Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Kit Napier

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I still recall his debut against Peterborough at the Goldstone in 1966. We were bottom of Div 3 and pretty rubbish. A goal down at half time, but Kit ran amok in the second half, scored a couple and we won 5-2. He went on to score a few more that season and really kicked on the next season. Ironic that his 99 goals, the highest in my time have just been surpassed by GM.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Only 75.RIP

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
One of his goals made me laugh the goalkeeper put the ball down as he thought it was free kick and Kit walked up and put it the back of the net pretty sure it was in the north stand goal .
Can anyone remember the game.
RIP

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He was mine as well. RIP Kit. Great player.

Scored a couple straight from corners and once the opposition keeper - Alan Stephenson playing for Chesterfield I think - put the ball on the deck mistakenly thinking he had been fouled and would get the free kick only for Kit to smash it home into an empty net.

With I and many others wondering why the referee didn't book him for that, not realising that his speed of thought was way ahead of ours. A really quick thinking and skilful Goldstone and Albion legend who gave a great deal of pleasure to so many for so long. Very sad news. RIP Kit.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
One of his goals made me laugh the goalkeeper put the ball down as he thought it was free kick and Kit walked up and put it the back of the net pretty sure it was in the north stand goal .
Can anyone remember the game.
RIP

Yes, replied before seeing your post, and yes, it was the north stand. A memorable goal as testified on this thread. I remember at least two others direct from corners..

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yes, replied before seeing your post, and yes, it was the north stand. A memorable goal as testified on this thread. I remember at least two others direct from corners..

South Stand...I vividly remember it from my perch in the 'Chicken Run' and also the previous posting from Marlowe shows the South of the West stand in the background...so South Stand it was.....

TNBA

TTF

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
img_4445.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He was the first player signed by the Albion when I started supporting them. I thought as we'd paid money for him (I wasn't used to the idea of transfers) he'd be a class act - I wasn't wrong about that. What a player, one who brightened up my formative years. He'll be fondly remembered

RIP Kit

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was lucky enough to see him grace the Goldstone. RIP.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think I fell in love with his name. It seemed so exotic to my young ears. R.I.P. Great player.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sad news. I was fortunate enough to have seen him score many,many times for us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He started for the Albion the same season I saw my first game. One of the main reasons I got hooked

RIP KIt

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What terrible news to wake up to. One of those people I thought I 'knew' because I saw him every other Saturday and probably my first Brighton hero.

RIP Kit, Albion legend.

EDIT: And reading the other posts I see I'm not alone in having him as my first Albion hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here