[Film] Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Teaser Trailer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also amazed that people actually consider the prequel things to be Star Wars films.

They were far and away more 'Star Wars' than this disney shitshow. I managed to get through the prequels. They weren't great but were visually stunning, actually had a .. you know.. lightsabre duel in each and were definitely themed correctly.

The first of the recent, what I can only describe as fan films about Star Wars, was only barely tolerable because it was an extrapolation of everything that came before, rehearsed on steroids.

The second one ended the franchise for many of a certain generation. If the kids like the new ones, they can have them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've enjoyed the Disney ones. Yeah lot's of faults, but it IS Star Wars and it means my nipper's generation has got to experience the whole excitement/experience that I got from the originals.
My daughter loves SW. Her favourite is episode 2.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They were far and away more 'Star Wars' than this disney shitshow. I managed to get through the prequels. They weren't great but were visually stunning, actually had a .. you know.. lightsabre duel in each and were definitely themed correctly.

The first of the recent, what I can only describe as fan films about Star Wars, was only barely tolerable because it was an extrapolation of everything that came before, rehearsed on steroids.

The second one ended the franchise for many of a certain generation. If the kids like the new ones, they can have them.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Yours is so far off the mark, I find it very odd. But hey, each to their own. "Visually stunning" though, that has to be a joke! :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just back

Not sure if I really liked it or I really disliked it.

My initial thoughts are it’s too long, however there are some neat bits in it.

Have to sleep on it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure if I really liked it or I really disliked it.

My initial thoughts are it’s too long, however there are some neat bits in it.

Have to sleep on it
Yeah, whatever you do don't just enjoy it for what it is, make sure you analyse the shit out of it and then moan that things aren't as good as they used to be.

Personally, I'm ready to go again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah, whatever you do don't just enjoy it for what it is, make sure you analyse the shit out of it and then moan that things aren't as good as they used to be.

Personally, I'm ready to go again.

You can think about it and not over analyse it.

We need a spoiler thread really

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can think about it and not over analyse it.
Yeah I know, but it seems odd to be unsure if you really liked it or really disliked it, with no middle ground.

We need a spoiler thread really
Feel free to start one :)

I'd start it, but I can't be bothered to read the criticisms. I liked it and am happy to leave it at that, rather than be told what's wrong with it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just got back.
Loved it and quite frankly, cried at least 3 times.
A suitable end to an emotional ride, begun when I first saw A New Hope on tv in 1982.

ESB still the best, but I don’t think any of them are bad.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just back from it. Didn't look as if a huge amount of thought went into it, outside of the profits to be made, so expectations oughtn't be too high, but it was fine and silly and laughable here and there. Jason Isaacs's character was particularly funny, by mistake. But there you go, until the next round of rehashes.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Also just back and won’t reveal the plot etc but I liked it, more so than last Jedi. It was too long though, I watched Force Awakens at Chichester IMAX and was very impressed with the screen, was only able to get ‘normal’ seats this time although in 3D. What a cinema that place is, tremendous viewing and just as good as the Imax viewing I recalled from the FA. A family of 5 cost an eye watering amount of money but it had to be done...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just got back.
Loved it and quite frankly, cried at least 3 times.
3! Christ, that is a bit pathetic. I cry at anything, and I only cried once. Although to be fair, I tend to only speed on the motorway once if the traffic is clear.

A suitable end to an emotional ride, begun when I first saw A New Hope on tv in 1982.

ESB still the best, but I don’t think any of them are bad.
Same.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
. Jason Isaacs's character [.

Do you mean Oscar Isaac, who plays Poe? Jason Isaac plays the Grand Inquisitor in a Star Wars TV show.

I thought it was a bit long, but great fun. Enjoy it for what it is, a bit silly but wonderful. Probably the best Disney SW film after Rogue One for me.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
Do you mean Oscar Isaac, who plays Poe? Jason Isaac plays the Grand Inquisitor in a Star Wars TV show.

I thought it was a bit long, but great fun. Enjoy it for what it is, a bit silly but wonderful. Probably the best Disney SW film after Rogue One for me.

I'd go along with this.

The other thing to bear in mind is that they had to deal with the fall-out from the mess of a plot that was left at the end of the last movie. Did they manage to fill in some of the holes, explain some of the inconsistencies, tie everything up to at least some level of satisfaction, and most importantly for me did they tell a story? I think they did, and I not only enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would it's probably pushing its way in to the top 3 Star Wars films for me.

In my opinion the film treats the subject matter with respect, treats the characters with respect, and treats the audience with respect. All of this was missing totally from the last film, and this one salvages it in some style. By no means perfect, but if you go in to the film wanting to be entertained rather than wanting to find reasons to complain I think you'll come away happy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't cry, but I did laugh three times (when I wasn't supposed to).

Standing on the Millennium Falcon when it's flying?!? I mean, come on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports