Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Get real. Although it's potentially our biggest game in more than a generation (it will be the biggest in terms of the numbers of our fans there) it's not really their biggest game that week!

They have already been to Wembley 11 times (I think) in the last 5 years. The timing is shite in terms of transport home that night and they are no doubt forking out for trips to Europe too, not least a trip back down to London on Tuesday for what many would consider a much bigger game. And who can blame those that need to make choices about the games they see and those of the mindset that will save their Wembley outing for the final - of course they will be sorely disappointing with that strategy!

There are a few clubs fans who are an embarrassment. City fans are not in that group by a country mile

This.........not comparing apples with apples at all. Close to being 'just another game' for them, not the once-in-a-generation thing it is for us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Personally, I don't think that a few hundred £20 notes is either here or there. I think the strategy is all about 'exploiting' the lure of a one-of glamour occasion, to get people signed up / tied in / invested in the club. Once they have them IN, they can utilise that investment, to try to get them along to games against Burnley, etc and sell them the odd shirt, etc.

In other words more profit. Or greed depending on your viewpoint

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Be in no doubt - if this was Man Utd or Liverpool, they would sell out. And that kills City.

United or Liverpool (or LEEDS) would sell out no problem, even if they had been to Wembley as often as City have, purely because they have such widespread fanbases. United or Liverpool could sell their entire 33,000 allocation to fans within 50 miles of Wembley, so the kick off time, the travel logistics, etc become irrelevant.

That simply isn't the case for City.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Make football affordable and this would be a sell out. Price / adopt ticket sales approach as they’ve done here and that’s why there’ll be 10-15k empty seats. Still, not bad for a semi final and the FA coffers will be full so job done I guess.

The fact that it is the cheapest seats that are selling slowest, suggests that this is absolutely not the issue - for the Albion allocation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
United or Liverpool (or LEEDS) would sell out no problem, even if they had been to Wembley as often as City have, purely because they have such widespread fanbases. United or Liverpool could sell their entire 33,000 allocation to fans within 50 miles of Wembley, so the kick off time, the travel logistics, etc become irrelevant.

That simply isn't the case for City.

That hardly makes it embarrassing for City though does it ? Just means a far higher % of their fan base are actually local................................

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The fact that it is the cheapest seats that are selling slowest, suggests that this is absolutely not the issue - for the Albion allocation.

Talking about City. But also all the neutral tickets that no one will snap up because they’re priced stupidly. Hence Wembley won’t be full. Near full is good enough mind.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just to be clear, you DON'T think that the football club should be trying to maximise attendance at its football matches? Or make a profit?

Just to be clear I didn’t write that, you’re interpreting as such.

Talking about City. But also all the neutral tickets that no one will snap up because they’re priced stupidly. Hence Wembley won’t be full. Near full is good enough mind.

Apart from Club Wembley, how does one buy a 'neutral' ticket?

I did link to how you could buy a ticket with Air Miles last week but that would have been a sponsors (Emirates) ticket.

Can the public roll up and buy a ticket to watch a semi-final between teams they don't support, apart from Club Wembley.

On the subject of Club Wembley, is there an online place where we can check what's available there?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Be in no doubt - if this was Man Utd or Liverpool, they would sell out. And that kills City.

It doesn't. They know they're not as big as Liverpool and United, they're also proud most of their fanbase attends from locally from their city. Most City fans also remember it was only 19 years ago they were in Div 3.

ManUtd and Liverpool would sell out the semi final, because they'd have so many day trippers, from all over the country getting tickets who wouldn't normally get a sniff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That hardly makes it embarrassing for City though does it ? Just means a far higher % of their fan base are actually local................................

That was my point.

Its not embarrassing at all, that their fanbase are almost exclusively Mancunian.

(I guess a prolonged period of success will see that change somewhat, though.)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Apart from Club Wembley, how does one buy a 'neutral' ticket?

I did link to how you could buy a ticket with Air Miles last week but that would have been a sponsors (Emirates) ticket.

Can the public roll up and buy a ticket to watch a semi-final between teams they don't support, apart from Club Wembley.

On the subject of Club Wembley, is there an online place where we can check what's available there?

Plenty of resellers just google. Probabky more than last week and prices might dropped too given demand is weaker than anticipated. Not sure what the floor cost is, probably still quite high to ‘protect brand’ and/or holders can’t be arsed to sell as they’re rich enough as it is!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Certainly disappointing that there are 550+ still available to ANYONE WITH A PURCHASE HISTORY.

On the plus side, useful info for when the 'I can never get a ticket, closed shop blah blah blah' brigade start their whining................................

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Wonder how many fans are coming over from Abu Dhabi.

Tills must be ringing in the Marina Mall club shop. I did buy a blow up banana from there once.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don't blame the City fans at all, they have a tricky champions league tie the following week not to mention a league title campaign where they have little margin for error either. As had been said by others the timing of this game also makes it difficult for travel back to Manchester (not too mention the cost of getting down here in the first place!)

As for us struggling to sell out Chelsea we have 8 games in five weeks it's not surprising that something has to give for our fans too Chelsea, Wembley, Spurs, Wolves represents £135 plus travel at the cheapest prices. Factor in the home games and associated travel/refreshments you are looking at a big outgoing. I've Glastonbury to pay for next week, the water bill, and the demand for external works on my building all happening this month. I'd say I was well off but doing ALL these games is simply not a cost even I can justify.

AndrewCity

Mar 26, 2019
The pace of ticket sales at City is interesting and unexpected. For the first time I wonder of some of theirs might actually come our way, which would/should be a huge embarrassment for them if it did happen.

Yes, I know they have bigger fish to fry, huge games in the Premier League, Champions League, they also probably have one eye on money for the final assuming this will be a cakewalk. But still and even so, it didn't occur to me for one second that they wouldn't sell out 33,000 tickets for this one given what a 'big club' and 'great fans' they are supposed to be.

Incidentally, I think the club got it really wrong by creating a category for 2019-20 memberships to get SF tickets ahead of those with a purchase history from this or last season. You have absolutely no right to jump that particular queue with a membership for next season. In theory this could be your first Albion match by buying that membership and then a SF ticket. Not blaming anyone who did, I would have done the same if I hadn't already been a member for a few years. But sheer greed from the club trying to drum up some extra cash.

No embarrassment here. None in the slightest actually.

Just because our club is loaded, it doesn't mean our fanbase is.

You're correct that United and Liverpool would sell the 33,000 regardless. That's because they are historically bigger football clubs who have built up a fanbase throughout years of sustained success. City are late to the party and that means that we're having to focus on the youth rather than the older generation who have already built an allegiance to a club.

You also have to couple in the fact that our fanbase is predominantly northern. We have some fans down south but not to the extent that United and Liverpool do. When we played in the Carabao final last month we took 35,000. The tie went to extra time and penalties and anybody who'd booked trains home either missed them or were ferried on to the last train at 21:20. I was on that train and it was not a comfortable 3 hour journey. Bodies everywhere. This was a Sunday

This Semi Final is kicking off even later and again has the possibility of going to extra time and penalties meaning it may not finish until after 8pm. The last published train back to Manchester is at 9pm and getting out of Wembley and back to Euston is not easy.

All of the above is even before you consider the sheer amount of games that even a season ticket holder may have to pay for both the previous and coming months.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Certainly disappointing that there are 550+ still available to ANYONE WITH A PURCHASE HISTORY.

And I’ve bought mine off a someone who can’t go now too! Still, that’s what you get for nearly two seasons devoid of wins, goals and even shots sometimes when watching the Albion away in the worlds most uncompetitive league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here