Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Genuine question.

Would you rather a ****ing shit Brexit that literally 100% of people on earth ever (Remainer and Leavers) agree 100% is completely ****ing shit, or to Remain?

Honest, genuine question.

If you offer up a deal that is so shit that it isnt really Brexit at all, i dont see how you can vote either way.
I would expect if a deal was presented that not 1 person agreed with and wasnt really brexit......most people would say "hang on....wtf is that?"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you offer up a deal that is so shit that it isnt really Brexit at all, i dont see how you can vote either way.
I would expect if a deal was presented that not 1 person agreed with and wasnt really brexit......most people would say "hang on....wtf is that?"

I repeat my question. If all agreed it was a terrible brexit, and was put to a referendum with the two options - would you vote for it, or to Remain?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I find it fascinating that those worried about immigration in the South live in areas where they little to none experience of it.
Immigration wasn't why I voted to leave, as I've already said on other threads where others screamed at me, called me thick and demanded to know why I voted as I did.

I merely picked up your erroneous comments:

''The reality is no government that wants the economy to grow in turn seeks to control immigration''

followed by:

Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull
Sorry, that's two countries who currently (and publicly talk loudly) about cracking down on illegal immigration.

Says nothing about their immigration levels.

Unbelievable.

But hey, if you like, carry on believing that every leave voter is thick and/or racist.

It was complacency like that, and not understanding the strength of feeling across the Country from ordinary people, which caught out those who believed from their ivory towers that remain was a shoo-in.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
JC and Beetroot Pasta with a nice love in on the thread there. Heart warming, it really is. What a meeting of minds though. Or possibly the melding of A mind that could be created from the leftover sensible bits and used to utter a coherent sentence.

Stand back and admire people, this is truly great stuff. #tashhag

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Immigration wasn't why I voted to leave, as I've already said on other threads where others screamed at me, called me thick and demanded to know why I voted as I did.

followed by:

But hey, if you like, carry on believing that every leave voter is thick and/or racist.

It was complacency like that, and not understanding the strength of feeling across the Country from ordinary people, which caught out those who believed from their ivory towers that remain was a shoo-in.

I took his post to mean no British Government.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

followed by:

I'm not complacent and I don't believe for one second that leavers are racist. I describe myself as a reluctant remainer, but that's due to my natural dislike of bureaucracy. I decided to vote remain in the morning.

I can also talk to you for hours about my believe that the the EU is essentially a European "keep the foreigners out" club. How unfair it is that those people from the countries we took over during the Empire are now back of the queue - I'm friends with people from India and Pakistan who voted OUT.

However the anti-Euro cause (it has a non racist history in this country both on the left and the right) has been hijacked by a xenophobia that blames everything on Europe and those like Rees Mogg with a wider agenda.

I'd imagine leavers like yourself are feeling very pissed off at the moment, but direct your anger elsewhere. You've been lied to by thick as mince politicians who hadn't read up on the Good Friday Agreement.

Johnson (and Gove) want to be PM.

David Davis couldn't run a shop.

UKIP has morphed into the BNP and aligned itself with Tommy Robinson. When did Islamic Terrorism become an EU issue ?

Rees Mogg is an odd neo liberal who rarely talks about business or immigration. Like his father and the economist he treats as God, he simply wants a low regulation tax haven.

The complete clusterf### brought about by those wanting to leave on your behalf apparently. Nah, they could give a **** about you or me.

Sir James Michael Goldsmith must be turning in his grave. He didn't want this.

Personally I'd like some form of "soft brexit" (whatever that means) because the bubble is burst and we can argue about who won for the next 20 years.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The deal IS brexit though. It takes us out the EU. This is the ONLY thing the referendum vote stated. Stop changing your mind.

I havnt changed my mind at all.
If not one single person on the planet likes this supposed mythical imaginary deal in this new hypothetical question that has just been presented.....it probably isnt really brexit anyway.
Why dont you tell me what is contained in it and what all the components are before telling me what i think..

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I'd imagine leavers like yourself are feeling very pissed off at the moment,

Not really. Not at all. I am a spectator of a shitfest, like everyone else.

The popcorn is out and I've no idea how the movie ends but no, I'm not pissed off.

Personally I'd like some form of "soft brexit" (whatever that means) because the bubble is burst and we can argue about who won for the next 20 years.
Yay - we agree - me too.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ve had that unpleasant sole on ignore for a while. He pops up with hateful stuff all over NSC, not just on politics, snide remarks his trademark.

(I followed the lead of @HWT, it makes NSC so much more enjoyable).

Wilson’s Tickle can be a git too. Everyone has the right to offend but some abuse the privilege.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wonder what EU 2.0 will become post Brexit? Clearly it’s going to have to change regardless, ironically our biggest contribution has been to shake the reform foundations to the core whilst other challenges like climate change, security and mass migration will all magnify the existing cracks.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
History will record that the Tories/ERG strategically ****ed with the "will of the people" argument, what the people voted for etc...

Unfortunately 48% didn't and it wasn't a general election where you get 5 years to do what you like if only 33% of the electorate voted you in.

They have strategically decided to ignore 48% of the electorate as a long term project.

Even if May gets her deal through, this one decision isn't going to go away.

As much as I hate Corbyn for his complete non position, you can understand why any party in opposition would take that stance.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It does not matter what is in it, if you voted leave you votes for leaving the eu. You never specified how or any details apart from not being in the eu.

Dont you want to know what is written in this deal that not 1 person on the planet likes?........i would like to know what it says?
You know, make up my own mind rather than be a lemming. How do you know if its even leaving the EU if you dont want to know whats written in it.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If Brexit does not happen democracy will be finished in our country.

Nonsense, all it means is that the country (or should I say, the people in the country) have been sensible enough to examine the concept a lot more over the past 3 years, and maybe....just maybe, have had second thoughts about the realities/practicalities of leaving, and decided to not rush headlong into a potential disaster.

That's democracy, and the freedom to change one's mind IF necessary. Anything else is just sheer bloody-mindedness for the sake of it, and what's democratic about that?

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Nonsense, all it means is that the country (or should I say, the people in the country) have been sensible enough to examine the concept a lot more over the past 3 years, and maybe....just maybe, have had second thoughts about the realities/practicalities of leaving, and decided to not rush headlong into a potential disaster.

That's democracy, and the freedom to change one's mind IF necessary. Anything else is just sheer bloody-mindedness for the sake of it, and what's democratic about that?

You don`t know what the people think ,its just Parliament all we can do is watch it on TV or go on a march .

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Dont you want to know what is written in this deal that not 1 person on the planet likes?........i would like to know what it says?
You know, make up my own mind rather than be a lemming. How do you know if its even leaving the EU if you dont want to know whats written in it.

Well here it is. Now you can know what you might have won. These are all publicly accessible, not hidden.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw18DXMKsy8zw1Hj50amiE6B

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Eh? By your own logic you are a lemming, as you voted leave without knowing the first thing about the deal.

And it IS Leaving the EU. The point being you weren’t able to vote for what kind of deal we got, so even if it’s the worst deal ever, it IS what you voted for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Indeed, democracy didn't end on 23rd June, its an ongoing process. Cameron's failure to insist on a super majority in the referendum has put us in the mess we're in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here