Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It might be in your circles but certainly not in manufacturing. My husband is an electronics design engineer and earns less than £27K.

But that's the point isn't it ...... it's not the average nor the majority but it is common. Even when I worked in manufacturing for Racal Defence that salary (at 1990's levels) wasn't uncommon in the company.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
France is opposing any further extension, if it does not have a concrete plan with clear support in the Commons, saying that without one Britain must be deemed to have chosen to leave the EU without a deal.

If it is now in the law that we cant leave without a deal, it only leaves revoke.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you can explain how a common (a very large percentage of something) can way way above the average without there being at least as many (just as common) below the average I wont take maths advice from you!

As usual you've not read what was typed. I specifically mentioned it wasn't a majority. So just for you, here's a basic maths example. Let's say I earn £80k and my two team members earn £20k each. The average is now £40k yet the £80k is a third of the employees .... i.e. common.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot_2019-04-05 Mike Galsworthy on Twitter.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you can explain how a common (a very large percentage of something) can way way above the average without there being at least as many (just as common) below the average I wont take maths advice from you!

i can explain it, the lower income bands cover benefits, pensions, part time earning etc. ~10% of incomes are over 50k, i think we can agree thats a good term for common, or may be not.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
At the end of the day its been a complete waste of time & money as there is little chance of any agreement & will inevitably go to a second referendum which wont solve anything as it will just anger who ever loses & incense the 'leavers' from the first vote who will wonder what their vote is worth if its ignored.

Referendum will end up ... Leave on a bad deal .... Remain & hope we veto the EU plans for a Financial Director and a Euro Army not to mention the fact we would have to use the Euro from 2022 whether we want to or not plans in Euro Parliament

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Because you're talking to people from southern England who move in such circles and despite being in the top 5% of earners in the country in earning more than £70k pa don't like being called 'privileged' - sometimes their credit cards can get declined due to an EPSOS error when buying £200 worth of wine at Waitrose - they might have to go and draw out cash to pay instead and get wet if it's raining, especially if they've left their debit card in their Range Rover.

Funnily enough that's the main demographic of the I million + (if Dianne Abbott is doing the counting) second referendum...'peoples' vote...confirmatory referendum... marchers.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes. But 80k is no longer a COMMON wage in that example.
If you have 5 employees and 3 earn 80k, making it the most COMMON, wage then the other two are going to have to be on some very small wages to make the 27k average work.

You've confused the word common with majority .... they aren't the same but given you've admitted you had very poor schooling I'll forgive you.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Also only about 25% of people in the UK earn above 75k a year. That is anything but common. You should just stop unless you want to come across as even more privileged and ignorant to the world around you.

You don't think 25% is common ?? :facepalm:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
It's mostly dull stuff that needs to be done, like defining the period, temperature and container milk has to be heated for, to, and in, to be pasteurised, how long it can be kept and in what container at what temperature before it reaches sell by or use by date. Shit no one wants to think about and means we don't have to because it's been done, and if it hasn't, we can complain to someone about it.
This is the x% of new uk laws are made in Britain bollocks, it's a truth, but nearly all of them are laws we agree to and welcome, it's just some one in Brussels has drafted it to make perfect sense and be scientifically sound, for all 28 countries. As opposed to new law made in the UK which is much more likely to be political and knee jerk, than anything coming from the EU. Find a shit bit of law that applies in the UK and I bet it is a bit drafted in Westminster.

This is all very superstate ,so the UK is to dumb to make a law ,no wonder we need to be in the EU ,they know best !.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
France is opposing any further extension, if it does not have a concrete plan with clear support in the Commons, saying that without one Britain must be deemed to have chosen to leave the EU without a deal.

It's a sad state of affairs when the President of France is more keen to enact the referendum result than most of our parliamentarians and the UK government.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
No. It is far more common to earn less than that. So don't sit there and say earning over 75k is ****ing common when you know damn well the vast majority of people don't earn that.

I haven't said that a MAJORITY of people earn that, that's your imagination. That's because you're an idiot.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Also only about 25% of people in the UK earn above 75k a year. That is anything but common. You should just stop unless you want to come across as even more privileged and ignorant to the world around you.

a quarter is not common in your view? odd discussion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At the end of the day its been a complete waste of time & money as there is little chance of any agreement & will inevitably go to a second referendum which wont solve anything as it will just anger who ever loses & incense the 'leavers' from the first vote who will wonder what their vote is worth if its ignored.

Referendum will end up ... Leave on a bad deal .... Remain & hope we veto the EU plans for a Financial Director and a Euro Army not to mention the fact we would have to use the Euro from 2022 whether we want to or not plans in Euro Parliament

Incorrect. It’s been pointed out and proved time and again on here that we will ALWAYS have the veto on joining the Euro. It’s this kind of scaremongering and inaccuracy that lead to Brexit to start with.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well you've obviously read the post and the links, so if you think I'm wrong what other option do you think there is other than Customs Union or Hard Border ?
Why would it be obvious I read the links.

There are enough interesting people debating on here with interesting views to read. Why would anyone waste time reading your thousands of links. That's your problem. You don't have your own view. You just link to others. You are the least interesting person on this thread, presuming you know what everyone else is thinking and doing. There is no point in anyone giving their opinion, because all you do is send them some other boring link. As I said you, you are a typical know all, that's knows **** all!! There are some very narrow minded boring people on this thread. You are right up there with the worst of them.

If I ever see you make an interesting point I will congratulate you on it. But don't hold your breath. Unless I am willing to open numerous links you post and read someone elses view, I will never see it!!:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Incorrect. It’s been pointed out and proved time and again on here that we will ALWAYS have the veto on joining the Euro. It’s this kind of scaremongering and inaccuracy that lead to Brexit to start with.

until of course we dont, its only a treaty away from being removed. and why shouldnt we want to as good EU citizens?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here