Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not really sure what you mean, Palace have always had a great academy, its just when a couple of years ago they were categorized Palace missed out because of the infrastructure, they are now getting that side ready.

In the last few years we have produced a few from Cat 2...Wan-Bissaka and Mitchell who are both playing in the top tier.

So to your point Palace are not starting from scratch it was already there and producing.

It’s not a great record for the amount of time you’ve been in the premier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This talk of the academy is funny. It's as if you think that now you have Cat 1 status, you can now start producing talent.

In the real world, after 6 years of ours being open, we are now producing talent and the future is looking good.

Another win for the Palace under 18’s, this time away to 2nd in the table Fulham.
We now lead the division by 4 points, not bad for our debut season in the PL :thumbsup:
Things are looking good.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Another win for the Palace under 18’s, this time away to 2nd in the table Fulham.
We now lead the division by 4 points, not bad for our debut season in the PL [emoji106]
Things are looking good.
But how many of them will make it? According to someone who works with the young ones on your forum, i think he is called Woosie? Don't think many will.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes but we started from scratch and we have White, Sanchez, Alzate, Connolly to name a few with a 2/3 more in the pipeline. You could even had Dunk to that list.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the shoots appear when you are in the Championship

Let’s big it up properly. We had 5 home-developed players in our starting line up that deservedly beat Liverpool the other night, in addition to 2 players on the bench.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Let’s big it up properly. We had 5 home-developed players in our starting line up that deservedly beat Liverpool the other night, in addition to 2 players on the bench.
Yea but Palace have been producing talent for years according to some of them and their unders 18's are 4pts clear in their first season.

I'm starting to feel a bit worried. [emoji3525]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You could say it was 4 on the bench as we had Walton and Connolly who’ve come through the system and McGill and Weir who are going through it now.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But how many of them will make it? According to someone who works with the young ones on your forum, i think he is called Woosie? Don't think many will.

Four of them have already signed pro deals, so the signs are promising.
There’s no guarantees of young players making it, but the current crop of under 15’s,16’s,17’s and 18’s are the best yet.
Now we have Cat 1, we have more chance of beating the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, in getting the cream of South London’s youth.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Four of them have already signed pro deals, so the signs are promising.
There’s no guarantees of young players making it, but the current crop of under 15’s,16’s,17’s and 18’s are the best yet.
Now we have Cat 1, we have more chance of beating the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, in getting the cream of South London’s youth.

Yea, you may have more of a chance now but don't mean you will beat them team's to the youngsters.

I would even wager we got more pulling power than you.

World class training facilities that are being upgraded as we talk, a club that is going places with infrastructure already in place, (you lot like that one) and a proven path way to the first team for our young ones..

The future's bright, the future's Blue and White.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t get me wrong, Palce are in our shadow at just about every conceivable part of a football club / fan base. But they are ranked at 31/92 in the best academy’s in the country, so theirs isn’t too bad. Credit where it’s due - top 50%.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Are they home developed ? Alzate was from Swindon town, Connolly from Luton, white is from Southampton.

All good young players but not home developed, picked up young and nurtured I grant you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are they home developed ? Alzate was from Swindon town, Connolly from Luton, white is from Southampton.

All good young players but not home developed, picked up young and nurtured I grant you.
Is this post a joke?

Connolly with us since 16, White since 16 and Alzate since 18.

White was not wanted by Southampton any more.

Alzate was on loan at Swindon whilst our player.

Connolly likewise was on loan at Luton whilst a Brighton player.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Like Mitchell came from Brentford, you mean?

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021

Yep. March, Dunk are two proper local born n bred lads. There are a couple more in the premier league squad such asthe reserve keeper Walton who but for his injury might have been our number 1. The other three and Bissouma are academy investments in a similar fashion that the new South American Moises is. That is not to say the acadmey isnt producing players. We have a ridulous amount of local lads who have gone from the Albion's youth set up to other clubs. If we were still in the championship then a good half or more would/could be "local lads". Kids also will choose a Brighton or a Palace because they have more chance of getting a chance in the Premier League. Although to be fair to Chelsea they have had a couple given a chance recently.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Alzate was on loan at Swindon from us, he was originally from Orient. Connolly was on loan at Luton from us, and White was released by Southampton as a schoolboy.

So, total bollox really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gareth Barry was ours then - and Steve Cook - and Russell Martin. And any footballer who’s local pro club is BHA - wicked we’ve just been credited for many more players :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Harrison Reid at Southampton, Albion through and through, even though he’s never played a game for us at any level.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
For the amount of time you spend on here your biggest fear should be getting banned from NSC, your sad life would then become even more desperate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Why would he be banned ?
He’s on a Palace thread, he’s not de-railing the thread, and isn’t abusive, unlike some who follow him around the forum.
If being a Palace fan on a pisstaking Palace thread is a problem for some of you, there are hundreds of non Palace threads for your browsing.
Lighten up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here