Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm surprised that such a level headed and capable politician like Hague would trot out the same radicalised europhile nonsense seen across social.media.

Meanwhile back in the real world numerous companies including car manufacturers are interested in taking over that site ..

Britishvolt site draws interest from more than a dozen companies - https://on.ft.com/3XGkO0N via @FT

Maybe he woke up and smelt the coffee or should i say bullshit

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe he woke up and smelt the coffee or should i say bullshit
I’ve always had a grudging respect for Hague. I’d go as far as “liking” him. But his comments are embarrassing and the worst thing is, I know he doesn’t believe a word he’s saying himself - which is very unlike him historically.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’ve always had a grudging respect for Hague. I’d go as far as “liking” him. But his comments are embarrassing and the worst thing is, I know he doesn’t believe a word he’s saying himself - which is very unlike him historically.
Maybe has learnt from Boris if you say something often enough then people accept it is true.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe has learnt from Boris if you say something often enough then people accept it is true.
Could be - I just expected more from Hague. He has never shied from challenging the party line and comes off like a decent bloke. It just all smacks of desperation.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But, since this is the Brexit thread, how do you think the Brexit that you campaigned so long and hard for is going ? Maybe highlight some of the benefits you expected that are now coming to fruition, or suggest some solutions to some of the crises you and your fellow campaigners have caused the rest of society rather than just indulging in utterly pointless whataboutery ???

And, back on the actual subject of Brexit

Brexit to blame for collapse of Britishvolt, says ex-Tory leader William Hague​

Brexit is to blame for the collapse of the British electric car battery start-up Britishvolt causing hundreds of job losses, according to former Conservative leader Lord William Hague. The Tory grandee said the failure of the company – which had plans to build a giga-factory in Northumberland – was “part of the damage” of the UK’s exit from the EU. Britishvolt made the majority of its 300 staff redundant on Wednesday after appointing administrators when it failed to raise enough funding for its Cambois site.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...itishvolt-electric-car-collapse-b2264598.html
I am upset and disappointed. Shattered, broken, bothered and bewildered. I cannot go on. My life is ruined.

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Yes, the FT does report numerous companies are interested in the Britishvolt site, but reading the article it seems the interested companies are not necessarily wanting to make batteries on a large scale, or indeed batteries at all.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Finally we have something POSITIVE from Brexit! Yes, you heard it hear on NSC.

My grandson's school in London has just taken supply of 20 boxes of A4 paper with the Brexit campaign logo on the top corner for the children to use as scrap paper for drawing on.

And I for one thought nothing positive would ever come out of such an own goal. How wrong was I?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Finally we have something POSITIVE from Brexit! Yes, you heard it hear on NSC.

My grandson's school in London has just taken supply of 20 boxes of A4 paper with the Brexit campaign logo on the top corner for the children to use as scrap paper for drawing on.

And I for one thought nothing positive would ever come out of such an own goal. How wrong was I?
Well I'm sure that will cheer up our bewildered friend and his mate 'the bringer of truth' worrying about wokes all the time. Maybe e-mail to JRM and the rest of the Brexit cabal as a start on their Brexit benefits list :lolol:

Jacob Rees-Mogg casts doubt over breakthrough in Northern Ireland's Brexit trade talks​

Former Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg told Express.co.uk: "I'm not confident [of a breakthrough] because this has been going on for a long time. There have been lots of discussions with lots of foreign secretaries that haven't led to a breakthrough. I won't hold my breath, but I would not dismiss it out of hand."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...es-mogg-doubts-over-northern-ireland-protocol

Who could have foreseen Northern Ireland being such a problem ? When even the Express has turned and called Brexit 'unsalvageable', it looks like JRM could do with some good news about your grandson's school :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What

It is a shit show but having spent many years of seeing your ranting in the bearpit, what do you mean by targeting a third of the electorate who are easily convinced? Is that a delicate way of putting idiots?
If it is, well my response is on another thread about that.
Sorry, but thought the answer would be more appropriate on this thread. Not at all, the third of the electorate who believed some, most or all of this

leave promises.jpg

Although there's no point in going over old ground now, I was simply explaining how we got to the Government we currently have. Far more important now going forward is trying to find a way out of this total shitshow.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Sorry, but thought the answer would be more appropriate on this thread. Not at all, the third of the electorate who believed some, most or all of this

View attachment 156017
Although there's no point in going over old ground now, I was simply explaining how we got to the Government we currently have. Far more important now going forward is trying to find a way out of this total shitshow.

Early entry for funniest comment of 2023 :facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 156017
That is f***ing grotesque, reading that. It's like finding Jimmy Savile's contract with the BBC that declares that he will nurture the welfare of young people and seek to protect them from harm and exploitation.

Is wokewanka still arguing that what we was promised is neither here nor there, or something? You can't argue with religion. I prefer to ignore it <sigh>

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford

View attachment 156017
So you didn't actually answer my question. Do you think the third of the electorate are thick or stupid. I realise I am talking to someone who has been head hunted by financial institutions. Lol.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its the gift that keeps on giving. Eurostar limited at 60% due to limited border infrastructure.

Its almost as if some people believed all the lies and that nothing would change?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And in order to move us forward, as an ardent Unionist and campaigner for Johnson's border in the Irish sea, what do you think the Government should do to resolve the unimplementable Northern Ireland Protocol ?

forrest-gump-running-forrest-gump.gif
I think you are getting confused between WokeWorrier and Johnny "4 accounts" Genius.

Lol.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you are getting confused between WokeWorrier and Johnny "4 accounts" Genius.

Lol.
Definitely no confusion here, although I'm not sure the same could be said of him :wink:

‘I was lied to by Boris Johnson’: Why much of UK fishing is still waiting for a Brexit boost​

It was 23 August 2019, and the MP, less than a month into his spell as prime minister, was on an unannounced visit to the south Devon fishing town of Brixham. “Me and my son Joshua chatted to Boris for about ten minutes,” he recalls. “He promised us that we would need to expand our premises, employ more staff. “He told us that when the Brexit rules came in January 2021, we would be so busy that we would take the fish off the French and they would be desperate to buy it from us. He said we could look forward to a very, very prosperous future.”

Roll forward three-and-a-half years and Mr Perkes’ revenue is 30 per cent down. He had run his business profitably for 45 years before the post-Brexit fishing rules came into force in January 2021. Now he is having to contemplate giving up entirely on exports – which accounted for 85 per cent of his pre-Brexit sales – and axing up to a dozen of his 15 staff.

https://inews.co.uk/news/was-lied-b...uk-fishing-still-waiting-brexit-boost-2096883

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at the fact 'Johnson lied' is a headline. WTF did he really expect :facepalm:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot of people have little interest and/or understanding of politics. Maybe as many as a third. That doesn't make them thick but in some ways it makes them vulnerable to persuasion by unprincipled politicians.....
That’s fine is they don’t vote. But if they chose to vote, with all the consequences of the vote, and have little interest or understanding then that does make you a bit thick imho.

I wouldn’t do something, which has significant impact on others, without at least educating myself first.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That’s fine is they don’t vote. But if they chose to vote, with all the consequences of the vote, and have little interest or understanding then that does make you a bit thick imho.

I wouldn’t do something, which has significant impact on others, without at least educating myself first.
I'd really like to see a subject at school called "life skills". This could cover some of the essentials to life, areas covered could include financial planning / budgeting, basic nutrition / food prep, UK constitution / politics.

In return for the later there would be a better chance of individuals making sensible decisions rather than getting gaslit by slogans and cheap gimmicks from dishonest actors. Oh and voting would also be mandatory...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here