Independent Regulatory Commission. The forward was sent off for violent conduct during the EFL Championship fixture against Leeds United on Sunday [28/04/2019].

Patrick Bamford has subsequently been charged with ‘successful deception of a match official’. It is alleged the Leeds United player’s behaviour in the 72nd minute of the fixture, which involved committing a clear act of simulation that led to Anwar El Ghazi being dismissed, amounts to improper conduct. The forward has until 18:00 on Wednesday [01/05/2019] to respond to the charge.* *

In addition, Leeds United and Aston Villa have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20. It is alleged they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 72nd minute of the fixture. Both clubs have until 18:00 on Friday [03/05/2019] to provide a response.*

What action taken against the Linesman who “saw” the “assault” on Bamford? He should be suspended too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What action taken against the Linesman who “saw” the “assault” on Bamford? He should be suspended too.
Why? He didn't try to cheat, he was deceived.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Successful deception of a match official? How many times do we see that each Saturday night on MOTD.

Surely in this case Bamford had every right to go down? He was touched, albeit a hand brushed his chest and even if it hadn't he could've gone down anticipating contact?

Aren't those the accepted excuses for cheating we hear nowadays?

Just perfunctory FA involvement brought upon by a persistent media.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The bloke who was wrongly sent off scoring the winning goal in play off final against Leeds would be fine by me - though reckon Derby will beat Leeds and make the final

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I think Jansson is a club issue rather than being banned by EFL. Whether he thought he was right or not he ignored the instructions from his manager and made his club look really scummy. Should just be dropped and possibly fined internally without involving he league.

give over soft lad. if pontus really wanted (and i think he did but knows the wrath of bielsa) to stop them scoring he would have done so. Pontus was absolutely right and while bielsa plays the genltemn he knows that too

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
give over soft lad. if pontus really wanted (and i think he did but knows the wrath of bielsa) to stop them scoring he would have done so. Pontus was absolutely right and while bielsa plays the genltemn he knows that too

How on earth did you let Naarch and Shef Utd overtake you? I thought you were nailed on this year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How on earth did you let Naarch and Shef Utd overtake you? I thought you were nailed on this year.

Don't care i think it's hilarious. Hope they fook up in the PO's

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
great indication of where the game is at currently.....blatant cheating by Bamford , inept officiating from Atwell and lino ....incorrect red , McGinn should have gone and Hourihan and then Adomah for raising his hands to Janssen.....noble act by Bielsa to atone for questionable sportsmanship but Villa did exactly the same v Stoke previously with none of the brouhaha by stoke ........ pathetic scenes. any retrospective action re Bamford or rescinding El Ghazi's red ...?? 2 incidences of ineptitude by officials...??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FA Response:

Good. Getting it right for once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here