Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

wtf knocky..this is why weve had so few goals from midfield this season - players keep the ball and get tackled when there are players in open play to pass to, and conversely pass to a player with nowhere to go..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Feels like a training exercise for Chelsea.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Radio Five say "Brighton not really having any sort of threat at all coming forward". I know we didn't expect to do well but it would be nice if we had something when going forward just once or twice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This is down to CH and team selection making the cup a priority

300px-U_Wot_M8_Original.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poyet at the game

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Answer 1
Like we did against Man Utd in both home games since promotion? Like we did at home v Arsenal last season? Why does it have to be 'pack the defence and delay the inevitable' or 'get smashed with any other approach'?. That's a nonsense myth, it's simplistic argument that makes football tactics out to be all or nothing. As if if you don't park 10 men behind the ball for all 90mins you will lose 8-0. It's simply not true. I'm not saying abandon all defensive duties, play 1-1-8 (and send Ryan up front). But what we've been doing isn't working. What's the definition of insanity again?

Answer 2
We don't have the squad to play this way, either!

Ok I was trying to be positive about the way we've played at half time... Starting to get pissed off now though. We're losing and still playing as if trying to get a 0-0 ...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can we start thinking about Wembley yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here