Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No DUP statement tonight and they're not budging on The WA. They might be stuck in 1690 but at least they've got principles.

DUP says no so all that fuss over May leaving for nothing

Arlene Foster,*the DUP leader, has said her party cannot support Theresa May’s deal.

She has said that the DUP will not support the deal, does that mean that they will actively vote against it or just abstain?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She has said that the DUP will not support the deal, does that mean that they will actively vote against it or just abstain?

This is their statement in full. If the union is the most important thing to them, you have to assume they'll vote against it again.

[tweet]1111006461562441730[/tweet]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Reading the statement looks a big NO.

This was obviously the statement they had prepared earlier, but May saying she will go gave them a rethink.

They haven't changed their mind. May deal officially dead I would think.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] may get his first positive result then. (Albeit very short term :lolol:)

Silly person ... the First positive result was on June 23rd 2016 :p

It would almost be worth us ending up with a PM Boris taking us out with no deal just to see the reaction on here ....

200.gif

... almost. :D

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I thought everyone agreed they always wouldn’t. It’s a case of whether the 25 Labour and the Tory numbers add up.

I think that if the DUP aren't willing to endorse the deal then there will be at least 15 Tory MPs who then aren't willing to endorse.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think that if the DUP aren't willing to endorse the deal then there will be at least 15 Tory MPs who then aren't willing to endorse.

You're right, this will pull at least 15 Tories back from supporting it. Circa 50 Tory MP's could be now against.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1110989660313001990[/TWEET]

I mean, he's got a point...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thank f*** we are dealing with a proper mature and grown up government in the EU.

Could you imagine what would happen if they were as incompetent as we are?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank f*** we are dealing with a proper mature and grown up government in the EU.

Could you imagine what would happen if they were as incompetent as we are?

And to think many Brexiteers prefer to be run by the U.K. government rather than the EU :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mogg really is one isn't he:

In response, Mr Rees-Mogg said Mr Boles' argument was "characteristically Wykehamist - highly intelligent but fundamentally wrong". The word "Wykehamist" is used to refer to someone who went to Winchester College.

Turning his guns on Sir Oliver, another alumnus of Eton College, Mr Rees-Mogg added: "I must confess I've sometimes thought my right honourable friend for West Dorset was more a Wykehamist than of my own school."

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Will be interesting to see what the DUP vote for in these indicative votes, as any form of Brexit other than No Deal needs the Withdrawal Agreement with the backstop in it. The WA that they don't want to vote for and which the EU say cannot be changed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Silly person ... the First positive result was on June 23rd 2016 :p

It would almost be worth us ending up with a PM Boris taking us out with no deal just to see the reaction on here ....

200.gif

... almost. :D

Well there's not may alternatives, but look on the bright side. Shirley you must find out what you voted for in the next couple of weeks :)

Maybe ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here