Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff v Chelsea - posives and negatives

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
To be fair to the linesman, it was a much harder decision than it looks on that photo. The linesman didn't have the photo, remember.

The linesman had to look at two incidents 40 yards away - one of them, the Chelsea man winning a header; the other, another Chelsea man coming back into line with the defender. The two incidents were separated by about a tenth of a second. And he had to decide which came first, and he got it wrong. By a tenth of a second.

What a shame.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cardiff have a much easier run in. If they beat us, we'll go down. I'm pretty sure.

If we win one more game (Bournemouth, Newcastle, Wolves even) and lose to Cardiff - they would still need at least 2 other victories out of Man City, Burnley, Liverpool, Fulham (A), Man Utd , and Palace.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cardiff have a much easier run in. If they beat us, we'll go down. I'm pretty sure.

A Man City
A Burnley
A Brighton
H Liverpool
A Fulham
H Palace
A Man Utd

That’s an easier run in, 7 games left, only 2 at home, 1 of those against Liverpool.

Bournemouth could take all the pressure out the Cardiff game.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We did the double over Palace for the first time in living memory a couple of weeks ago , got through to the semi final with a “miracle” , and despite everything are still 5 points clear of the drop with a game in hand. For the first time this weekend we are all bloody smiling. (Football wise) . At least I thought so.

Yet read the posts on here and I’ve never seen such misery. Cardiff will beat us. Chelsea will beat us. Hughton doesn’t know what he’s doing. The squad is championship ready or some such. Good grief!!

Truth hurts doesn't it? All you needed in that was 'look at where we were 10 years ago'.

D

Deleted member 22389

Cardiff's run in looks hard, but I just can't call it anymore. Chelsea did us a massive favour yesterday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cardiff's run in looks hard, but I just can't call it anymore. Chelsea did us a massive favour yesterday.

It's likely to come down to our game v them. I certainly hope CH can get his team up for it then because you know for sure that Colin will have his lot supercharged

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Marginal I think you’ll agree [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

89faa4fa6316af67f32922b89dadccb0.jpg

Karma is a bitch !

DB4C9D94-4ABC-48BD-83AB-97D3F990B10F.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Truth hurts doesn't it? All you needed in that was 'look at where we were 10 years ago'.

If you can't get any joy out of watching Chelsea score 2 in the last few minutes to probably confine Cardiff to the Champ, save our season and upset poor old Warnock then fair enough.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's likely to come down to our game v them. I certainly hope CH can get his team up for it then because you know for sure that Colin will have his lot supercharged

I think you could be right.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If you can't get any joy out of watching Chelsea score 2 in the last few minutes to probably confine Cardiff to the Champ, save our season and upset poor old Warnock then fair enough.

My reply to the fella had nothing to do with this. It was his rose tinted glasses view of the Albion.

I am firmly but sadly having to watch all Cardiff's results as we can't seem to help ourselves. I had much joy at Chelsea's 2 goals yesterday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cardiff NEEDING to beat us, actually gives us a much better chance of winning that game. If they were in a position to come to us and aim for a horrible draw, then I'd expect them to get it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff NEEDING to beat us, actually gives us a much better chance of winning that game. If they were in a position to come to us and aim for a horrible draw, then I'd expect them to get it.

Burnley and Southampton both came to the Amex needing to beat us. And they both did it with something to spare. The way we failed to get up for those six-pointers, be on the front foot and inject some tempo (passing game fine, counter attacking fine, doing either slowly is no good) is very worrying.

Not saying you are doing this, but on this thread it is clear that a lot of people are allowing their understandable antipathy towards Warnock to mask our own shortcomings. We shouldn't be anywhere near relegation this season, and it feels like we have sleep-walked down the table.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Burnley and Southampton both came to the Amex needing to beat us. And they both did it with something to spare. The way we failed to get up for those six-pointers, be on the front foot and inject some tempo (passing game fine, counter attacking fine, doing either slowly is no good) is very worrying.

Not saying you are doing this, but on this thread it is clear that a lot of people are allowing their understandable antipathy towards Warnock to mask our own shortcomings. We shouldn't be anywhere near relegation this season, and it feels like we have sleep-walked down the table.

Southampton 1/0..something to spare? Burnley could have been out of sight at HT if there goalie wasn't in such inspired form and two cleared off the line....we won't talk about the penalty ...we might not have been on the front foot against the former but we certainly were against the latter

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Totally agree but worry about recruitment. After last summer's blitz in money that has been inadequately returned on field, where are going to spend? Where are the potential gaps in 25 that can be filled with HGP rules? Think some will have to shuffled out but that may be easier said than done.

Striker, end. We need a release point up front, GM is too slow. Or CH needs to change tactics. ............Get you card out Tony.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We shouldn't be anywhere near relegation this season

Really ? Why not ? Isn't in/around relegation (given we've only been as low as 17th for one week and never in the bottom three) exactly where people expected us to be. (hope is another thing).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why? All teams below 12th are in a relegation battle, all season long. We have something like 15th best budget so we are where we belong, witht the money we've spent. That's life in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here