Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Oh, that's true enough but Trump has a personal following that no-one else can match.

But you're right that the GOP has serious problems. The head-banging right wing are a clear minority but they have a lot of clout in the party; however, that's not going to win them Democrat, independent and traditional Republican votes so by embracing them, they're in for a long period in the wildnerness.

And that's before we take into account demographic changes - GOP voters are older and the non-white population is growing faster. If a Biden government enacts changes that makes it easier for non-whites to vote, they can seal power for a long, long time

So it could be argued that there is opportunity within the Republican Party for a politician who is the opposite of Trump ie one who takes the agenda towards the (just right of) centre. That is usually how democratic politics responds to a fundamental change in the voting demographic. It would make elections about capturing the middle ground and ethnic minority votes rather than a race to the margins. It seems inconceivable that sensible Republicans would cede future power to the Democrats by ignoring the reality of electoral maths. Unless of course I have completely misunderstood the willingness of Republicans to act against their own interest. Perhaps I am judging them by the approach of the Conservative Party over here which has as its priority the winning of elections.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really do betting, but if my understanding is correct to get circa 90-1 on 2025 (basically USA dictatorship) means a not insignificant sum has already been bet?

Have to say that although betting IS my thing, I don't really do Betfair. My aussie mate seems delighted at the market tho, has to be said. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I believe is a Betfair guru. Any thoughts on this particular market boss? Should people be piling on and zapping Trump's hard-of-thinking followers?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't really do betting, but if my understanding is correct to get circa 90-1 on 2025 (basically USA dictatorship) means a not insignificant sum has already been bet?

That price reflects the possibility he may win the 2024 election and be President again in 2025. Any takers?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Even if it's not Trump himself then the prospect of another party for the lunatics is definitely likely.

They're not going to vote for "the establishment" so it'll either be an ultra right hatstand candidate (Cruz with David Icke and Alex Jones as special advisors?) or they just won't vote again.

Either way, the GOP is in serious bother without the mad vote. They rely on redneck halfwits who don't understand anything. It must be panic stations for many Republican politicians right now.

' Lunatics '....' Halfwits '.......surely I've seen that sort of language somewhere else before....let me think....aaah yes.....thought this sort of intellectual preening, smug arrogance and left-wing wokeness had a special home in the ' Bear Pit '

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A Trump party could mean Republicans out in the cold for the next decade

Even if it's not Trump himself then the prospect of another party for the lunatics is definitely likely

Either way, the GOP is in serious bother without the mad vote. They rely on redneck halfwits who don't understand anything. It must be panic stations for many Republican politicians right now.

An Op Ed in the New York Times says part of Trump's legacy will be to rip the Republican party apart, if he hasn't already done so.

A lot of Americans want to see a split in the Republican party with the likes of Ted Cruz and the other extreme right wingers forming their own group and the more moderate ones like Mitt Romney forming theirs. As it stands it looks like the Republican party is completely broken and unelectable. A lot of voters will not forgive a party they see as having basically enabled and supported the worst president in history

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/opinion/republicans-trump.html

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
' Lunatics '....' Halfwits '.......surely I've seen that sort of language somewhere else before....let me think....aaah yes.....thought this sort of intellectual preening, smug arrogance and left-wing wokeness had a special home in the ' Bear Pit '

It's not "left wing" or "woke" to be anti-white supremacist terrorists. Seriously.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An Op Ed in the New York Times says part of Trump's legacy will be to rip the Republican party apart, if he hasn't already done so.

A lot of Americans want to see a split in the Republican party with the likes of Ted Cruz and the other extreme right wingers forming their own group and the more moderate ones like Mitt Romney forming theirs. As it stands it looks like the Republican party is completely broken and unelectable. A lot of voters will not forgive a party they see as having basically enabled and supported the worst president in history

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/opinion/republicans-trump.html

Also - a lot of voters will not forgive a party they see as having basically enabled and supported a terror plot involving an attempted coup on democracy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh do behave.

If insane racists who believe in conspiracy theories and support Trump can't be called out then we might as well all give up.

I realise you have a problem with me, but you're just making yourself look very silly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
£120. You'd have to have the cash in your account to cover the odds but yes, it's basically free money.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It wasn’t a generalization about all Republican voters. Rather it was aimed very specifically at the rabid types who tried to launch a coup last week and/or support Trump specifically rather than the party. Seems entirely valid to me to question the sanity of paranoid insurrectionists. Also seems reasonable to wonder about the prospects for the party if they are left with their civilized voters only.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I've seem some bonkers posts in my time on NSC but this must be one of the maddest. We're talking about an insurrection that had the intention of killing elected politicians, led by people who are genuine Nazis - there's nothing "left wing" or "woke" about opposing them.

Churchill was one of the first people in the UK to speak out about the Nazi threat: was he left wing and woke? Jeez

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does that mean actually leaving the Oval Office?Do they think he'll follow the example set by Assange and hole up there for another 4 years?

Yes, yes it does. Like I say, click on the 'info' button. Enough stupid small brain Trumpites out there actually believe that he might still be in office to 2025 and beyond :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Does that mean actually leaving the Oval Office? Do they think he'll follow the example set by Assange and hole up there for another 4 years?

Hopefully ...then we build a big wall around it ( Donald can pay for its construction) but obviously with no door. We can then catapult food parcels ( like to ones for school meals) over the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hopefully ...then we build a big wall around it ( Donald can pay for its construction) but obviously with no door. We can then catapult food parcels ( like to ones for school meals) over the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They'd have to be from McDonalds or well done steak with ketchup (like a small child would eat). Otherwise he'd starve. Oh hang on........ Just fire a load of vegan pasties and salad over. :clap2:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They'd have to be from McDonalds or well done steak with ketchup (like a small child would eat). Otherwise he'd starve. Oh hang on........ Just fire a load of vegan pasties and salad over. :clap2:

Funny you should say that. My first job in the late 80s was at an American company. We had a visit from a big cheese from NY. He had more money than you could shake a stick at, but whilst on a week long trip to London would only eat McDonalds. Very disappointing as I had been hoping for one long round of expenses paid trips to fancy restaurants.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I've seem some bonkers posts in my time on NSC but this must be one of the maddest. We're talking about an insurrection that had the intention of killing elected politicians, led by people who are genuine Nazis - there's nothing "left wing" or "woke" about opposing them.

Churchill was one of the first people in the UK to speak out about the Nazi threat: was he left wing and woke? Jeez

Typical of the poster and sadly many more like him. I see he got a thumbs up from GT49er :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here