Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top class tonight:

David, remember what your Scoutmaster taught you

"Don't tell anyone" no "Be Prepared"

Good to see a cameo from Mr Jolly

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Haven't watched yet.. but hearing it has a Psychoville theme is very interesting.
I absolutely loved Psychoville.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very good. Had a flat on 12th and 13th floor of the tower block from ‘84 to ‘97. At the Elephant & Castle but obviously wasn’t filmed inside.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Much preferred Death Be Not Proud to The Referee's A W*nker.

I don't like when shows do football. They so rarely get the tone or language right. Also, it was ludicrously and needlessly over-elaborate - he could've just reffed badly and thrown the game for the team he wanted to win. Didn't need the rest, it felt like they wanted to make a comment about lack of out gay footballers which I understand but overall it felt clever for clever's sake.

Meanwhile, I thought Death Be Not Proud was Shearsmith and Pemberton doing what they do best - bleak, grimy, funny - just like Psychoville and The League of Gentlemen. Again, the twist was a little "meh" but overall I thought it was a very enjoyable episode.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Watched the second episode on demand last night after seeing reports of a surprise, very pleased to see the Psychoville callback

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Much preferred Death Be Not Proud to The Referee's A W*nker.

I don't like when shows do football. They so rarely get the tone or language right. Also, it was ludicrously and needlessly over-elaborate - he could've just reffed badly and thrown the game for the team he wanted to win. Didn't need the rest, it felt like they wanted to make a comment about lack of out gay footballers which I understand but overall it felt clever for clever's sake.

Meanwhile, I thought Death Be Not Proud was Shearsmith and Pemberton doing what they do best - bleak, grimy, funny - just like Psychoville and The League of Gentlemen. Again, the twist was a little "meh" but overall I thought it was a very enjoyable episode.

I had completely the opposite opinions on the first 2 episodes. I really enjoyed the referee episode. Granted, it was a little bit contrived but I thought it was very entertaining. I thought the ending was fantastic as I genuinely didn't see what the twist would be.

I was never really a fan of The League of Gentlemen and the couple of episodes of Psychoville I've seen I found quite "meh". So, this week's episode really didn't do anything for me. I thought there would at least be a big twist at the end to make up for it, but there really wasn't. I watch Inside Number 9 for the clever stories, but it was lacking from this episode. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible; but if I wanted an episode of Psychoville, I'd watch Psychoville.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quite enjoyed the imminent sense of doom not quite paying off.

But even in that I thought how they individually dealt with the actual threat was slowly pieced together, was all rather pleasing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought last night's was excellent.

Really warm, very well acted, strong believable dialogue. Abrupt ending, but was ok with that. Not a clever-for-the-sake-of-it storyline like the Football episode, just a well written, well observed situation.

My favourite of the series so far, by some way.

Jul 7, 2003
For those who like the series, it is worth listening to the Inside Inside No 9 Podcase that is available on BBC sounds. Steve and Reece talk about how the episode came about and how it filmed etc. Ralf Little guests in the first one. Second one they are really pleased how they managed to do a return to Psychoville without people finding out in advance. Latest one at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083pr3h

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Latest episode brought to you in association with Mike Leigh...

That’s what I love about this series. They have such a great ability to tell stories across a range of genres. Last week’s was full of laughs whereas this episode was straight drama.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here