Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test, West Indies v England, North Sound, Antigua

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

We need to take these chances, they don't come around often at international level.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies 103-1 (40.2 overs), trailing by 84 with 9 wickets in hand.

No doubt the WIndies batters are riding their luck... what can England do different or do they just have to keep plugging away and hope?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The crash is coming, I can't see them getting more than a couple of hundred more this innings.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ton up, this is looking very grim for us. Leroy in the Warehouse is giving me dogs abuse.

:nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, Day Two

West Indies 126-1 (50 overs), trailing by just 61 with 9 wickets in hand.

Brathwaite 48* Hope 22*

29 overs in the session, 96 runs and just the 1 wicket. England staring down the barrel already.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we have got to start looking for a captain that commands both respect of the team and the discipline to exert upon them. Sadly I dont think that Root is the answer. and should revert to just being a batsmen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think that we have got to start looking for a captain that commands both respect of the team and the discipline to exert upon them. Sadly I dont think that Root is the answer. and should revert to just being a batsmen.

Seriously... what do you think a different captain would have done to improve Broad and Anderson's bowling? or Jos Buttler's catching? really??

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is delightfully "NSC". Right up there with Chris Hughton's lack of tactical nous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seriously... what do you think a different captain would have done to improve Broad and Anderson's bowling? or Jos Buttler's catching? really??

Bearing in mind he probably wants Jan Vertonghen in the role, I guess it's best not to ask.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
One man went to Mo :clap:

52.4 Ali to Brathwaite, OUT, turn and bounce, jabbed to short leg! Into the bread basket, Jennings in action under the lid again... and Brathwaite won't be getting his fifty today!
England had built a bit of pressure, though he's not normally a man to let that fluster him

KC Brathwaite c sub (KK Jennings) b Ali 49 (156b 3x4 0x6) SR: 31.41

133-2

Did Root have a word with him during lunch?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies 150-2 (57 overs)

Hope is piling on the agony after lunch... 43* from 60 balls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here