Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Remember what happened when CH got the players he needed. The football was fantastic and a joy to watch. TB needs to up the Budget to allow the shackles to come off enough to get us to mid table. If the budget stays the same we will go down, doesn’t matter who is in charge.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The main focus between Bloom and Hughton discussions needs to be about why we've got so little production out of Ali J, Andone, Bissouma and Locadia.

Andone was a bargain and hes a good player, and in a counter attacking or quick moving team, he'll do well. Who can forget that goal against Palace. Bissouma will be great, he's young and a bit raw, and to watch his videos at Lille, he was brilliant as an attacking mid scoring some great goals...... The Albion possibly dont allow him that freedom of expression. He's a talent and a good buy.

Locadia is dud, no better than Hemed and never worth 14 million. Ali J is looking increasingly similar.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They could have turned the game today on it’s head in the last 10 minutes. I can see them winning against an on the beach Palace and also United if they are out of the top 4 race

I can’t see us getting anything other than a couple of drubbings

Last 10 minutes?
Was also described as the worst performance by a PL team prior to that (presumably hadn’t watched us vs Bournemouth).

Cardiff will do well to draw with Palace and lose at Utd. I think we’ll upset the odds in one of our two games and get a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CH will, a lot of players won’t.

I hope you’re wrong. Our luck will run out otherwise. We’ve been outplayed in circa 30 PL games this season, even our Alamo defence has been rumbled. If not, relegation beckons. So many players lack pace, mobility, creativity, the ability to beat a man, ball control under pressure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chap on the 25 going to the game was saying that he had inside information and that TB isnt as wealthy as most think and is definitely nowhere near being a Billionaire, so perhaps finance to buy better is a problem. I obviously do not know if this chap was ITK or just bull.......g

So maybe just try for a sensible guess?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Definitely. I think Norwich and Sheff Utd will be worse, but then who?

Won’t be Villa if they come up.

Newcastle if Rafa goes and Ashley stays. But I don't really want to have to start each season in the Prem working out which three teams are worse than us.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I think CH has been let down by the recruitment team. He is a good manager and I hope we continue with him but he needs some better players. I'd like to see Giroud here next season along with a few good experienced Premier League players. Jahanback, Licadia, Isheaqueerdo have all flopped and some of our better players are getting slower by the week.
CH has survived a second PL season with the team that came up 2 years ago.
I give him a lot of credit for that and hope he gets all the support he needs from the backroom team and the supporters.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chap on the 25 going to the game was saying that he had inside information and that TB isnt as wealthy as most think and is definitely nowhere near being a Billionaire, so perhaps finance to buy better is a problem. I obviously do not know if this chap was ITK or just bull.......g

He was talking out of hisarse. Bloom is worth considerably more than one billion. I'm not telling you or anyone how I know but I do.

He has paid for all the Albion stuff without the need to borrow a single thing. No one has that sort of wealth hanging about or be prepared to pour it into a bottomless pit unless they have much more invested elsewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope you’re wrong. Our luck will run out otherwise. We’ve been outplayed in circa 30 PL games this season, even our Alamo defence has been rumbled. If not, relegation beckons. So many players lack pace, mobility, creativity, the ability to beat a man, ball control under pressure.

Can't see many players going, tbh. The ones we wouldn't mind off-loading just won't have very much value at the moment. How would you rate our chances of getting our money back on Locadia or Jahanbakhsh for example?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our manager at the start of next season WILL be CH. That is one thing am 100% sure of

I can't be sure. Tony is a supreme gambler. He'll work out he odds. That's all I'm sure about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think CH has been let down by the recruitment team. He is a good manager and I hope we continue with him but he needs some better players. I'd like to see Giroud here next season along with a few good experienced Premier League players. Jahanback, Licadia, Isheaqueerdo have all flopped and some of our better players are getting slower by the week.
CH has survived a second PL season with the team that came up 2 years ago.
I give him a lot of credit for that and hope he gets all the support he needs from the backroom team and the supporters.

Did you write 'CH' because you weren't sure whether Hughton has an 'o' in it? ???

On a brighter note, we do have Marsh, Konkheart and Bonando

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't see many players going, tbh. The ones we wouldn't mind off-loading just won't have very much value at the moment. How would you rate our chances of getting our money back on Locadia or Jahanbakhsh for example?

If TB doesn’t do it, we will shirley stink the PL out with Norwich next season and drop.

I reckon we’ll bring in quality players this summer, to protect TB’s investment by staying in the cash cow PL. Several new entrants = several departees.

Does anyone here know if Ashworth’s role includes assessing our current first team squad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here