Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test, West Indies v England, North Sound, Antigua

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, Day One

England, inserted by Holder, have limped to 78-4 (24 overs).

and England only have runs on the board thanks to Jonny Bairstow 52* (62 balls, 9 fours, 1 six), nobody else into double figures.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Review straight after lunch... JB trapped in front... not given... but looked very close...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
24.2 Roach to Bairstow, OUT, oh my word, that is so close! Full and straight, if Bairstow hasn't inside-edged this, he is toast! Just played the wrong line, and there's clear daylight ... what's this hitting, then?
Smashing leg stump! Umpire Gaffeney hasn't got himself very well calibrated today, that's two big decisions he's not given

JM Bairstow lbw b Roach 52 (64b 9x4 1x6) SR: 81.25

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know Bairstow got his runs and got on top of the bowlers in the first session, but why oh why come out first ball after lunch and drive at the ball? That seemed premeditated to me, and the wrong decision after at least creating a platform to fight back from.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Crikey... Gabriel has totally outdone Ben Stokes... pace and bounce... fenced at it... and caught behind

93-6 (28 overs)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
:lolol:

Well done the Windies.
Indeed. Their success is good news in the bigger picture. Shocking and sad though that there are so few locals watching them destroy England.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To soon to make that judgement. Fielding was the preferred option on this pitch and Windies won the toss. That Root delivery is showing, to me, an uneven pitch. It can only get worse over the course of the test. This could be a low scoring match all round.

I'm going by his most recent scores, I don't think Sydney Thunder will be having him back for the next Big Bash either.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least there is a silver lining to the current England performance, if it was any of the great West Indies pace attacks operating, we would already be back out on the field bowling, having been dismissed for under 50.

Currently we may even struggle to 125 before being all out

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Indeed. Their success is good news in the bigger picture. Shocking and sad though that there are so few locals watching them destroy England.

You just hope that a sustained upturn in fortunes will get the crowds coming back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moeen Ali 51* (69 balls, 7 fours, 1 six) :clap2:

England 160-6

Long overdue score when it matters, any chance of a fifty from Broady too ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here