Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. Essentially the limit of what they can actually do is to take a dinghy out to about half-way and shout "No. Turn back. Go home." through a megaphone.
When we leave its going to be even harder to deport to France unless we pay the French an awful lot of cash.... " Taking Back Control"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Out of context ? Go on then, I'll play

Do you want to explain the context in which you stating

and then voting for a Border in the Irish Sea, is not totally moronic :shootself

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Brexiters have undermined the integrity of the UK voting in an English nationalist cult. The border in the Irish sea and the appalling Covid handling by Johnson and his cronies has only turbo charged Scottish independence

And if you question their wisdom you get called the 5th column.

If the Union falls it will be down to Brexiter arrogance...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
View attachment 126918

The burn is so intense it scalds. M Araud is of course correct. Patel also knows this. Her hands are tied due to the clock ticking on the Dublin 111 treaty and being then subject to the 1951 UN convention on refugees plus of course maritime law. Her 'clandestine' patrol (whatever that is) is no more than window dressing to give the appearance she is taking action. She has to throw the gammon masses of Sun & Mail readers who's heads are currently exploding, a snippet of hope. Despite all the noise about the navy intervening, they are subject to those previously mentioned agreements. The navy will not be ambushing, returning to France or impeding a few refugees on a lilo or dinghy anytime soon. Their options are extremely limited. Commander O'Mahoney no doubt has a very nice pension awaiting him when he decides to retire. He probably doesn't wish to spend his retirement asking questions at The Hague.

Vote Leave team government not fit for purpose, still a scandal Patel is anywhere near high office after previous misconduct

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Vote Leave team government not fit for purpose, still a scandal Patel is anywhere near high office after previous misconduct
Most of the cabinet and indeed, even the Prime Minstrel, are chancers who have blotted their copybook at some time or another, often repeated times. Johnson has his majority and he's only too willing to fill high office with people who owe him a favour or are Yes Men or both. Sadly we are stuck with these liars for some time.

Johnson knows he can, (and has already in some respects) get away with murder.

Jan 30, 2008
Brexiters have undermined the integrity of the UK voting in an English nationalist cult. The border in the Irish sea and the appalling Covid handling by Johnson and his cronies has only turbo charged Scottish independence

And if you question their wisdom you get called the 5th column.

If the Union falls it will be down to Brexiter arrogance...

****ing idiot
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Most of the cabinet and indeed, even the Prime Minstrel, are chancers who have blotted their copybook at some time or another, often repeated times. Johnson has his majority and he's only too willing to fill high office with people who owe him a favour or are Yes Men or both. Sadly we are stuck with these liars for some time.

Johnson knows he can, (and has already in some respects) get away with murder.

80 seat majority , sweet bruv , sweet :hilton:
Regards
DF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Out of context ? Go on then, I'll play

Do you want to explain the context in which you stating

and then voting for a Border in the Irish Sea, is not totally moronic :shootself

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

*sigh* This is why no one bothers engaging in any grown-up arguments with you.

You made a claim that Brexiteers are always telling you we knew EXACTLY what we were voting for so I asked you to quote some posts (other than leaving the EU) where this was the case. You posted three random posts of mine showing no such thing ... not for the first time I can't help but wonder if you are mainly incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest. Now go and play with Ppf he's more your level .. (apologies to Ppf).

Jan 30, 2008
*sigh* This is why no one bothers engaging in any grown-up arguments with you.

You made a claim that Brexiteers are always telling you we knew EXACTLY what we were voting for so I asked you to quote some posts (other than leaving the EU) where this was the case. You posted three random posts of mine showing no such thing ... not for the first time I can't help but wonder if you are mainly incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest. Now go and play with Ppf he's more your level .. (apologies to Ppf).

No offence taken , I just humour him for what he is
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, that happened on jan 31st 2020,thanks for asking though
Regards
DF

Weird how since that happened we've seen more and more boats in the channel from France, isn't it?

Let's see if you can add 2 to 2 successfully here. I'm not counting on it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Weird how since that happened we've seen more and more boats in the channel from France, isn't it?

Let's see if you can add 2 to 2 successfully here. I'm not counting on it.

I expressly heard the statement "we must leave the EU to control our borders"

Another Brexit falsehood.

Why aren't Brexiters angry at being misled?

The result of putting trust in charlatans, liars and snake oil salesmen coming home to roost. It's all downhill from here

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the only 2 Brexit voters desperate enough to still post on here since the inception of the Gammon Pit and this thread being thrown into the middle of it to sink to the bottom are Ppf coupled with his fellow simple and like minded friend JCFG.

I'll assume it's just links to right wing websites, frothing at the mouth about migrants and foreigners, inane sneering, plus the regurgitation of meaningless 3 word soundbites with zero substance being posted by them that I'm missing.

What a dilettantish double act and proper pair of Charlies though - they're not so much the Chuckle Brothers as the Knuckle Brothers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why aren't Brexiters angry at being misled?

Many don't yet believe they have been.
Others realise they have but are now too dug in to admit it.
Yet more know it but don't care as long as the Remainers are upset (even though hardly any of them are).

D

Deleted member 22389

Many don't yet believe they have been.
Others realise they have but are now too dug in to admit it.
Yet more know it but don't care as long as the Remainers are upset (even though hardly any of them are).

Nearly everyone I know outside of NSC including family voted Leave. These days Brexit never gets mentioned, as most people have moved on.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nearly everyone I know outside of NSC including family voted Leave. These days Brexit never gets mentioned

Embarrassment will do that to people.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Nearly everyone I know outside of NSC including family voted Leave. These days Brexit never gets mentioned, as most people have moved on.

Did you all vote to get back bendy bananas, keep 3-pin plugs, give 350m to the NHS, and stop all the Turks coming in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here