Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test, West Indies v England, North Sound, Antigua

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Took me a while to understand what the **** they were on about tbf. Now it's completely normal. I've been assimilated.......
Same here. I'm institutionalised up here now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies close day one on 30-0 (21 overs), Braithwaite 11* and Campbell 16*

England disappointing with bat and then with ball - too many easy balls to leave.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d have no luck at all.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
At least the day went exactly as most of us expected.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
West Indies close day one on 30-0 (21 overs), Braithwaite 11* and Campbell 16*

England disappointing with bat and then with ball - too many easy balls to leave.
Disagree. The bowling was really quite good and we were VERY unlucky not to pick up at least two wickets. Broad was excellent and the openers both had a lot of thrashes which on another day would have been wickets. Just luck.

When you look at some of the completely lucky ones WI got today, we could have had another 50 runs on the board and have them at 30/3.

Sometimes the stats lie and sometimes it's just not your day. We didn't do much wrong.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn’t we just hand out defeats to India and Sri Lanka ?
What has happened to the team ?

Sri Lanka are currently being battered by a very average Australian team - they're not the force they were.

India are notoriously poor travellers and they couldn't cope with Anderson on English wickets. He's never been so effective abroad.

I think this England side will still hand Australia a pasting in the summer

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn’t we just hand out defeats to India and Sri Lanka ?
What has happened to the team ?

Further to my answer: the other factor is the toss. England were lucky against India and SL and won every toss but have lost two tosses to the WI.

I do think that tests should have the same system as the CC where the away side has the choice of insertion or a toss

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Further to my answer: the other factor is the toss. England were lucky against India and SL and won every toss but have lost two tosses to the WI.

I do think that tests should have the same system as the CC where the away side has the choice of insertion or a toss
Agree.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think that’s a good idea too.

I’ve also always like the idea of closed bids for the toss. Both captains bid based on runs they are prepared to sacrifice e.g England start minus 40 if they outbid the opposition who may have bid 25.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’ve also always like the idea of closed bids for the toss. Both captains bid based on runs they are prepared to sacrifice e.g England start minus 40 if they outbid the opposition who may have bid 25.
I've never heard that idea but quite like it. Would be popular with analytical support teams as it would give them something else to do.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
F*****g come on boys, big day today. We've not let the Windies get ahead with some disciplined bowling yeterday evening, now is the time to make inroads and get ourselves right back in the test match.

Come on England, you can do it!!!

:clap:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger. Campbell caught in slips but off his forearm. Not bat or glove involved. Looked good at first but he immediately reviewed it and not out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here