Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The mentalists will always find an excuse for ANYTHING right wing/Trump related.

It seems you can now have a raw 8 minute video of a copper murdering a bloke (as his mates watch) and it's still "fake news".

It's getting to the stage where the best course of action would be a cull of the stupid. Perhaps the virus will end up doing something useful as well as causing horrific grief.

well time will tell 3 or 4 weeks should be long enough for the second wave to manifest.......or not , on both sides of the pond......:rolleyes:

what a cluster**** of a few months this has been....!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
conspiracy batland think everything is fake, every event is using actors to create a false flag to orchestrate take over by the ever-present "powers that be"... they cant quite decide between themselves which side Trump is on. the calling of the military into domestic affairs causes a collective cognative dissonance, some see it as great kick ass, others see its against constitution.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Put it this way, we aren't exactly eager to reopen the border.
A pal has a Canadian friend, I once asked her what she thought of the US and it's idiosyncrasies and she said " Canada is what the US could have become, they just ****ed it up"

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
conspiracy batland think everything is fake, every event is using actors to create a false flag to orchestrate take over by the ever-present "powers that be"... they cant quite decide between themselves which side Trump is on. the calling of the military into domestic affairs causes a collective cognative dissonance, some see it as great kick ass, others see its against constitution.

they let it escalate (minneapolis) to such an extent that state troopers were called in ......we watched it live on cnn .....hell of a lot of white faces involved , over half in fact......high fiving , arms in the air......bonkers...!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Yup. The Sandy Hook school massacre. Fake.
Its grieving parents, whose lives have been devastated in ways that are incomprehensibly painful. Fake actors.
Some guy who shot at a concert audience from a hotel window recently, all captured on numerous bits of film footage. Fake.
Its eyewitnesses, covered in blood and frantically weeping for injured loved ones. Fake actors.

There's an element of Batshit Crazy in the US that's beyond terrifying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yup. The Sandy Hook school massacre. Fake.
Its grieving parents, whose lives have been devastated in ways that are incomprehensibly painful. Fake actors.
Some guy who shot at a concert audience from a hotel window recently, all captured on numerous bits of film footage. Fake.
Its eyewitnesses, covered in blood and frantically weeping for injured loved ones. Fake actors.

There's an element of Batshit Crazy in the US that's beyond terrifying.

I think there has always been a sub layer of fantasists and oddballs in the US, along with other countries, it's just that in the US they seem to be even more extreme. This hasn't been helped by the vacuum in moral leadership and governance by Trump. Dark days ahead for the US, they desperately need someone with empathy and wisdom who can heal and unite and lead from the front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there has always been a sub layer of fantasists and oddballs in the US, along with other countries, it's just that in the US they seem to be even more extreme. This hasn't been helped by the vacuum in moral leadership and governance by Trump. Dark days ahead for the US, they desperately need someone with empathy and wisdom who can heal and unite and lead from the front.

So in November they will be choosing between:-

Trump

&

Biden...

...oh.

You've got to think Michelle Obama, running on a third ticket, would win by quite some margin.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You've got to think Michelle Obama, running on a third ticket, would win by quite some margin.

Sadly she's said in the past she doesn't want to go into politics.

But you're right. Trump/Biden is the most underwhelming and depressing choice.

If ever there was a moment for someone to step in and save America from itself this is it, but instead we have the fairly flawed and uninspiring Biden vs the completely flawed and poisonous Orange bungle****.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sadly she's said in the past she doesn't want to go into politics.

But you're right. Trump/Biden is the most underwhelming and depressing choice.

If ever there was a moment for someone to step in and save America from itself this is it, but instead we have the fairly flawed and uninspiring Biden vs the completely flawed and poisonous Orange bungle****.

Reminds me of the French presidential election of 2002 when the choice was the crook or the fascist

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Trump

&

Biden...

...oh.

Yes, that is the magnitude of the problem, I think I said about a month or two back that we are looking at the end of the US as being the dominant country in the world now. Their time is over unless they can find real leadership in the next few years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Trump

&

Biden...

...oh.

I said this on the Biden thread. Michelle Obama would be the choice of the sane, European liberal. Biden v Trump is what America wants and, to an extent, deserves. Not all of it of course, certainly not moderate Republicans or progressive Democrats, but by and large America has made its bed. It's the same for us, before anyone mentions the Hobson's Choice (in that you get a useless leader) that was Corbyn V Johnson, only here it's the right wing press and Dom's focus groups driving the agenda and there it seems to be racism, entitlement and pig-shit-thickery.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said this on the Biden thread. Michelle Obama would be the choice of the sane, European liberal. Biden v Trump is what America wants and, to an extent, deserves. Not all of it of course, certainly not moderate Republicans or progressive Democrats, but by and large America has made its bed. It's the same for us, before anyone mentions the Hobson's Choice (in that you get a useless leader) that was Corbyn V Johnson, only here it's the right wing press and Dom's focus groups driving the agenda and there it seems to be racism, entitlement and pig-shit-thickery
Of course, although we weren't shy of racism, entitlement and pig-shit-thickery either.

I would be amazed if there isn't a little voice in the back of MO head saying 'just do it', not to mention X amount of people saying it too her face.

She's the only non celebrity with the gravitas to pull it off, if she says no then we're down to Hanks, Oprah and Smith!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

Trump

&

Biden...

...oh.

I'm not so sure. One of the reasons Hilary didn't win was this notion that it was 'her turn' and that she was shoehorned into the nominations. That turned a lot of voters away.

It also doesn't say much about the Democrats if they are relying on the political cache of an ex-President. They should be cultivating decent options of their own (i.e. those who have experience of working as a politician and come through).

Biden is a win-win option. If he loses they aren't in when the recession hits. They also clear the decks of Bernie/,Biden etc. If he wins they might be the dog who catches the car....

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't really understand the conversation around the American presidency. If you didn't understand it before, surely you do now? Maybe people don't like Joe Biden, for whatever reason(s), but there can't be any doubt he'd appoint a stronger cabinet of individuals capable of doing the work. His administration would be fully staffed and capable of responding to situations which arise. His administration would be staffed by people able to speak coherently and who are qualified for the positions they are appointed to and aren't randomly fired when the president needs to change the public narrative. The war on the press would be ended. The war on intellect would be ended. The administration would aim to unite the country, rather than divide into sections for the purpose of winning an election or two. The politics of hate and fear would be replaced with calm and a focus on the future of the country and re-establishing a US presence on the world stage.

Trump is a forest fire clearing the way for a stronger forest to grow. Hopefully those who follow him and his ideology will be burnt along with him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not so sure. One of the reasons Hilary didn't win was this notion that it was 'her turn' and that she was shoehorned into the nominations. That turned a lot of voters away.

It also doesn't say much about the Democrats if they are relying on the political cache of an ex-President. They should be cultivating decent options of their own (i.e. those who have experience of working as a politician and come through).

Biden is a win-win option. If he loses they aren't in when the recession hits. They also clear the decks of Bernie/,Biden etc. If he wins they might be the dog who catches the car....

Hilary had all her baggage from years in politics.
Unbelievably Trump was able to exploit that, while being untouched by his own shitehouseary.
Despite playing White Supremacist card he even got some of the minority vote (which does rather leave the nation open to 'you made you bed...' )

Let's also not forget Hilary did actually win the popular vote.

Having Biden as the best possible candidate is far more damning to the Democratic Party than Michelle saying 'fudge this I've got to do something'.

There is something to be said for the poison Challis that is the next term and giving it a swerve, although it's hard to imagine America holding on another 5 years for their saviour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really understand the conversation around the American presidency. If you didn't understand it before, surely you do now? Maybe people don't like Joe Biden, for whatever reason(s), but there can't be any doubt he'd appoint a stronger cabinet of individuals capable of doing the work. His administration would be fully staffed and capable of responding to situations which arise. His administration would be staffed by people able to speak coherently and who are qualified for the positions they are appointed to and aren't randomly fired when the president needs to change the public narrative. The war on the press would be ended. The war on intellect would be ended. The administration would aim to unite the country, rather than divide into sections for the purpose of winning an election or two. The politics of hate and fear would be replaced with calm and a focus on the future of the country and re-establishing a US presence on the world stage.

Trump is a forest fire clearing the way for a stronger forest to grow. Hopefully those who follow him and his ideology will be burnt along with him.
Of course you are correct, nobody has to be Presidential in order to be a better president than Trumpet.

For me, from the outside looking in, Biden is still more of the same.
An old white rich guy with his own questionable sexual past.

I wouldn't have too much faith in generation change beginning in the Biden presidency.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Hilary had all her baggage from years in politics.
Unbelievably Trump was able to exploit that, while being untouched by his own shitehouseary.
Despite playing White Supremacist card he even got some of the minority vote (which does rather leave the nation open to 'you made you bed...' )

Let's also not forget Hilary did actually win the popular vote.

Having Biden as the best possible candidate is far more damning to the Democratic Party than Michelle saying 'fudge this I've got to do something'.

There is something to be said for the poison Challis that is the next term and giving it a swerve, although it's hard to imagine America holding on another 5 years for their saviour.

One political commentator I heard summed it up quite well, the election was more a referendum on Hilary than it was a choice of her and Trump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here