Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So the food industry is now warning of shortages post-Brexit. Funny but I could have sworn one of our resident Brexiters was adamant they'd spoken to someone in the food industry who said this was all made up?

No no no government spokeman says it's okay

But the government spokesman said: "Half of the food we eat is produced in the UK. The rest of our food is imported, with 30% coming from the EU and 20% from other countries. There will not be an overall shortage of food in the UK after we leave the EU."

Sorted. Simple.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Dominic Frisby is an interesting character, when he is not trying to be funny he writes about investing, tax, and cryptocurrencies. He is one of those that believes we should model the UK to be a Singapore type economy with low taxes. The trouble with him and this type of view is that they look at the world in a purely financial way, and believes everything else will sort itself out if we just have a simple low tax system, but this depends on others not employing an equally competetive tax code, if it were adopted around the world it doesn't work, to my mind what you are doing is stealing wealth from other nations by having a place the wealthy can protect their cash from the nations where they made it.

Race to the bottom...…………….

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No no no government spokeman says it's okay

Sorted. Simple.

He didn't mention that the other 20% mostly comes in on reduced or Zero tariff through EU trade deals, and mostly via Rotterdam though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
3 years of doom.and gloom from the deluded on here question is where has it got you ..

No where :wink:
Regards
DR
I'm looking forward to your next whinge about how the feral dickheads clad in Stone Island - your wànkbank material - are being marginalised and how it's just not fair.

You post that tedious bullshit around once a month. Where has that got you?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
They are constantly trying to lie, best to bear that in mind I think.

[tweet]1158450781575684096[/tweet]

It's depressing as I took Chris Skidmore, who was then Universities Minister on a tour at work and he seemed very intelligent and sensible and said that he was delighted that he was able to talk about something other than Brexit. Obviously he has drunk Cummings' Kool Aid and will spend the next few months talking nothing but bollocks. What price politician's principles.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These sunlit uplands sure look gloomy and low down, don't they?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
These sunlit uplands sure look gloomy and low down, don't they?

It's difficult to think of an adequate analogy of brexit fiasco that brexiters understand.

So,

If Brexit was the Lion King, Scar (Farage or Scarage if you will) would throw mEUfassa off a cliff.

Scarage and the Brexenas destroy the pride lands.

Remainba, mEUfassas son, returns to revoke A50 and make the pride great again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Radio 5 is having a themed 'no deal Brexit' day today. They are falling over backwards to come across as balanced (they have to) and amid the likely projected business carnage every now and then they drop in the word 'opportunities' associated with Brexit and invite contributions. To be honest these appear to be rather thin on the ground right now - but I reckon anyone who listens across the whole day might well find something on the upside mentioned, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Listened to a fair bit this morning. Various listeners phoning in explaining, in detail, how 'no deal' would adversely effect the business that they ran or were employed in. Really felt incredibly sorry for some of them, as there is f*** all they can do about it. The calls I heard covered Technology, Healthcare, Charities, Supply chain and Logisitics, Farming, food supply, pharmaceuticals.

I heard one pro Brexit call.
It was to say 'We charge tariffs on South African Oranges, but not on EU ones'. If we leave on 'no deal' I understand we are zero rating a lot of tariffs so, if oranges are one, we will be able to get South African oranges cheaper. Every question then asked by the person interviewing about tariffs, South Africa, importing fruit etc etc was answered with 'Well, I don't know, as I'm not a businessman'.

But he finished magnificently with 'I really can't imagine it will be anywhere near as bad as they say' :facepalm:

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's difficult to think of an adequate analogy of brexit fiasco that brexiters understand.

So,

If Brexit was the Lion King, Scar (Farage or Scarage if you will) would throw mEUfassa off a cliff.

Scarage and the Brexenas destroy the pride lands.

Remainba, mEUfassas son, returns to revoke A50 and make the pride great again.

"If Brexit was the Lion King" :lolol:

It's not the Lion King. Perhaps some of that money saved from leaving the EU could be put into Schools and Education.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
"If Brexit was the Lion King" :lolol:

It's not the Lion King. Perhaps some of that money saved from leaving the EU could be put into Schools and Education.

I know I know but some Brexiters still can't see how bad things are. So I thought I would dumb it down to make it easier...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know I know but some Brexiters still can't see how bad things are. So I thought I would dumb it down to make it easier...

Like nailing jelly to a wall. Good luck with that

And I must add, that I don't think all leavers are thick (but my god if NSC is anything to go by, the average has taken a big hit over the last 12 months) :lolol:

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

"They just can't see it".

Yeah Ok.

You didn't "dumb it down to make it easier". You just made it dumb.

There's good reason you turn to an analogy like that. Because there are actually no intellegent arguments you can make to change the situation. Yes there is lot's of worry about how things will shape up when we leave. & much of that concern is fully justified. But we had a refurrendum and decided, together, by way of a democratic vote, to leave the EU. So that is what we are going to do.

You would do better to spend less time thinking up meaningless Disney analogies (and accusing people who don't agree with you of being thick), and more time coming to terms with where we are, and then, getting over it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perhaps some of that money saved from leaving the EU could be put into Schools and Education.

Given leaving the EU is expected to cost more money than not leaving the EU, how does that work?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
"They just can't see it".

Yeah Ok.

You didn't "dumb it down to make it easier". You just made it dumb.

There's good reason you turn to an analogy like that. Because there are actually no intellegent arguments you can make to change the situation. Yes there is lot's of worry about how things will shape up when we leave. & much of that concern is fully justified. But we had a refurrendum and decided, together, by way of a democratic vote, to leave the EU. So that is what we are going to do.

You would do better to spend less time thinking up meaningless Disney analogies (and accusing people who don't agree with you of being thick), and more time coming to terms with where we are, and then, getting over it.

National security impacted, Economy impacted, the US bending us over for a sh1tty trade deal. When we already make our own decisions on Finance, defence, education, welfare etc etc. You're right it's not dumb.:clap2:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
National security impacted, Economy impacted, the US bending us over for a sh1tty trade deal. When we already make our own decisions on Finance, defence, education, welfare etc etc. You're right it's not dumb.:clap2:

four-legs-good-ezjzzg.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I heard one pro Brexit call.
It was to say 'We charge tariffs on South African Oranges, but not on EU ones'. If we leave on 'no deal' I understand we are zero rating a lot of tariffs so, if oranges are one, we will be able to get South African oranges cheaper. Every question then asked by the person interviewing about tariffs, South Africa, importing fruit etc etc was answered with 'Well, I don't know, as I'm not a businessman'.

But he finished magnificently with 'I really can't imagine it will be anywhere near as bad as they say' :facepalm:

Never mind the cheaper oranges from South Africa, it's the cheaper South African meat and lower food standards post-Brexit you might want to watch out for once our own free trade deal is concluded with them. They had the world's worst ever recorded listeriosis outbreak last year - 1060 cases and just the 216 killed. I'm glad The NHS is getting that £350m a week.......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never mind the cheaper oranges from South Africa, it's the cheaper South African meat and lower food standards post-Brexit you might want to watch out for once our own free trade deal is concluded with them. They had the world's worst ever recorded listeriosis outbreak last year - 1060 cases and just the 216 killed. I'm glad The NHS is getting that £350m a week.......

Well, he didn't know, as he wasn't a businessman :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
An increase in Nazi ***** like yourself is where it has got us. It makes me sick the amount of people here that crawl to your defence, you are a pathetic excuse for a human. Britain is better than you and your kind.

Ouch .... biting :lol: If you're this angry now what are you going to be like on the 1st November ??? Not too long for us to find out :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here