Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just looking at transfer news and I see, apart from us buying up most of South Africa's finest footballers (according to SA fans), that Pilarse have 14 players out of contract at the end of this year, and some of the bigger names amongst that. I wonder, with Eze coming to the fore, and Zahahaha looking to move on, whether they are entering that very dangerous "re-build" period, and, if so, is this the time for Woy to step away also?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Just looking at transfer news and I see, apart from us buying up most of South Africa's finest footballers (according to SA fans), that Pilarse have 14 players out of contract at the end of this year, and some of the bigger names amongst that. I wonder, with Eze coming to the fore, and Zahahaha looking to move on, whether they are entering that very dangerous "re-build" period, and, if so, is this the time for Roy to step away also?

I think Palace's situation is an excellent opportunity to get some very highly paid players off their payroll and replaced with exciting youngsters like Eze.
If I was a Palace fan I'd be looking at it as a positive rather than a negative to ditch the likes of Sakho, Meyer, Benteke and Townsend who will be taking a large percentage of the wage bill.

The massive 'IF' is will they recruit successfully?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think Palace's situation is an excellent opportunity to get some very highly paid players off their payroll and replaced with exciting youngsters like Eze.
If I was a Palace fan I'd be looking at it as a positive rather than a negative to ditch the likes of Sakho, Meyer, Benteke and Townsend who will be taking a large percentage of the wage bill.

The massive 'IF' is will they recruit successfully?

Yes I have you correct although I would keep Townsend and even Benteke if they signed a reduced contract, as Townsend always puts a shift in and with Benteke / or A other big center forward, I think we look better as it allows Zaha ( if he stays) and Eze to play free roles up front. But the summer will be a big re-building job which I am looking forward to...as you lot might be finding out the premier league gets a bit boring after a while. It might not work or it just might who knows.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Benteke could star at another club, strikers sometimes do after a move, that's NOT me saying we'd want him here!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would take him.... On much reduced wages tho... 130k a week, only our friends up the road would pay that for him

Oh come on, we're nowhere near that desper .......

Hmm, might be worth a thought actually

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wouldn't have him washing boots!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Eze looks like a really good player. Zaha is an odd one though. He's looked good this season but his wages and his worth to Palace means he'll be there until the end of his contract at this rate.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Eddie Howe will be in at Palace at end of season
That is a good shout as he is a southern man.
The rebuilding of that club is a huge job . The ground is a dump and they have most players well into their 30s. The American owners will want out .They have done well to stay in the prem but I see trouble ahead.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The rebuilding of that club is a huge job . The ground is a dump and they have most players well into their 30s. The American owners will want out .They have done well to stay in the prem but I see trouble ahead.

I agree, it's a good shout, but would Mr Smugness want the job and risk of the squad rebuild in his first season? They've got something like 16 players out of contract, issues around Mr Tumble, a lack of cash, a stadium that makes Crawley's ground look good and still to address their ownership issues, other than that no problems!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Sorry, was responding to [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] and said about the same as you on your bleedin' link! ???:):)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree, it's a good shout, but would Mr Smugness want the job and risk of the squad rebuild in his first season? They've got something like 16 players out of contract, issues around Mr Tumble, a lack of cash, a stadium that makes Crawley's ground look good and still to address their ownership issues, other than that no problems!

Its a Prem job, down south and they still pay a fortune in wages to players so of course he will want it.

I think its a done deal already.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty much every game this season I see him getting involved in aggro - he seems very unhappy to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty much every game this season I see him getting involved in aggro - he seems very unhappy to me.

Think that’s just him - a pure oddball whiney **** :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You’re all forgetting the new ‘Super Stand’

Shirley, it must be finished now. It’ll make Spurs ground look like Crawleys ground.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

18 players out of contract. 14 players over 30 or over with another 3 joining that list before the start of next season. They need a huge squad rebuild, but it's a PL job so Howe would be interested. Hopefully the smug **** goes there just so I can hate him a little bit more.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Its a Prem job, down south and they still pay a fortune in wages to players so of course he will want it.

I think its a done deal already.

Or before if Woy is slipping?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
yep, would be surprised if he came in before end of season if Palace are safe too, to give him time to look at things before the window etc

I think we'll see a Palace decline more in terms of squad and looking forward, Board will panic, switch new main stand for a marquee to cover new burger stall, Howe in, fold company, relaunch as CPFC(2021)Ltd * It has a ring to it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here