Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If I were Dan Ashworth, I'd confiscate Paul Winstanley's passport and tell him to start looking a bit closer to home - eg at Chelsea's academy. We haven't used the loan market nearly enough. And if I were TB, I'd be encouraging that.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I don't disagree, but interestingly around Christmas I and many others felt although we weren't playing scintilating football we were doing enough and any transfer activity in the summer would only need to be minimal.

Having capitulated to such a degree in the 2nd half of this season I would agree that wholesale changes are now needed (it's amazing how the outlook can change so relatively quickly) but do you have any faith in the recruitment department being able to attract and obtain the right players? Conversely will we be able to get rid of those supposedly 'big' signings and recapture any of our outlay on them - Locadia, Ali J, and Izzy being three that spring to mind.

On my Santa's wishlist would be : a new goal keeper (sorry but I just don't think Ryan does enough for me and doesn't command his area enough), a new right back to replace Bruno, 2 new central midfielders (at least 1 of who is attack minded), 1 winger to freshen up the wide areas, and 2 new forwards to ultimately replace Locadia and Murray.

From Christmas time when I thought we might only need possibly 3 players, I now feel that 6 or 7 will be required.

Far more interestingly you could have thought about a) affording this amount; b) sourcing them; c) making space from existing 25
(and not just saying ‘getting rid’, we may not be able to sell).

I am sure the shopping list is much less than this, and so it should be. Folk on here are giving up too easily on signings. Players take time to adjust, a new manager (I hope for one) might play a different style that suits them better.

theboybilly

Let’s hope so and let’s hope he knows what we need. He’s got a busy summer ahead if he does convincing a fair few to move on as well as identifying some talent to come in

I think Ashworth has been here for about a month in his official capacity but I would suggest that he hasn't been letting the grass grow beneath his feet and has been using his contacts to the Albion's benefit. There will be a fair few players on our radar. It has become increasingly obvious (to me at least) that Izzie, AJ and Andone are below the standard we require and should be sold off. Our defence is decent enough but we need players that will speed up our infuriatingly slow, dull and unimaginitive play. We are an awful side low on confidence and unable to keep possession or string three passes together. I can't honestly think of too many worse Premier League sides since 1992. I go to the vast majority of games and this season can't finish quickly enough and will no doubt fade from the memory because there is nothing but dullness to remember. I want the Albion to hand back the 'Stinking the Premier League out ' trophy back to it's rightful owners Crystal Palace. The football surely can't get any worse than this can it?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We could sing Liverpool’s front 3 and they wouldn’t see the first XI until they’ve learnt the defensive shape properly

It’s TB’s money , if he wants to finance this ongoing shit football that’s up to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Chap on the 25 going to the game was saying that he had inside information and that TB isnt as wealthy as most think and is definitely nowhere near being a Billionaire, so perhaps finance to buy better is a problem. I obviously do not know if this chap was ITK or just bull.......g

“Chap on the 25’ :lol:

The fact you had the audacity to even type it :lol::lol::lol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need 2 amazing players who are a step above our current very solid, average, uniform, boring squad. They could be in any position pretty much as long as they have pace and are an upgrade on day 1. That will cost wages though and there possibly lies the most important point.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd love to see us grab Ryan Babel. Best Fulham player on the pitch today by far. He's skilled, he's very attack-minded - and that shot was something else.

PS he will be out of contract in the summer.

With that ‘hairdo’, he hardly fulfills the ‘no dickheads’ policy now does he!?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If I were Dan Ashworth, I'd confiscate Paul Winstanley's passport and tell him to start looking a bit closer to home - eg at Chelsea's academy. We haven't used the loan market nearly enough. And if I were TB, I'd be encouraging that.

You are joking right, some dude in a cream linen suit has already contacted him to go a look at the next Mo Salah at Aswan FC.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you watched Cardiff play Fulham earlier, you’d know that we are there. There is no way on earth they are getting 6 points.

I'm not quite as confident as you, If Cardiff had played for the first eighty minutes yesterday the way they did the last ten, carving out chance after chance, anything is possible, even winning at fast fading Manure.

That said, that point that we won yesterday, should prove invaluable in two weeks time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Chap on the 25 going to the game was saying that he had inside information and that TB isnt as wealthy as most think and is definitely nowhere near being a Billionaire, so perhaps finance to buy better is a problem. I obviously do not know if this chap was ITK or just bull.......g

:lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Far more interestingly you could have thought about a) affording this amount; b) sourcing them; c) making space from existing 25
(and not just saying ‘getting rid’, we may not be able to sell).

I am sure the shopping list is much less than this, and so it should be. Folk on here are giving up too easily on signings. Players take time to adjust, a new manager (I hope for one) might play a different style that suits them better.

“(c) Making space from the existing 25” .... will be achieved in the normal manner by selling, releasing and loaning out inadequate players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dead right. Assuming our budget will be the better part of our PL £100M, that will be enough for two of the players of the calibre we need - three at the very outside if we're lucky with bargains, but we've tried doing that already..........
These players need to go straight into the first team - no bloody months and months to 'get up to speed' - and be first on the team sheet week in week out and improve the team (and indirectly by doing so make the players around them play better). The idea that we should go out and buy 6 or 7 is just stupid and naïve nonsense - if we do, we'll just finish up with more Jahanbakhsh's, Locadias, Schelottos, etc. running around the place making a good living.
Big job for the recruitment department - they mustn't get this summer wrong!

Perhaps there’ll be additional money from player sales, even if we have to take a hit on fees paid?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We need Players to be better than what we have in the FIRST 11. Our approach in past two seasons has to be effectively signing like for like players and having a championship ability squad.Recruitment needs to get in experienced PL players and stop chasing players for the future who we will probably never see play...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is why it's important why we need stay in the Premier Leauge while we build our strength on the pitch
image.jpg
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here